• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Good Life from SWERY (D4, Deadly Premonition) Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teppic

Hey everyone! Happy to see that you're all so excited about The Good Life! The campaign does not open to the public for a couple of weeks, but here are some single use codes to access the campaign now - please make sure to mark them as used if you redeem one.

giphy.webp
Took 33. Someone please edit it as redeemed.

theheels

Neo Member
Loved Deadly Premonition and D4, so I'm totally in for this. Shame that this likely means D4 is dead, but hopefully this means SWERY can make the game he wants to make without budget issues/outside meddling.

I prefer backing things for physical stuff, too. I can understand why they don't have any physical tiers, but I'm slightly disappointed as well.

Let us know what you have in mind - we're open to feedback :)

Tomtis

Hell yeah! Will pledge this without a doubt, Deadly Premonition is one of my favourite game ever.

Kinda disappointed that there is no physical rewards at all tough, i don't really care for digital content. And it would be fun to add something to my Deadly Premonition merch collection. I would pay greatly.

However, will do the 69 dollar tier. I guess it is possible to upgrade to greater tiers after if you want? Just like at Kickstarter?

Gbraga

Are the low poly screenshots on the campaign page like just early ideas or is that the artstyle?

I think both? It says Super Ultra Temporary Version on the screenshots, but the campaign page does mention low poly models. So it'll be a better version of that same idea, I'm assuming.

Let us know what you have in mind - we're open to feedback :)
I'm a sucker for physical soundtracks. T-shirts are nice too, but a boxed copy of the game and a soundtrack are really all I look for. Anything more than that is a nice bonus.

I generally go for whatever tier has a physical soundtrack and boxed copy, with digital codes. I prefer to keep my physical stuff sealed for a while, so the digital codes are nice for that reason.

BTA

I'm a sucker for physical soundtracks. T-shirts are nice too, but a boxed copy of the game and a soundtrack are really all I look for. Anything more than that is a nice bonus.

I generally go for whatever tier has a physical soundtrack and boxed copy, with digital codes. I prefer to keep my physical stuff sealed for a while, so the digital codes are nice for that reason.

Similarly, I'd pay more for a physical soundtrack (though honestly I'd say it'd make more sense to have a middle tier have the digital, given that the soundtrack probably wouldn't cost too much on Steam for example, and $69-ish be physical, but maybe it's too late for that).

I wouldn't pay for a physical copy of the game itself unless it was for console, I guess. Which is maybe hypocritical given that I prefer to buy + rip CDs. I dunno.

My suggestion beyond that would be stick the digital dinner with Swery and outfits and such that are essentially backer bonuses down to the $69 tier at highest, if not just for buying it at all. The "named after you" tiers are good but way too expensive; move the sheep down a bit at least. This is probably too short notice for too many physical goods, but maybe give $129 a shirt along with the physical soundtrack. Postcards from the town could also be a good simple physical bonus for a higher than just the game but not too expensive tier.

EDIT: In general, I'd add that it's a lot easier to get people tempted by expensive but exclusive bonuses (that probably don't merit the price, but they're exclusive!) if they're physical.

NewDust

Dammit, none of the codes I've tried are working for me...

Yup seems they are all redeemed. So probably no way to get the early bird tiers... Perhaps someone can shoot me a PM with the tier rewards?

damn... got in, only to learn that I am locked to debit or credit card, which I don't have. Sorry for blowing a spot.

The Wart

I love how they don't mention that everyone turns into cats until like 3 pages down, nor the murder mystery until even later. Totally incidental details!

yoshiunity

yF6ldZo.gif

Hello fellow cat enthusiast who are hype for this game! I'm too am a fellow cat enthusiast who love this game! I love cats. Especially how the ba-- I mean, meow.

Anyway, this game had me at Swery, so I'm in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom