• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013 Season |OT| End of the Webber Era

Leunam

In my mind, yes. But this is how the F1 website counted them, I guess since this is supposed to be a new team and not the factory team of old.

h3ro

Can't wait for the season to start. Fingers crossed for Fernando. Let's rock!

Oh, and red bull is dumb.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
I can't wait for the season to start since this will be my first time I've followed a whole season. I'm still trying to figure out who to root for. I'm leaning towards supporting Räikkönen.

Cuddler

Same here (Netherlands) man. Slipping into obscurity.

This will probably be the last year on swiss public tv...

I'm really afraid of what's going to happen when the sponsors realize that the tv exposure is going down the drain. I can't imagine that whatever the pay-tv channels are paying is making up for the loss of sponsor income...With so many teams having financial difficulties already...

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT| We can't see it but we still like it
:(

Still on the BBC though right? (which means we Dutchies can watch it live still without paying extra)

Yeah, but not all of them as well. I paid for Sport1 nonetheless. They do show all the practice session, quali and race in HD, which is nice. They also have some 2nd screen stuff going on.

I am still bummed out about Olav Mol leaving though. I think I'll watch BBC where possible and Sport1 the others.

Adamm

I can't wait for the season to start since this will be my first time I've followed a whole season. I'm still trying to figure out who to root for. I'm leaning towards supporting Räikkönen.

Wise choice, everyone loves Raikkonen!

& apparently most on GAF loves Alonso too :D

I don't care who wins as long as it's close and involves more than 3 damn teams fighting

any news on the GP in New Jersey? I was looking forward to that

This will probably be the last year on swiss public tv...

I'm really afraid of what's going to happen when the sponsors realize that the tv exposure is going down the drain. I can't imagine that whatever the pay-tv channels are paying is making up for the loss of sponsor income...With so many teams having financial difficulties already...

I wonder if this will kill F1 once and for all.

Zozobra

Hey guys,

This will be my second season as an F1 fan, really looking forward to it!

I am in the early stages of planning a trip to Japan for the GP there as a reward for myself because of some difficult stuff I've been going through this year. Does anyone have any guides/tours/general travel info for taking a trip there for this event? I'd plan to go and stay in Tokyo for about 2 weeks with the GP being the main event. Any info is appreciated.

I'd be flying out from Vancouver, BC Canada for what that's worth. Cheers!

Zozobra

Sorry I can't give you any first hand info but this thread might help. It should pick up more as the event gets closer, not sure if that helps if you're looking to book it soon though.

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/groups/g...ng-to-the-2013-japanese-grand-prix-at-suzuka/

Thanks for this, any info is helpful.

Should I be looking to book my tickets through the F1 website, or use a 3rd party? I'm also a little confused as it looks like the tickets for Japan are not on sale yet according to F1.com, but Bookf1.com seems to have them available for purchase.

For anyone who has been there, I was thinking about doing the Q2 grandstands, seems like it might be a good place for action. Thoughts?

Leunam

Kamui Kobayashi has found a home:

Former grand prix driver Kamui Kobayashi has joined Ferrari's factory World Endurance Championship campaign.

The move, predicted in AUTOSPORT magazine last month, means that the former Toyota and Sauber Formula 1 driver will race a Ferrari 458 Italia in the GTE Pro class for the factory AF Corse team.

Kobayashi joins a select band of Ferrari factory GT drivers, which includes Gianmaria Bruni, Giancarolo Fisichella and Toni Vilander.

Kobayashi, 26, said: "It's an honour for me to become part of the Ferrari family. I will work hard and give my all in this new chapter of my career.

"I can't wait to start working with AF Corse and really hope I can aim for the title."

Adamm

1363026296.jpg

This is the photo from my dreams!!!

But Alas, he isn't joining Ferrari F1 :(

Shaneus

They needed to store him somewhere for the year, so he can replace Massa next season.
I wonder if this is actually likely. I have no idea how closely the Ferrari GT team would be associated with their F1 branch, but is it possible they're doing it to keep him on the backburner for a potential comeback as a #2 driver?

Yup. :(

Sort of related, this'll be the first year I don't watch the race live. No Sky access this year and I'm not paying to watch it in SD. Not a chance.
Yeah, it's not looking all that great. I wish BBC had a way to hold onto the whole thing back when Sky put in the successful bid for it. Coverage has been going downhill ever since :/

PS. Guys, I'm going to put in more of an effort this year to get some happy snaps and make them available online as quickly as possible. So while my brother will be bringing his DSLR and there'll be pics from that uploaded eventually, I'll take as many shots with my phone as I can and post them on my Twitter feed for you all to see.

Right here.

I find it very hard to like him. Hell of a racer, but he needs to step away from the Senna bottle unless he plans on dying young.

Shaneus

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2013/mar/11/lewis-hamilton-greatness-f1-museum-jet

He really does seem to have grown into an odious ballbag. He seems to be following in Jenson's footsteps... albeit in reverse.
Maybe it worked out better for McLaren to get rid of Hamilton in that they also lost the self-entitled pretentiousness that went with him. All they need to do now is keep Jenson from whining about the car and they'll have a lineup that's hard to dislike.

Edit:
Mercedes are slowly discovering just what they have taken on. This driver comes with baggage. But it will all be worthwhile if, in the next three years, he delivers the wins and the titles which the team so desperately crave.
Yup.

Caramello

Fantastic OP!!

This'll be the 19th straight Australian F1 GP that I've attended and I can't wait!!

If I have enough 3G bandwidth (last year was terrible) I'll be sure to keep GAF updated from my end of the track.

This year I'm watching from the Moss stand which is at the end I the pit straight. I've picked seats up high so I'll have a view of the first chicane. Basically if Grosjean decides to go kamikaze I'll have a perfect view of the carnage :)

Thursday this year is heritage day with older cars being paraded around and a recreation of the first Formula One GP to be held at Albert Park. It's also free general admission for everybody.

I hardly ever go Thursdays and I only go on Friday when I can (rarely lately) but I'm going every single day this year!

jambo

For all the Aussies out there, ONE HD will have just shy of 29 hours of live high definition coverage this weekend!

Awesome OT btw, can't wait for the season to start.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
I really want to try to watch every F1 race this season. Past two seasons I've caught 1-2 GP's on TV and have always been enthralled by it, but never know what time they are live and such.

Lach

I've created a league.
http://gppredictor.com/league/join/code/21665c091c6d528a30cd654ff50a2035

Or just 21665c091c6d528a30cd654ff50a2035 if you click on join league!

[edit] real name is disabled and won't be shown in the league.
I can give the league manager role to someone else if preferred...Though all the things you can do as manager is
- Close this league to new members?
- Show real names?
- Disable this league?

[edit][edit] I suck at this prediction games...I always go with how I want the race to end not with whats realistic...

Top Bottom