• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2013 Season |OT| End of the Webber Era

Shaneus

Already 18 people signed up.

I think the bettings system of gppredictor has one big advantage...Everyone has the same conditions of placing his bet before a race (instead of being limited by budget). Having bad luck in a previous race (like your driver being grosjeaned) may throw you back in the season championshop but will not leave you with a smaller budged and fewer possibilities for the next race...
That's what I liked about it, though... even though it was my first year in the league last year, I had far more fun than if I just tipped the same team/driver each weekend (working within a restricted amount of resources). I doubt there'll be anything as glorious as when I happened to have Prupose as my #1 driver when he won last year!

But I'll sign up to this other thingy for sure. Just have to remember to do it before tomorrow!

It also made it's debut on my "games I'm not going to buy" list.
It made it's appearance on my list of the same name around six months ago.

TylerD

Formula 1 you globetrotting, high class, high tech, spectacle of Motorsport!

Welcome back into my life!

Start of 2012 USGP from my seat: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdeuS09-ZSA

How I feel right now:

Et5FGvpl.jpg

If anyone knows where I can catch the NBC Sports preview show I would really like to know.

Salacious Crumb

That OP is way to good for our little community, fantastic work Leunam.

It's scary how fast the off season went this year, I must be getting old.

AcridMeat

Banned
I've miss this, and you guys. I work Sundays now but hopefully will watch on the nights.

Joined that castrol prediction league as well.

mclem

(I just realised that my post on the first page can be easily referred to for any number of appropriate Webber reaction photos. Cool.)

Or, you know, up to twenty-seven.

No FanVision either, which really FUCKING SUCKS. So there's every chance that everyone else in the world will be more up-to-date with what goes on in the race than I will. Fantastic.

That struck me when I was at the Olympics - the worst place in the country to find out what was going on at the Olympics was at the Olympics.

Shaneus

Or, you know, up to twenty-seven.
I didn't count how many there were. You didn't have to, either... but you did ;)

That struck me when I was at the Olympics - the worst place in the country to find out what was going on at the Olympics was at the Olympics.
I have the official F1 app so I'll have that, but I don't think that does anything audio-based at all. But that's basically it.
I'll miss that Fanvision :(

That reminds me! Anyone know if there's a way to get BBC3 or BBC5 (or whatever that broadcast was) streaming to my iPhone or iPad? I haven't checked if there's a live cast or something but if anyone knows *anything*, I'd be eternally grateful. Even if it needs a VPN or something, I don't care. Or if there's a cheeky way to get Sky streamed to an iOS device, I'd love to hear about it!

acm2000

I didn't count how many there were. You didn't have to, either... but you did ;)

I have the official F1 app so I'll have that, but I don't think that does anything audio-based at all. But that's basically it.
I'll miss that Fanvision :(

That reminds me! Anyone know if there's a way to get BBC3 or BBC5 (or whatever that broadcast was) streaming to my iPhone or iPad? I haven't checked if there's a live cast or something but if anyone knows *anything*, I'd be eternally grateful. Even if it needs a VPN or something, I don't care. Or if there's a cheeky way to get Sky streamed to an iOS device, I'd love to hear about it!

tvcatchup app or website

Megasoum

Banned
Ugh the TV situation really sucks here in Quebec. We have the local french but it kinda sucks. The local english sport channel is broadcasting the international feed (so Sky/BBC) which is great but without pre/post race stuff.

I can watch the BBC online with a proxy but not Sky.

In the US the team that used to be on Speed (I've heard they are all right) now moved to NBCSports...which we can't get here... UGH

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh the TV situation really sucks here in Quebec. We have the local french but it kinda sucks. The local english sport channel is broadcasting the international feed (so Sky/BBC) which is great but without pre/post race stuff.

I can watch the BBC online with a proxy but not Sky.

In the US the team that used to be on Speed (I've heard they are all right) now moved to NBCSports...which we can't get here... UGH

I have gotten over the lack of pre-race coverage. I'm just happy we get every race and qualifying in HD on TSN.

Shaneus

tvcatchup app or website
Rad, thanks! Hopefully the mobile towers aren't overloaded come Sat/Sun

Whatever happened to mark Webber's column?
Maybe now he has that heavy weight off his shoulders it'll be a far more even playing field. Don't remember seeing Vettel have to juggle a driving career and media responsibilities!

He's now BBC's #2 F1 columnist.
I laughed.
Then I cried :(

Ps. Who is that a photo of?

FuturusX

Maybe it worked out better for McLaren to get rid of Hamilton in that they also lost the self-entitled pretentiousness that went with him. All they need to do now is keep Jenson from whining about the car and they'll have a lineup that's hard to dislike.

Edit:
Yup.

Your describing a winner....

Maybe it worked out better for McLaren to get rid of Hamilton in that they also lost the self-entitled pretentiousness that went with him. All they need to do now is keep Jenson from whining about the car and they'll have a lineup that's hard to dislike.

Edit:
Yup.

Your describing a loser...

So losing a winner and keeping a loser. Seems like a bad plan to me.

Kidding - I think Jenson is flying under the Radar. The Mclaren could be a very good car this year. Jenson could be in with a good shout.

cmr-94

Kidding - I think Jenson is flying under the Radar. The Mclaren could be a very good car this year. Jenson could be in with a good shout.

Yep, I've put money on Button for the title this year...just got a feeling that the Mclaren is or will be a very good car

Shaneus

Crap, I forgot to put money on anyone this year. Will have to do it tonight before P1 tomorrow.

BTW Saw Grosjean walking around (and bumping into things) earlier, on his way to the autograph signings. Lanky dude.

PS. My view:
TsjIZAt.jpg

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Oh man. I can't believe it's actually happening so soon.
I have finals week next week though, so I'll probably wait to watch everything on Thursday when I'm done with school. So I might not be back in here for another week or so. Haha

Mastah

Adam Cooper ‏@adamcooperf1

Vodafone and McLaren will split at the end of 2013, the team has announced. Telmex anyone?

McLaren adds it will name its 2014 sponsor in "an exciting announcement on 2nd December 2013, following the last GP of the season.”

Top Bottom