• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Godfather: The Don's Edition screens (PS3) (wow)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
the-godfather-the-dons-edition-20070118043612008.jpg

the-godfather-the-dons-edition-20070118043612930.jpg

the-godfather-the-dons-edition-20070118043613758.jpg

the-godfather-the-dons-edition-20070118043614618.jpg

the-godfather-the-dons-edition-20070118043615461.jpg

the-godfather-the-dons-edition-20070118043616352.jpg

OatmealMu

Nash said:
Damn it.

No missing wheels or feet in floors that I can see. This thread fails to deliver :(

We still haven't seen any cars yet! There's still hope! Unless EA figured out how to make polygons round. :(

Mrbob

madmook said:
Lighting? :(

I dunno what is with EA games, PS3, and lighting.

Fight Night Round 3 had the same problem versus the X360 version. Lack of lighting.

On the Spot said the X360 version of NBA Street looks better than the PS3 due to better lighting.

And now this.

ssoass

Meh, nothing funny about it, looks substantially better than my PS2 version. (which is a great game)
I don't know what you're expecting from a game (port) like this if you're disappointed.

Leonsito

Looking at the first pics I remembered the mission in Mafia (PC) where you escape through the roofs, that game is beautiful...

Jammy

Banned
Rotanibor Eht said:
The Wii version looks better.

I know you were joking, but the difference oddly enough isn't that large between the Wii and PS3 versions.

This is just one example of a multiplatform game being better on Wii (but still not necessarily worthy of a purchase). Those controls looked tight.

Leonsito

Spastic Colon said:
Don't panic! It's only using 10% of the PS3's power!

I can confirm that this is the first game to use only the EE+GS of the PS3, Cell is not used for the game, it only manages the EA Trax.

jarosh said:
can you shoot the ham and are there blood splatters when you shoot it

Particle effects (ham blood) to be added later as an EA Microtransaction exclusive to Playstation Network Platform one week after launch.

Mrbob said:
I dunno what is with EA games, PS3, and lighting.

Fight Night Round 3 had the same problem versus the X360 version. Lack of lighting.

On the Spot said the X360 version of NBA Street looks better than the PS3 due to better lighting.

And now this.
From what I've played and heard the lighting is much better in the PS3 version.

Anyway $600

how much did it cost EA to produce Godfather anyway? it smells like one of the most expensive games of 2006 due to all the over-priced voice actors and ect...

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Doom_Bringer said:
game is very good!

Doom is right guys.

The game doesn't look very pretty. The draw distance sucks (people and cars will pop in right beside you at times). The cars handle poorly and sound brutal. But, the is surprisingly fun. The business take-overs and rackets are awesome. The story is cool. It's just a good game.
I really can't explain it well enough. It's just that each individual aspect of the game makeup is very poorly done, but the end result is so much better than the sum of it's parts.

Honest.

Truelize said:
Doom is right guys.

The game doesn't look very pretty. The draw distance sucks (people and cars will pop in right beside you at times). The cars handle poorly and sound brutal. But, the is surprisingly fun. The business take-overs and rackets are awesome. The story is cool. It's just a good game.
I really can't explain it well enough. It's just that each individual aspect of the game makeup is very poorly done, but the end result is so much better than the sum of it's parts.

Honest.

While this is true it's nowhere close to being worth 60 bucks. 30 bucks at most.

Top Bottom