The Fruit Thread

Jun 13, 2018
Brazil
Just wanted to check if there's anyone as crazy about fruits as I am. I can't live without them.

I will eat virtually any fruit, no restrictions. My sugar consumption comes mainly from fruits as I'm not that much into candy and chocolate. I even had to tone the comsumption down a while ago to lower the sugar intake.

It did work. Now I eat a healthy amount daily. The good side is that my 4 year old also loves them.

Any other fruit obsessed people here?

May 17, 2018
Now you're talking. Fruit is just one those things it's so readily available it's taken for granted.

There are so many wonderful flavors and everything is good for you. Watermelon, Cherries, Blueberries, Grapes and Pears. Everything is delicious and they all have some kind of positive benefit.

Oct 26, 2018
Not big into eating fruit, mainly because I've never been able to tell when it's ripe to eat. Things like bananas or strawberries or grapes are obvious. You can't fuck those up. But half the time I bite into an apple, nectarine, peach, cut open an orange etc..... it's shitty, not ripe yet, not sweet.

Feb 8, 2018
Juice or smoothy if you wanna play it safe. I used to chuck them all in a blender with orange juice (blueberries, raspberries, banana, apple, carrot) you can even sneak in some veg and seeds. It'll keep you going till lunch and you get your 5 a day and more.

Feb 1, 2017
Eat all of fruit kinds like you, OP.
In my business trip to India discovered papayas and wide variety of Bananas. (unfortunately not mangos, as season was over)
To bad they are hard to get where I live.

May 9, 2016
For at least a decade, with minimal changes, my breakfast each morning consists of the following items:
  • Oatmeal
  • 2-3 eggs
  • Water
  • Coffee
  • A piece of fruit
If I run out of fruit (which rarely but occasionally happens) I am not a happy camper.

My late night snacks usually consist of some combination of grapes, cheese, and triscuits.

Aug 15, 2018
I love eating pineapple, keeps the seed manly.
Wait, pineapples help with fertility? Is that true? If so, does it work with women as well?

Also, while I like pineapple, I find it a bit too acidic at times. Its like it's eating me instead of me eating it. I like it but I probably wouldn't want it in high doses.

As a child, my favorite fruit was cherries. Whenever I had an opportunity to eat cherries I would devour them. I even drank cherry juice as a kid. There was just something great about the mixture of sweetness and tartness in cherries. I rarely eat them today, but they are still in my opinion a fantastic fruit.

Dec 6, 2018
Big fan. Nearly every weekday morning I have a shake with various fruits and/or berries in it. Great way to start the morning. Gives me a little extra boost in the morning vs a heavy meat breakfast and coffee.

Kiwis and pineapples seem to be constants for me. But like you op, I'll try any fruit.

Apr 2, 2013
臺北市, 臺灣
Wait, pineapples help with fertility? Is that true? If so, does it work with women as well?

Also, while I like pineapple, I find it a bit too acidic at times. Its like it's eating me instead of me eating it. I like it but I probably wouldn't want it in high doses.

As a child, my favorite fruit was cherries. Whenever I had an opportunity to eat cherries I would devour them. I even drank cherry juice as a kid. There was just something great about the mixture of sweetness and tartness in cherries. I rarely eat them today, but they are still in my opinion a fantastic fruit.
You need to try fruit produced in South America. Wondrous.

I think for women, pineapple is especially good. For the men, I know it helps with the flavor of the seed, if you know what I mean.

Cherries are the bomb. I think good ones are harder to come across.

May 17, 2018
You need to try fruit produced in South America. Wondrous.

I think for women, pineapple is especially good. For the men, I know it helps with the flavor of the seed, if you know what I mean.

Cherries are the bomb. I think good ones are harder to come across.
I think pineapple really help with energy and metabolism. Little known fact Micheal Jordan use to eat pineapples before games.

Dec 1, 2017
I think pineapple really help with energy and metabolism. Little known fact Micheal Jordan use to eat pineapples before games.
Pineapple also has Bromelain which, for me seems to aid digestion. I tend to throw a little in lunch salad everyday.

Other than that, I am just oranges and granny smith apples.

I can't do too much fruit because of sugars, and when I did eat like bananas or grapes, they would tend to spoil in the fridge before I could finish.

Dec 1, 2017
I'll eat any fruit ...but when it comes to grapes , I can easily polish off a bunch in a day, just walking by them I'll grab like 5 or 6..especially if they are nice and crisp..
I once went to Panama and stupidly ate some grapes I bought off the street, and did not wash them. I got violently sick the whole trip.

You should try slightly freezing grapes, they are nice during the summer. Bananas too. It's like ice cream.