• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Game Awards 2015: 10 world premieres, 10 on-stage awards

Status
Not open for further replies.
t1449192600z4.png

(Including the pre-show. Actual show starts 30 minutes later.)

CAN'T WATCH TGA LIVE? HERE'S A SPOILER FREE THREAD (Thx Volotaire)

The Game Awards 2015 |OT| Keighley's Last Supper (Thx Shinobi602)

Geoff Keighley announced on Twitter that there'll be 10 world premieres during TGA 2015. It doesn't necessarily mean that there will be 10 new game announcements, it should be a mix between new games and new trailers for games already announced, but you already knew that.

jBfO418.png

https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/669292613103587329

From Geoff
Correct -- we aren't saying there will be 10 new game announcements. There certainly are some brand new games being revealed/announced that we won't promote in advance, but we also have some great new looks at upcoming games in the show.
What can we expect? Any guess?

I didn't find any thread discussing this, but lock if old.

Edit: Here's what is confirmed at the moment:
Pre-show
  • Tomb Raider: Baba Yaga
  • Goat Simulator Announcement

During the show
  • Far Cry Primal
  • Quantum Break
  • Mortal Kombat X New DLC Character
  • Special Announcement By Oculus Rift
  • Walking Dead Michonne
  • Rocket League Surprise
  • Shaq Fu

"Announcements" might not count as "World Premiers" though. Other likely possibilities:

Where to watch it : http://thegameawards.com/watch-live/

FelipeMGM

Who woudl be ready to show total new stuff? Maybe Capcom Vancouver since their last game was Dead Rising 3, maybe 4A Games, but I dont know if that is the stage from them.

RulkezX

Mass Effect Gameplay reveal

Ghost Recon Wasteland trailer

Or

Teaser for the new Bioware IP

Trailer for Witcher 3 expansion

DKHF

Zelda Wii U if it's not held back for the NX reveal direct/E3. Maybe Dishonoured 2 since nothing has been shown of it since E3 IIRC. Quantum Break, Tacoma (since it was revealed at TGA last year), Dark Souls 3 and other games confirmed for 2016.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Zelda better be a fucking lock, considering Nintendo didn't even give us a goddamned trailer for E3.

I hope we get another CGI trailer for The Human Element. This time, re-imagined as a roguelike first-person shooter featuring crafting and hordes of zombies.

Yes, I know it is dead.

Lime

Kojima gets off his vacation, announces Mute Slopes with Junji Ito, del Toro, Reedus, and special contributions from Akira Yamaoka and Masahiro Ito.

Majine

Banned
Metal Gear Solid 5 announced, with Kojima on stage:

''Hi, I'm back from Vacation! Thanks for playing MGS Vee! Now here's the real game.''

*Trailer starts playing and it's starring ( Endgame MGSV spoiler -> )
Big Boss

eFKac

Hmm majority of announcements that interst me will most probably happen over at PSX, but maybe there will be some cool indie game premieres.

Not sure about the on-stage awards. The VGA's had a quirk that they wanted to be well represented and legitimized I assume, so awards were thrown around to a lot of different games and studios. "Best game - Skyrim, Best Playstation game - Not Skyrim, but Batman, Best Studio - not Rocksteady or Bethesda but Naughty Dog" and I'm not necessarily a fan of that.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
10 on-stage awards for an event called The Game Awards seems...small. I'm getting flashbacks to Reggie's awkward acceptance of an award while standing in the audience...

RDR

Red Dead Remastered

I really hope R* announce their new game whether it's RDR
Red Dead Rebellion?
or Bully2. They gotta, right? I mean you'd think they have to release a game in their next fiscal year and if that's true, it's time to announce it.

RulkezX

So what studios haven't released anything for the last 2 years at least?

Not sure that's relevant. They called anything we hadn't seen a World Premiere last year, including new trailers.

They don't have to be (and mostly won't be) new games.

RibMan

A few guesses:

Something new from Mafia III
Something new from Southpark: The Fractured but Whole
Something new from Homefront: The Revolution
Something new from Quantum Break
Something new from Street Fighter V

I hope for Zelda Wii U being one of world premiers, although I'm sure Nintendo will probably share some Twilight Princess HD info instead.

Also, IN YOUR FACE HATERS Metroid Prime: Federation Force re-reveal. This is supposed to be Q1 2016 game, after all, and Nintendo had no news on it since the reveal.

FelipeMGM

So what studios haven't released anything for the last 2 years at least?

Capcom Vancouver
4A Games
Warner Montreal
Ken Levine (Irrational is dead but he has a new studio right?)
Thatgamecompany (Maybe PSX even though the game is not exclusive)

Just a few a remember right now

llehuty

Ugh, off-stage awards is an awful idea. This thing needs more focus on the awards, I can't imagine award ceremonies of other media filled with trailers.

I personally that this format was fitted better to when they did it in a studio.

Hoping its games that are yet to be revealed rather than another trailer for Quantum Break or Horizon or something similar. Even though I'm hyped through the roof for both of those games Id rather see something new and different.

Tenebrous

Ugh, off-stage awards is an awful idea. This thing needs more focus on the awards, I can't imagine award ceremonies of other media filled with trailers.

I personally that this format was fitted better to when they did it in a studio.

Agreed. Last years "ceremony" was a bit... Weird. Just a random cut to Geoff talking to Reggie, saying "hey, Nintendo have won platform of the year! Grats!" Tkxbro "Alright now lets go do something else!"

I'd rather just have every award on stage, a bit of music, the lifetime achievement award movie (last years was the highlight of the show), and that's it.

kiguel182

Does anybody take this seriously as a game award show?

It's more marketing ploy to show trailers than anything else. It's pretty obvious when only AAA games are even nominated for GOTY and indies have their own category.

Let's just enjoy the reveals since it's the only worthy thing coming out of stuff like this.

CeeSaw

I really hope R* announce their new game whether it's RDR
Red Dead Rebellion?
or Bully2. They gotta, right? I mean you'd think they have to release a game in their next fiscal year and if that's true, it's time to announce it.

While a new Red Dead would be good, I would love to see a new Bully. Would be interesting to see where Rockstar would take the series with all their new tech.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom