• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013 Season |OT| End of the Webber Era

Will be interesting to see if Vettel or Raikkonen can handle the tires better.

Mercedes could easily become a contender for the two titles if they could get rid of the heat problem.

Cunton LOL trying to blame the team as always. Sergio is faster than you. Seems distraught that the almost rookie is beating the shit out of him now.

MrKaepora

This is going to be another race for Vettel to win isn't it?

Good job Mercedes. Now excuse me while I'll just watch your pilots fall behind tomorrow.

This is going to be another race for Vettel to win isn't it?

Good job Mercedes. Now excuse me while I'll just watch your pilots fall behind tomorrow.

Absolutely. Unless Vettel gets some kind of technical failure, he definitely got this. Mercedes is going to drop off a cliff and P1 is waiting nice and safe for Vettel. He can cruise to win like Schumacher back then.

Also, because we all forgot to mention it.

LOL Webber

Omiee

Everytime i hear a buttom interview its always about grip and him not having it, i guess he wants the brawn time again.

What the hell is going on with the BBC? Covering the whole weekend, but not enough money for the interviews? "Here's sum Rugby instead, lol".

Ce-Lin

that S3... Mercedes 0.5 quicker than everyone else except Vettel !

race prediction: VET - RAI - ALO - HAM - ROS - WEB - MAS - PER - GRO, in that order.

Isn't this the first time Perez was faster in Q?

Perez was also much faster in Bahrain. Button tried to use the team to bully Perez into backing off. Perez still beat him in the end.

I think Perez has settled in at McLaren now. With a few small updates we might actually see a relatively competitive 28 in the hands of Perez. Maybe what we put down to the car earlier was actually Button being shit and Perez being new. His fastest time is a 1:21.8 which is a good time, only half a second off Alonso's fastest time.

It looks like McLaren are making improvements, Button is just shit. If Lewis was driving that car I figure he could get it into 6th/7th and we would be talking about McLaren needing small improvements rather than large upgrades.

DBT85

You think their millions of dollars, these guys could afford razors

They all started rocking some kind of beardy stuble a few years ago, it's because their fireproof balaclavas itch when they clean shave.

No idea if it is still an issue.

John_B

Surely only disappointment for Mercedes tomorrow. No clear faster driver between them, both look amazingly fast. Could be a championship for Mercedes in the next couple of seasons.

Zeknurn

Well that Mercedes front row lock out was a big surprise. Must be some masterful sandbagging.

My Massa, Räikkönen, Alonso podium prediction seems very dumb now. I really thought Ferrari had it in the bag, but as always everything is unpredictable. In retrospective I'd change it to Vettel, Räikkönen, Hamilton.

They all started rocking some kind of beardy stuble a few years ago, it's because their fireproof balaclavas itch when they clean shave.

No idea if it is still an issue.

Must be horrible for Chilton then.

cYCiK4y.jpg

Maybe once he's old enough.

Ce-Lin

Britney was quicker than Lewis in every sector, impressive. First few turns will be fun with the Ferraris being so good at starting and Vettel in the crazy middle.

Ce-Lin

Alonso in Spanish TV, asked about that poor S3 times for Ferrari compared to Mercedes (and everyone else but Vettel) "no one knows what setups the other drivers are running, if Mercedes can pull away almost a second in just one sector they will lap everyone tomorrow, S3 is the sector where you need to be quick to defend from being overtaken... if the tires are up to the task, of course"

and asked about a possible winner he said "I believe Kimi can take this, I will get struck by a thunder or something (laughs)"

Anyone watching GP2?

Alonso in Spanish TV, asked about that poor S3 times for Ferrari compared to Mercedes (and everyone else but Vettel) "no one knows what setups the other drivers are running, if Mercedes can pull away almost a second in just one sector they will lap everyone tomorrow, S3 is the sector where you need to be quick to defend from being overtaken... if the tires are up to the task, of course"

and asked about a possible winner he said "I believe Kimi can take this, I will get struck by a thunder or something (laughs)"

Even he believes in the LdM curse.

DBT85

Really? I thought it would be itchier with the beard

Something about rashes I think, the stubble just stops the balaclava rubbing directly on the skin maybe. As I said, it might not be an issue any more and they might just be styling it out. I never shave, just clip it right back.

Must be horrible for Chilton then.

cYCiK4y.jpg

Maybe once he's old enough.

Chilton looks like he's never even had to shave lol.

Surely only disappointment for Mercedes tomorrow. No clear faster driver between them, both look amazingly fast. Could be a championship for Mercedes in the next couple of seasons.

Disappointment in not coming 1 and 2 yeah, but they'll be very pleased with a 4 and 5 I think. They know that they struggle in the races so it's not like it will be a shock. If they drop back further then they'll be very annoyed.

Disappointment in not coming 1 and 2 yeah, but they'll be very pleased with a 4 and 5 I think. They know that they struggle in the races so it's not like it will be a shock. If they drop back further then they'll be very annoyed.

And while Mercedes is probably going to drop off during the race, I'm sure the sponsors are pretty happy about the qualifying pace.

Hasn't Alonso has always had bad luck in Spain?

He finished 2nd last year and won in Valencia last year.

e:Crazy crash in GP2 just now. Guy tries to overtake someone, breaks way too late and uses the back of two cars to catapult himself over them.

he needs to get his shit together at the start, though, otherwise Alonso and Massa will fly past him.

Kimi is always good at starts. The problem is that he starts on the dirty side, and with Alonso next to him, it's a guaranteed that he will lose at least 1 position by turn one

Massa and Gutierrez get 3 place grid pens

So nothing for Maldonado even though he "held up" Button.

How unsurprising. Button is so full of shit.

Anyway, was thinking about the race tomorrow. I think Perez has a good chance of finishing in the top 5, he showed decent race pace last time out in Bahrain and had Button let him through I think he could have got 5th off Hamilton, he was gaining a lot of time in the final laps.

DBT85

Hamilton says he wasn't happy with the car all weekend expects to struggling in the race as a result. apparently made no changes to the setup since before FP3 started.

Maldonado was on a fast lap too. Guessing that has an influence in the decision.

Of course, all I was pointing out that Button's excuses are wearing very thin. He says he was held up, it was pretty clear in the video replay there was nothing in it, just another excuse from Button. For once I'm glad that the FIA cleared Maldonado!

Then in his final lap he said he made a few mistakes, but the replays showed no mistakes, he just isn't very fast. Perez has extracted more performance out of the car and Button can't stand it.

Top Bottom