• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Gundam |OT2| Another 5 years of Gunpla, Origins, and GUNDAMUUUU!

I just want them to address how they went from needing wheels to move because their bipedal technology was that bad, to effing hard light construct wings for flight and energy weapons in the year? gap between seasons. I'm pretty ok with all the bs anime science but this one gets me riled up.

Turn A Gundam 48
C54VtimXEAQFYxl.jpg:small

Too little too late. The writer finally realized what I wanted but its much too late since the next episode is like the end. The whole part with the bioremediation machines and huge destruction was really intense and always what I like when the stories have these huge implications on lots of lives, not just the centrailized Dianna Counter v Dianna plot the anime was so focused on for much of its run. Its kind of sad that the biggest moment apart from that is a ship colliding into each other, it just looked so lame compared to Seed and IBO.

Via Nozomi Entertainment's Facebook:

We're happy to announce that Gundam Wing is coming to Blu-ray and DVD late this year! The release will include new interviews where the cast and creators will answer questions collected from fans all over the world! Interviews will be conducted with:
Hikaru Midorikawa (VA for Heero Yuy)
Masashi Ikeda (Director)
Katsuyuki Sumisawa (Writer)
Shuko Murase (Character Designer)
Hideyuki Tomioka (Sunrise Producer)

Fans have from now until 3/16/17 to submit their questions through our online form here https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/GundamWing
(Please understand that not all submissions may be used.)

Well, guess I'll pick this up around the time the first set comes out:

That reminds me, I still need to get Tallgeese, Sandrock EW and Shenlong EW.

yeah, that tool set is handy, i still use it even w the recent nippers purchased.
Still need to figure out my next kits...I need to do HG Revive black MkII honestly. Might get Sandrock EW, need to get a good Altron and Shenlong kit as well. Would love to do Nu ver Ka, but that seems too advanced for me. No MG Byarlant so fuck off with that shit Bandai.

Beth Cyra

Woo boxarts

And here's the image used in RightStuf's announcement of the Wing BDs. Makes for a nice phone wallpaper, perhaps.
Holy shit.

lol I'll never get over how bad the proportions Wing TV had. So goofy looking.

That said I would kill for them to get the cast to dub Frozen Teardrop Part 1.

NEO0MJ

Still need to figure out my next kits...I need to do HG Revive black MkII honestly. Might get Sandrock EW, need to get a good Altron and Shenlong kit as well. Would love to do Nu ver Ka, but that seems too advanced for me. No MG Byarlant so fuck off with that shit Bandai.

Wish you could have caught the MG Altron, no way to get it at a reasonable price now.

Despite its cool appearance in Unicorn Byarlant is unfortunately not a popular enough Mobile Suit to get the MG treatment. Maybe in the RE line.

Wish you could have caught the MG Altron, no way to get it at a reasonable price now.

Despite its cool appearance in Unicorn Byarlant is unfortunately not a popular enough Mobile Suit to get the MG treatment. Maybe in the RE line.
I still have no fucking idea why MG Altron was a motherfucking P Bandai exclusive. That's my favorite fucking Wing suit and Bandai's like. "Hey here's this bad ass MG Altron. You like it doncha, well fuck you we'll make ten of these god damn things."

Beth Cyra

I still have no fucking idea why MG Altron was a motherfucking P Bandai exclusive. That's my favorite fucking Wing suit and Bandai's like. "Hey here's this bad ass MG Altron. You like it doncha, well fuck you we'll make ten of these god damn things."
There was hope at the time that they would release the upgraded Altron Glory but the moment Heavy Arms EW became P Bandai I gave up hope.

It's amazing Early types got full release but the more well known became the exclusives.

Then again Banshee Norn was some how a fucking Exclusive.

There was hope at the time that they would release the upgraded Altron Glory but the moment Heavy Arms EW became P Bandai I gave up hope.

It's amazing Early types got full release but the more well known became the exclusives.

Then again Banshee Norn was some how a fucking Exclusive.
A part of me is convinced Bandai doesn't like the old school fanbase that much and just releases Seed stuff to pander to everybody else...and 2000 fucking Exia versions. I want an MG Asshimar FFS!!!! Or a Baun Doc or a Gaplant.

Beth Cyra

A part of me is convinced Bandai doesn't like the old school fanbase that much and just releases Seed stuff to pander to everybody else...and 2000 fucking Exia versions. I want an MG Asshimar FFS!!!! Or a Baun Doc or a Gaplant.
Lol.

Really though I don't blame them for going with money makers.

Though the choices they make are certainly odd at times even taking the JPN audience as primary.

Still one day I pray for a Snow White and Epyon White.

Lol.

Really though I don't blame them for going with money makers.

Though the choices they make are certainly odd at times even taking the JPN audience as primary.

Still one day I pray for a Snow White and Epyon White.
Though I wouldn't mind the version 2 of the Freedom or Justice, but man. I love the old school ones. They still need to make a non fucked up Zeta Gundam.

Zeta 2.0 is nearly perfect with a base so really I'm cool with Zeta.

I agree many others need help.
Well, I need to pick that up at some point. Might pick up the tool kit when I get paid again I guess and...well something, has to be something I like though. I'm probably too suit pick compared to everybody else on here.

NEO0MJ

Yeah, it's so confusing why those two were P Bandai exclusive. It's almost tempting to go like those folks who say Nintendo self sabotage themselves because reasons.

Beth Cyra

Well, I need to pick that up at some point. Might pick up the tool kit when I get paid again I guess and...well something, has to be something I like though. I'm probably too suit pick compared to everybody else on here.

Jaded you aren't that Suit picky my friend.

After all Im the chick who shits all over Wing Gundam Zero Glory because it changed the forehead lens color and the color of the suits hands.

Is MG Zeta 2.0 less of a hand grenade than the RG? The store I've been getting my Gunpla from recently had it, was thinking of getting it if the Full Armor Gundam isn't there when I go back.

Beth Cyra

True, I don't think I'm anal enough to even care about stuff like that.

LOL as most would not.

I hate it when something like a lead Gundam loses things that make it unique.

Like when Hi Nu got rid of the Asymmetrical design of Nu or if they made RX-78-2's Eyes Green instead of yellow.

Little touches are important to making things their own so they drive me nuts lol.

Is MG Zeta 2.0 less of a hand grenade than the RG? The store I've been getting my Gunpla from recently had it, was thinking of getting it if the Full Armor Gundam isn't there when I go back.

2.0 is FAR, FAR better then the RG. It is strong, holds together well and looks exactly like the art.

it does have issues with its ankles and it really can't stand and the transformation can be cumbersome.

Still where as the RG is a Tech marvel, its still only a 4/5-10 for a Model.

The 2.0 is still a solid 8.5 after all these years plus it comes with a base.

This annoys me more since I live in Japan and got way too confident about being able to get it a few weeks after release. NOPE. They need a third stock of this bad cause i'm dying here looking at the $300 price tags on this thing.

Every time I go to a smaller scale hobby shop I'm hoping I see this thing on a shelf. Oddly enough some other P-Bandai stuff is easy to find in used/resell shops.

Also in Super Gundam Royale (gatcha game) EW versions of the Wing series are out this week. Got Zero and Altron so I'm happy lol. Looks awesome seeing a chibi Altron.

Beth Cyra

This annoys me more since I live in Japan and got way too confident about being able to get it a few weeks after release. NOPE. They need a third stock of this bad cause i'm dying here looking at the $300 price tags on this thing.

Every time I go to a smaller scale hobby shop I'm hoping I see this thing on a shelf. Oddly enough some other P-Bandai stuff is easy to find in used/resell shops.

Also in Super Gundam Royale (gatcha game) EW versions of the Wing series are out this week. Got Zero and Altron so I'm happy lol. Looks awesome seeing a chibi Altron.
Altron seemed like it was easily the best performing EW suit from the outside followed by HA, TG III, and then lastly TG2.

I already bought the special box sets from Japan so I could get the special Katoki boxes......yeah I'm a big enough fan girl I spent several hundred dollars for a Ver Ka box lol.

preordering ASAP

I needs it. I have the original DVD's before they allowed for chapter skip and they still have whatever toy commercials they had during the time on them. It's quite annoying.

wow! i guess there's a lot of interest. i even saw a seperate thread for it today.

Beth Cyra

wow! i guess there's a lot of interest. i even saw a seperate thread for it today.

Wing maybe old and some have turned on it over the years but given what happened with Toonami blowing up when it reshaped Wing and the amount of Fan Art, Fan Fiction, and Cos Play you see happening at events even in 2016.2017 it won't shock me if this thing easily out performs all other Blu Ray sets in NA.

so, who's planning on buying the wing blu rays?

Definitely. And I'm hoping to sell my DVDs to pay for it plus some. There is still a pretty robust market for anime DVDs, so the strategy hasn't failed me so far in upgrading my other Gundam and anime series to Blu. Although I probably still come out behind because I overpaid a bit because I bought the DVDs when they were already out of print, so I didn't get them super cheaply.

Pretty incredible run by Rightstuf. My only complaint is the lack of premium sets, with art boxes and such. But the consolidation of shelf space from in many cases 10 or so DVDs to two blu ray cases is nice. Plus the new releases. Still excited to watch ZZ and Turn A with a professional sub.

Top Bottom