• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Game Awards 2020 | Let's vote !

I'll post my votes for the categories most of us care tho I voted in every one:

GOTY - Doom Eternal
Game Direction - GoTs
Narrative - Hades
Art - Ori
Score and music - Ori
Audio design - Doom Eternal
Performance - Ashley
Indie - Hades
Action - Doom Eternal
Action/Adventure - Ori
RPG- P5R
Sim/Strategy - Desperados 3
MP - Warzone
Content creator - Tim because fuck Nick :)) but lets be real Doc > all

Doom needs some love and I'd be shocked if it wins. We all know tlou2 is going to win because look at the jury lmao. They'll give Doom Eternal a pity win in either action or audio/sound.

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
How is Call of Duty Warzone and Modern Warefare there instead of Black Ops Cold War?
How is Persona 5 Royal not on there?

I hate all the woke sjw bs as much as anyone but TLOU2 was a great fucking game. I read all the crazy spoilers and decided I'd play just to laugh at how ridiculous it all was. I ended up really enjoying the game. Way more fun to play than the original and it delivered some really memorable moments.

Pantz

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order got screwed. It came out too late to make last years show and they won't allow it for this year's either.

Ixion

FF7Remake and Doom Eternal are my two favorite games of the year, with FF7 being my #1 if I had to pick one (although I've yet to play Ghost of Tsushima, which is next on my list). Both are just joys to play with top-notch combat and music, and striking worlds.

Both games have their flaws, no doubt, but it's more important for me that a game reaches tall heights instead of just being consistently solid. There are so many sections throughout FF7Remake that just click perfectly and leave me in wonder, while Doom Eternal is just an absolute adrenaline rush like no other once you've figured out the combat.

So I would pick FF7R in every category it's in, and then Doom Eternal for the two categories without it (which would be Best Audio and Best Action). The rest I don't care about.

Jadsey

As much as I truly loved Ghost and what it represents for Sony, I'd have to give GotY to Hades....that game is truly phenomenal.

Really hope it gets a release on PS5...I wan't to platinum that bad boy.

ikbalCO

here is my list:

Goty: TLOU PART II
fantastic game. there were some pacing issues in the middle but other than that i really enjoyed everything about the game. i know i'm in the minority here with what i'm about say buy i love, love love love abby as a character. imo the part where you play as her and her journey through out the game is much more meaningful and coherent than ellie's.
Game direction: TLOU PART II
i loved the reset and i hate the reset. i believe that was the intend. they were planing on making us hate abby and than forcing us to play as her. double narrative is always a tricky thing and i think neil and his tem not only pulled it off, but pretty much raise the bar.
Narrative: TLOU PART II
yes i know, at this point it seems like i only played tlou part ii this whole year but no, i pretty much played most of the nominees. revenge stories are common nowadays. there are bunch of them and most them are quite good. so in order to make an impact, naughty dog had to approach this from a different angle. and boy they did. i don't wanna spoil anything but the game really made you feel the shallowness of vengence since revenge in its core is a half baked notion because you punish the wrong doer but you don't get back what you lose. this is a hard idea to pass on, then again they pulled it off.
art direction: GHOST OF TSUSHİMA
great game and one of the best new ip's of the generation. even japanese developers admire and envy what sucker punch accomplished with ghost and how they captured the era. the game has a kurosawa mode for god's sake. that alone has to bring this award to home.
score and music: TLOU PART II
Can't believe gustavo santolalla has not only reached but exceeded what he created for the first game. after 5 months i still listen "it can't last (home)" when i'm working, writin etc.
performance: ASHLEY JOHNSON
rewatch or play the infamous scene in the basement. watch ashley johnson. listen to her. her performance ignites this game, carries this game. simply fenomenal.
ongoing: WARZONE
god, mentally i and my friends wouldn't be able to survive the lockdown, esspecially during last spring, without this game. in three months we put like 500+ hours in. we played the hell out of this game. both battleroyal and plunder modes.
rpg: FINAL FANTASY 7R
this is not my pick but my guess. i played this game for 10 hours then traded in. pretty graphics, fun combat ruined by awkward performances, boring level design and pointless character developments. yeah, this hasn't been a good year for rpgs.

this are my picks. hope it wasn't too long.

Evilms

Banned
1600892183-1600890304-20200923-214407.jpg

Top Bottom