• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Godfather: The Don's Edition screens (PS3) (wow)

The game is mediocre. Classic book? Yes. Classic movie trilogy? Yes. Classic game? No. Some movies/books shouldn't be games, and that includes Godfather. It ain't horrible, but it isn't well suited to a game world.

the godfather was one of those jokes that you didn't think would remain funny for very long at all, but it did, and just when you thought it stopped being funny, it made you laugh again.

this thread has shown that whatever EA may be doing that impresses me on the Wii in terms of the effort they seem to be using on those games, that they haven't changed that much at all overall.

good old EA.

Mmmkay

GameSpot has some screenshots of their own:

http://uk.gamespot.com/ps3/action/thegodfather/index.html
937717_20070118_screen001.jpg

937717_20070118_screen002.jpg

937717_20070118_screen003.jpg

937717_20070118_screen004.jpg

937717_20070118_screen005.jpg

937717_20070118_screen006.jpg

3rdman

You know that song..."Fergilicious?...Well sing that sing in your head but say "Assilicious" instead and that is whats in my head right now. Great job EA!

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I think I heard a pop around my temple after seeing these screens.

D-X

I picked up the Xbox version cos it was £5 but it gets old FAST

Instruction - drive to other side of town - kill - drive to other side of town

Made worse by the fact the driving handles like a dog. The only small pleasure I gain is from picking up one of the faster cars and going over one of the ramps landing on another car and admiring the fact the cars never tip over.

Ranger X

Seriously guys!!
Did you really expect the PS3 version to NOT BE an upgraded last-gen game like the 360 version?
What crack are you smoking really?

Agent X

Wow is right.

I appreciate the fact that the developers are trying to integrate some motion controls into the PS3 game, but holy cow they need to spruce up the graphics bigtime. Primal on PS2 looked better, and that came out 4 years ago.

I could maybe understand if this was budgetware from some starving developer working out of a garage, but this is EA we're talking about here, with a rather high-profile license on top of it all. They really need to get with the program if they think PS3 owners are going to be satisfied with these visuals.

Guys, wow. These graphics are so amazing. The draw distance and scope just looks awesome. Look at all the detail on the textures.

By the way, I was watching the news last night. What, exactly, is a hanging chad? I thought Gore won the popular vote and now this hanging chad nonsense could bring the Supreme Court into this? Seriously, **** the electoral college.

corpa

Sony didn´t create PS3 for this kind of shit!!! Like Ubisoft with wii´s farcry and others, we have to stay together against this "low-cost" ports and don´t buy them ^^

Strike

Aristotlekh said:
Guys, wow. These graphics are so amazing. The draw distance and scope just looks awesome. Look at all the detail on the textures.

By the way, I was watching the news last night. What, exactly, is a hanging chad? I thought Gore won the popular vote and now this hanging chad nonsense could bring the Supreme Court into this? Seriously, **** the electoral college.

cona011.jpg

In the year 2000!

ram

Mrbob said:
I dunno what is with EA games, PS3, and lighting.

Fight Night Round 3 had the same problem versus the X360 version. Lack of lighting.

On the Spot said the X360 version of NBA Street looks better than the PS3 due to better lighting.

And now this.

what? the xbox360 version of the godfather had also no lightning.

f@luS

More than a member.
Mrbob said:
I dunno what is with EA games, PS3, and lighting.

Fight Night Round 3 had the same problem versus the X360 version. Lack of lighting.

On the Spot said the X360 version of NBA Street looks better than the PS3 due to better lighting.

And now this.
thats weird coz if there is one thing right now ps3 is doing much better , its lightening (GTHD , F1 , and many others)

It's amazing to see what can be done with a console's graphical capabilities at the end of a life cycle, I remember when PS2 games looked like...

Oh, hang on...

No.

God no.

syllogism

Wow, it looks like the other "next-gen" version. How many times are we supposed to act surprised by Godfather's graphics?

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
937717_20070118_screen005.jpg

That looks like a bag of burning shit, dropped on the street >_<.

Christ, when will we move beyond stuff like this on the PS3 and 360? This year I hope.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
mmlemay said:
The graphics aren't great but The Godfather is an oddly compelling game that kept me entertained for 40+ hours on the 360.

Exactly.

It's too bad really that everyone just looks at screens and screams "downgrade total" and doesn't think to try the game out.
I understand a bit though. Cause the game is ugly. :lol Well the explosions look amazing. And The Don looks good (all the main character models are nice) and the voice acting is great too.

It's just an ugly ugly game. I guess that's what happens when you port a PS2 game to 360 and PS3.

But if people can't get over it and give it a rent and see for themselves then you deserve to miss a decent game.

kevm3

I never expected this game to look any good. EA going above their duty to deliver a superior product? Come on now...

But what is interesting is how much better Sony's first party titles look than the rest of the games on the PS3. It's a really big difference. Sony needs to start sharing some of that with some of these third party guys so they can get their PS3 versions looking a little sharper.

Top Bottom