• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Freeloader for Wii Thread of Joy, Happiness, Answers, Bloody NMH and BRAWL

later

Nintendo will probably require the update soon when you enter the shop channel as well.. No way around that one.

Wizpig

Hey GAF, just a little news: i bought Brawl and it doesn't have the firmware that fucks-up your freeloader.

In other words i can still play my USA games on my PAL Wii.
That is, until Nintendo decides to put new features that need the new Firmware.

Anonymous-

Neo Member
Tales of Symphonia 2 - Knight of Ratatosk

Works perfectly with Freeloader. Amazing game. Just amazing. Worth buying for all those who are a Tales of fan xd

Ramenman

F#A#Oo said:
When Nintendo release the next-game with an update...how do I stop the Wii from updating itself?

Just by doing what you did the first time you played US Brawl (which required an update), ie by using the Alternate Method (I think it's in my OP, man I haven't seen this thread for ages and I come on GAF on a nearly daily basis, did you guys post a lot of things while I wasn't looking ?).

The Alternate Methods only installs the "parts" of the update the game needs to have installed in order to be played. So if you want to play a PAL game that requires an on-disc update, use your freeloader to install said update.

I don't know how long this will work though, but it's here anyway, and apparently the PAL Brawl isn't the Trojan Horse.

Also a question : Can I still buy WiiWare games while staying in 3.2 (provided I did the "WiiWare" update when asked) ?

farnham

Banned
the shop channel actually has the widest variety of quality downloadable titles

we bitch about the virtual console releases.. but seriously.. does xbox live arcade or PSN get one game every week.. the answer is no.. VC + Wii ware on the other hand

Wizpig

farnham said:
the shop channel actually has the widest variety of quality downloadable titles

we bitch about the virtual console releases.. but seriously.. does xbox live arcade or PSN get one game every week.. the answer is no.. VC + Wii ware on the other hand
Live Arcade, yes.
PSN, god no.

But you are right anyway ;)

Feindflug

Wizpig said:
Hey GAF, just a little news: i bought Brawl and it doesn't have the firmware that fucks-up your freeloader.

In other words i can still play my USA games on my PAL Wii.
That is, until Nintendo decides to put new features that need the new Firmware.

So you got the PAL version of Brawl and the Freeloader still working?

That's great news, I was about to ask this because I wanted to get the game but I still haven't finished NMH (US) and I was worried if Brawl had the No More Freeloader update. :D

Nyanko

Neo Member
Is the US getting the same Freeloader breaking update? I'm in PAL land and have imported but use it for PAL WiiFit.

Top Bottom