• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Force Unleashed's Absurd Protagonist Almost Returned for Star Wars: Rebels

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Them NOT embracing the dumb shit is what makes it so good in the first place. Give me emotion over spectacle anyday of the week. Insane how satisfying this is:
c65b5e1b129e17340d515c6b79e61d7a.gif

vs this:
USEFs0A.gif

Eh he was LTTP, first thing he was gonna do was make a red one after the whole Jedi purge thing.

That fight ended in a deus ex machina followed by another deus ex machina.. There's plenty of dumb shit to go around in the new trilogy,

Star Wars remains Star Wars.

TFU was a fun game but I hope they keep it non-canon. I have a hard time accepting that the Rebellion was Palpatines idea to bring all the loose rebels together into one solid fighting force so he could wipe them out all at once. Ehhhh not a fan of that.

Voidwolf

Guys, c'mon. They were just gonna bring back Galen Marek as another weak Inquisitor operating under Vader. Or maybe they'd make him the strongest of the Inquisitors (which isn't saying much) or the new Grand Inquisitor. I HIGHLY doubt they'd make his whole backstory canon or even bring back his codename.

Lucasfilm can pick and choose what characters or events come back from the old canon, just because they bring back one character doesn't mean everything they ever did or all details surrounding them are suddenly canon again. For example, if and when they bring back my boy Kyle Katarn, it doesn't mean he stole the Death Star plans. Thrawn being back doesn't mean the events of Outbound Flight took place or that the impending invasion of the Yuuzhan Vong is what motivated Palpatine to unite the galaxy under the Empire.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
TFU was a fun game but I hope they keep it non-canon. I have a hard time accepting that the Rebellion was Palpatines idea to bring all the loose rebels together into one solid fighting force so he could wipe them out all at once. Ehhhh not a fan of that.

There's no chance of it becoming canon, this is just the character of Starkiller they were considering. Bringing him back doesn't make the game canon anymore than bringing back Thrawn makes the Thrawn Trilogy canon.

And they have already sorta contradicted the events of the game anyway.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
That fight ended in a deus ex machina followed by another deus ex machina.. There's plenty of dumb shit to go around in the new trilogy,

Star Wars remains Star Wars.
The planet splitting apart is a deus ex machina but it has a point. The force however, is not a deus ex machina. Kylo Ren really couldn't have done anything even if Rey had lost but was still struggling, look at how exhausted he looks.

Top Bottom