• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013 Season |OT| End of the Webber Era

Dead Man

WmPJCjz.jpg

Can upload that in a higher res if you guys want :)

Adam%2BSavage.jpg

I'm just jealous.

The Vodafone departure has been on the cards for ages, so that's no surprise. And I guess the yeah, the most likely candidate is Telmex.

Or it could be Coca Cola or some other non-driver specific sponsor. After all, Perez could be fucking rubbs this year.

Lach

Damn it's that time of year again. Having F1 related dreams.

I dreamed that I realized that I had missed qualifying and tried to find a way to watch it without being spoiled beforehand. Btw. the quali results were Hamilton on pole, Rosberg second and Maldonado third....Guiterrez was tenth and I'm pretty sure Kobayashi was around too :(

Addnan

I dreamed that I realized that I had missed qualifying and tried to find a way to watch it without being spoiled beforehand. Btw. the quali results were Hamilton on pole, Rosberg second and Maldonado third....Guiterrez was tenth and I'm pretty sure Kobayashi was around too :(
Oh my god, I just came to this thread to post about the dream I had. Though my dream had Massa crashed on the first corner, with the race continuing :/

Shaneus

It's on, bitches.
hlsWBOm.png

Anyone watching the press conference? Webber really wasn't keen on answering that question about Marko, was he?
What did I miss?

In other news, I don't think the race without Fanvision will be quite as bad as I made out. I've managed to download the BBC iPlayer app for the iPhone (needed to create a UK account) and noticed that the VPN app I have has ~3.6gb quota left and can be UK or US-focused. Tested with another channel/station and it worked fine, so BBC5 should work without a hitch, fingers crossed! Can anyone think of other streams (audio okay, but preferably video) that I could check out? Even if it's Speed or something... it'd be something. Don't care about definition.

Shaneus

Great, thanks. Yeah, I'm in the same boat... it's like pestering a divorcee why their wife left them.

La Barbilla Gloriosa has made it's grand entrance into the world of Chandhok-based F1 tipping. You're welcome.

Edit: Watched that bit with Webber, you're totally right. Figures that the question would come from some guy at a little-known website. Maybe I should've gone there under the guise of GAF1 World News and asked him on behalf of all ~100,000 people why he continues to be so damn awesome. At least that'd be a question he hasn't been asked several times already.

Leunam

I dreamed that I went to a job interview in an F1 car.

Lach

Wo you guys get great quotes...

I have a 10er on Button @6.0 and a 5er each on Webber(14) and Perez(15)...

Scottify

Saw this pretty interesting blurb from Scarbs Twitter this morning.

ScarbsF1 Twitter: More from @RenaultSportF1 if F1 hadn't had the 2006 engine spec freeze "we would have reached over 22k rpm & would have a further 75 hp" !

I, for one, would've loved to hear a V8 turning 22k rpm!

TylerD

I thought I would share a website that I heard about when listening to the Autoblog.com podcast this week. It is a fan run Formula 1 website and they have writers all over the world writing for them. Started up last year and I have enjoyed what I have read on it so far.

If you check our their twitter feed they have a free 180 pg eBook 2012-2013 F1 almanac that I downloaded and is pretty quality. You do have to sign up for a lulu.com account but it was pretty painless.

They are @RichlandF1 on Twitter.

The site is http://richlandf1.com/
--------------

Can't wait to watch some practice this evening when I get off of work.

Aren't Vodafone ending all of their sporting sponsorship? Cricket, F1 and other motorsports have been binned so I doubt they will follow Hamilton to Merc.

wow, they paid McLaren 75m per season?

A red and white Coca-Cola McLaren-Honda needs to be photoshopped.

Addnan

Why do we go from hating drivers to liking them. Did not like Hamilton before, but last season thought he was great and this season I want him to do well. Would never have said that in his first few years. Wonder if I will say that about Vettel soon!

FP1 in just under 8 hours, I think I should start the coffee.

The guy screams respectable middle class but he's trying so desperately trying to be gangsta.

He's from Hertfordshire for fucks sake. :D

He's an attention whore. Just wants to stand out.

He should spend more time learning the sport and networking.

Like Schumacher, one thing Vettel seems to really do well is get ahead of the curve as much as he can by learning the tech, working with Pirelli and just being more involved on the sporting side of things.

Hamilton goes "I'm fast so give me a car that can win." These days when things are tight, gotta try to find an advantage anywhere you can.

Brewer

Neo Member
Gonna be an early saturday morning, planning on getting up at 03:55 to see practice 3 and then the quali at 06:55.

15 on Raikkonen @11.

I wont be watching quali or the race live. First race in a long time that I didn't do the live coverage. :(

Didn't even miss the race on my wedding day.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Good luck. No way I'm going to get up at 4am...I'll have trouble enough getting up at 7

Yeah, me too. I'm getting up every day from Monday to Friday at 5 am and i like to sleep at weekends. Atleast on Saturday :D

Adamm

No way am I getting up early to watch practice. I'll watch highlights/replay.

But I will be getting up early for quali & the race :D

Top Bottom