• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013 Season |OT| End of the Webber Era

Joined (VROOMEMA). I quite like the look of how that one works, which will hopefully keep it mixed up throughout the season as opposed to a straight race to be able to afford red bull.

I fucking hate Haymarket's spam policy though.

Dead Man

I really want to try to watch every F1 race this season. Past two seasons I've caught 1-2 GP's on TV and have always been enthralled by it, but never know what time they are live and such.

Where do you live?

I've created a league.
http://gppredictor.com/league/join/code/21665c091c6d528a30cd654ff50a2035

Or just 21665c091c6d528a30cd654ff50a2035 if you click on join league!

[edit] real name is disabled and won't be shown in the league.
I can give the league manager role to someone else if preferred...Though all the things you can do as manager is
- Close this league to new members?
- Show real names?
- Disable this league?

[edit][edit] I suck at this prediction games...I always go with how I want the race to end not with whats realistic...

So if I just join with facebook it won't have my name up there?

...ok, how on earth do you make predictions via a phone? It says specifically in the how-to guide that you can, but I see no way to (I'm on an iPhone)

EDIT: Ahhh, there is a proper mobile version for the selection process after all, it just wasn't loading for me this morning.

Hackbert

mhh friday practice cannot come fast enough. even that will not allow a good prediction.
Hackbert´s Fantasy F1 Racing is me btw.

Shaneus

Fuck yeah, guys... IT'S TIME TO GET ALL PATRIOTIC UP IN THIS BITCH!
(It's not a link to a picture of Webber. Trust me.)

PS. Guys, the weather's looking a little spotty compared to the last week and a bit of 30C+ days...
jX7KJ4m.png

Adamm

I've created a league.
http://gppredictor.com/league/join/code/21665c091c6d528a30cd654ff50a2035

Or just 21665c091c6d528a30cd654ff50a2035 if you click on join league!

[edit] real name is disabled and won't be shown in the league.
I can give the league manager role to someone else if preferred...Though all the things you can do as manager is
- Close this league to new members?
- Show real names?
- Disable this league?

[edit][edit] I suck at this prediction games...I always go with how I want the race to end not with whats realistic...

Signed up! This should be put in OT too

f0rk

Has anyone been to the Hungarian GP? How busy is Budapest during the weekend, is it possible to find a hostel and is getting to the track easy? Also seat recommendations

So apparently Sky will be offering access to the races (In SD via the web) for £9.99 each. Financially this makes far more sense to me than getting Sky or adding Sky Sports to my Virgin package...

...but it's still utterly retarded, and I have to stop myself doing it! Not even once. Stupid F1 addiction.

Dead Man

So apparently Sky will be offering access to the races (In SD via the web) for £9.99 each. Financially this makes far more sense to me than getting Sky or adding Sky Sports to my Virgin package...

...but it's still utterly retarded, and I have to stop myself doing it! Not even once. Stupid F1 addiction.

That's $20 each. Bloody hell.

F1's back! Looking forward yet another year of racing. I've been following this every year since 1996. Will be watching on Sunday, can't wait!

Will be watching the 10 live BBC races, the rest I'll listen to on 5 live.

Dead Man

Yeah, though that's versus £309 a year (or £30.90 per race) to watch the 10 which wont be shown live on the BBC.

So $60 each if you're not interested in watching the premier league or cricket. ;)

Jesus. The home of most of the teams is getting well and truly fucked over. 309 pounds for (I'll be generous) 19 races? That is insane money.

Edit: Even if you do like cricket and football that is inseane money for tv channels.

Zeknurn

Joined the NeoGAF group on GPPredictor as well. It's going to be interesting as I'm pretty bad at predictions.

Does this mean a more traditional fantasy league like http://www.f1manager.info/ is not happening? It's a shame as I really enjoyed last years league.

Couple of questions:

- Does that offer apply to everyone, or just Sky/Virgin subscribers that don't have the F1 channel?

- Does that give you access to just the race, or all of the weekend's coverage?

If it's to everyone and you get all the coverage, it's not that bad of a deal. I doubt that's the case though.

Shaneus

So is that new thing a tipping thing and not a driver/team manager thing?

I like managing teams. It's more fun than tipping :(

Couple of questions:

- Does that offer apply to everyone, or just Sky/Virgin subscribers that don't have the F1 channel?

- Does that give you access to just the race, or all of the weekend's coverage?

If it's to everyone and you get all the coverage, it's not that bad of a deal. I doubt that's the case though.
Details are sketchy right now as it's not officially released yet. But apparently it's the cost to anyone for 24 hours of access to the Sky Sports channels (including F1).

Shaneus

Something definitely Webber related, so due warning provided:
Why Mark Webber's fighting spirit might be enough to tip this year's F1 title battle in his favour

Mind you, that's probably been the heading of an article this time every year for the past few, but at least it's a good article that highlights his battle to get where he is now. Hopefully now he has that pin removed from his ankle, he'll be better. I mean, it's gotta make him lighter, right?

It won't make up for the massive chin, tho.

uY1jdzJ.jpg

So £20 for the weekend? Better to get Sky Sports...

Would still be £20 vs £30. I don't really care about watching qualifying live though so I certainly wouldn't feel the need to pay for the Saturday.

(and of course if you don't have Sky or Virgin at all right now then the cheapest you could actually get it for is £35 a race, increasing to £39 a race after a year)

If I'm honest, despite my dislike of the coverage last year on Sky I would still have probably got it if it was available in HD on Virgin... but paying for SD just feels like I'm being arsefucked.

If I'm honest, despite my dislike of the coverage last year on Sky I would still have probably got it if it was available in HD on Virgin... but paying for SD just feels like I'm being arsefucked.

Indeed. Part of the reason I switched to Sky was for F1 in HD, plus to get away from shitty Virgin. I don't like Sky as a company, but man do they get it right with TV and internet (now that they use Infinity wholesale).

Adamm

Joined the NeoGAF group on GPPredictor as well. It's going to be interesting as I'm pretty bad at predictions.

Does this mean a more traditional fantasy league like http://www.f1manager.info/ is not happening? It's a shame as I really enjoyed last years league.

I'm easy, I'll do whatever everyone else is doing - a decision should have been made before now :(

Damn you F1RM for taking a year break!

Dead Man

I would be a bit worried they haven't updated their page to say 2013. That said, if anyone does ahve another suggestion I'm all for it, we just needed to make a decision and the Predictor thing at least looks like it will be run well.

Yeah, but F1RM seems to have spoiled us a bit, there are not too many other options that have come up in the off season thread really.
It won't make up for the massive chin, tho.

uY1jdzJ.jpg

Hey, quiet you, that chin is his glory.

dubc35

Yep. Executive decision, GP predictor it is, at least for this season. If it sucks it sucks, at least we have something.

Thanks for making a decision. Just signed up, Kobayashi's Potato returns for year 2....although Kobay isn't in F1 anymore :(

Lach

Already 18 people signed up.

I think the bettings system of gppredictor has one big advantage...Everyone has the same conditions of placing his bet before a race (instead of being limited by budget). Having bad luck in a previous race (like your driver being grosjeaned) may throw you back in the season championshop but will not leave you with a smaller budged and fewer possibilities for the next race...

Zeppu

I joined too. I have no idea how it works though.

Oh, this is just a top 10 predictions rather than the previous years.

John_B

I'm in the league.

This weekend is going to be awesome. I hope Mercedes and Lotus will be right there with the top 3 teams. I fear the tyres will play a big role like in the first handful of races last season.

Top Bottom