• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Game Awards flash sale live on NA PSN 12/1-12/3

Demoskinos

Meh, nothing here worth my time right now. Dishonored is slightly tempting but way too much on my plate already.

Isn't Firewatch a couple bucks cheaper on the XBL version of this sale? Does anyone know if the performance differs greatly between the two versions?

I need to play INSIDE, and would like to play Firewatch, but I've got such a backlog. Will probably just go with INSIDE, but we'll see how I'm feeling.

Kaiken

Banned
For the puzzle people that said The Witness was too steep in price. Do yourself a favor now! I wish I can erase my brain and play through it again.

Did you like Journey? It's a lot like that.

That said, I really enjoyed the two hours or so it took to get through it. It's gorgeous, and Austin Wintory's OST is brilliant.

I loved Journey, so thats a high bar. Does it actually meet it?

Isn't Firewatch a couple bucks cheaper on the XBL version of this sale? Does anyone know if the performance differs greatly between the two versions?

Edit: Wrong game! Oops!

Interested in Inside, Firewatch and The Witness, but my black Friday backlog looms large. Will wait for further reductions in price.

robotrock

Banned
I loved Journey, so thats a high bar. Does it actually meet it?

I don't think it's as cool as Journey is. Journey had that whole seamless online multiplayer thing. This doesn't have anything like that.

It's still great. Absolutely worth playing if you loved Journey.

Someone wants to recommend me Oxenfree? Does it have good plot twist, if so I'm down.
I'm already getting Inside and Firewatch.

is the witness purely a puzzle game or is there some kind of narrative that push you to keep playing?

if I never end up beating Talos Principle, would I like this game? I do enjoy Talos Principle, but the narrative in that game is so vague and abstract, it didn't really motivate me to keep playing the game to the end. maybe I'll beat it sometime, but it's not a priority in my backlog and I fear Witness will be the same.

Toki767

This sale only goes until Saturday morning...right before PSX kicks off. So I'd say prepare for another sale then.

is the witness purely a puzzle game or is there some kind of narrative that push you to keep playing?

if I never end up beating Talos Principle, would I like this game? I do enjoy Talos Principle, but the narrative in that game is so vague and abstract, it didn't really motivate me to keep playing the game to the end. maybe I'll beat it sometime, but it's not a priority in my backlog and I fear Witness will be the same.

I'm probably about halfway through the Witness, and all I do is look for the next puzzle. I haven't played it in a while now, It has some story elements that you pretty much discover along your puzzle journey, but nothing so far that has been memorable for me. Honestly, being a couple of months away from playing it (I will dive back in now with a PS4Pro), I dont remember a single thing about it story wise. I would say, so far in my experience, the Witness is pretty abstract as well when it comes to story.

Weebos

Banned
Probably in for Firewatch and Inside, both are still a little more than I'd like, but I want to check them out before the GOTY discussions begin in earnest.

I wonder if Sony has additional plans for Uncharted 4 and that is why it hasn't been on sale. Its odd seeing it be neglected from all these deals, even the game awards one, were UC4 is a mainstay.

Oh I loved Talos Principle. But the witness has superior polish. I loved the story in talos, especially just reading the logs

Witness has no story. At all. But it doesn't need one. The enjoyment is figuring out the puzzles. They aren't obvious like talos principle but they are learned. If u like puzzle games, u have no excuse not to buy the witness

I will say, I really enjoyed exploring in the witness. I loved the different areas and finding secrets and optical illusions/perspective images. This is its strength and it stays with you

There are video files you find but they are actually not related to the game. More philosophical (some say pretentious)

Firewatch is $2 cheaper on Xbox during their sale...guess I'm going there.

Nothing for this sale! But that's okay, I have PLENTY from Black Friday :)

Thumper and Inside are high on my list. But the Canadian discount sucks.

Do u guys think they will go on sale/for cheaper soon enough?

robotrock

Banned
Just noticed Thumper is $16 too. Another gem.

Also, iam8bit seems to think they'll be able to ship the Rez physical copies out on Monday.

LordofPwn

yes i knew to wait. Inside, Oxenfree, and Hyperlight Drifter will be mine! just got a Best buy rewards certificate too. PSN card here i come

antibolo

Banned
Ugh, sales that are less than 33% off in Canada are really not sales at all, since the resulting price is still higher than the true regular price...

Top Bottom