• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The head of Playstation studios uses his PS5 upside down

tenor.gif

SkylineRKR

This was the first time I actually read the instructions of a new system. It takes some time even using it horizontal, as you still need the stand and turning it upside down is a thing I would also do, there is no clear definition. Esp. with the DE but also with the Disc edition because it goes against nature to have it upside down.

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

After two minutes searching, looking at the manual, shitting on Sony, I had to watch a Youtube video to find out where the screw for the base was.

Yeah, this was vague in the manual. I eventually found you could rotate the stand as I saw a pic of the screw being stored into it.

Last edited:
After two minutes searching, looking at the manual, shitting on Sony, I had to watch a Youtube video to find out where the screw for the base was.

Screw is really easy to find, so I would not blame Sony for this.

At least for person whom can use their logical thinking to "debug" the stand as in "hmm, where would they place it, hmm there is this hatch looking thing on the bottom, hmm it cant be opened so it must be rotational thing -> find a way to rotate it" and it takes maybe 10-20s to find the answer.

It is kind of sad that modern people are so spoiled that they cant do even the basic stuff without having to find some guide. I mean, do some brainwork before giving up. And PS5 stand should be kind of obvious

Good example is now at winter when it is dark (and car headlights are mandatory to have on always) is when about 20-30% of morons drive on the city area with long distance lights on(illegal + unsafe), because they are too stupid or ignorant to know how their car works. Some use the automated mode whichs is also not right answer in the city as it turns long lights on unless someone is really close to them.

Why this dude uses it upside down is a mystery, maybe he didnt care or whatever, but at least it shows that it works on both sides

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Even Sony employees are confused about how to set up the PlayStation 5.

Last edited:
See, this is why I don't bother with console gaming and stick to PC. Who wants to waste time trying to keep track of which side of the console is supposed to face up? Just seems like a lot of extra work to me. PC is just way more simple in this regard.

Even people who work for the company aren't sure how to lay this beast :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Edit: Yo, that cat is about to fuck up his setup!

Last edited:
dont blame him. The PS5 design is bass ackwards. The way he has it in the pic is how anyone would logically assume u place it.

My first experience with my PS5 was putting the Demons Souls disc in, backwards

Top Bottom