• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The head of Playstation studios uses his PS5 upside down

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I actually had to do this with my Wii U or it wouldn't read discs properly.

The design doesn’t tell you which side is up .. bad design language imo , but my opinion is that Sony did really bad anyway with this design.
Every PS console has the PS symbol/logo/name on the top, it's pretty straightforward I have to say. PS5 too, top has the PS symbol, bottom doesn't.
Also, it has the Sony name in the angle, if you put the console upside down you wouldn't be able to see it. Even the little words on the base like serial number, made in china, or the names/logos over the ports like hdmi, usb, etc would be upside down.
However design should prevent even distracted, poorly informed users. I would still think that you must have something wrong to put a console upside down, but designers should think about everything.

TheMan

My original Playstation would only work upside down, otherwise the disc drive couldn't read discs properly...

yup, upside down with a mini-fan on it.
later I learned you could tighten a screw to change the laser voltage and fix the issue.

Top Bottom