• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Humble Monthly Bundle

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Nah, site says there's still 6 hours left.

Yes I bought it a few hours ago.

And their monthly bundle page still has this large text on it -

Join now to instantly unlock your copy of Legend of Grimrock 2.

Sounds like a mess up on their side.

I think the site has stopped giving keys out, and someone between marketing and the website coding has different ides as to when "before" Nov 6th actually is.

Hope you guys get sorted.

I want to subscribe but I know that If it has Saint's Row IV it's going to be the censored Australian version over here :/

Not cool with that.

jonno394

So what's the penalty for waiting until the games get revealed. Is it just missing out on Grimrock 2?

I don't think that is how it works, you sub prior to the reveal, and you get the games, there is no waiting. If you sub after games announced, you are subbing for the December games and 1 of the November games (I believe)

edit - didn't read the posts about people experiencing issues with paypal...just subbed and now I have the same issue :facepalm:

Gaaraz

So if I subscribed today for this bundle, will I still have the next month to cancel my subscription if I don't want the second months?

Dingotech

For what it's worth I didn't use paypal, I used a credit card I've used previously on the site.

So it seems like a general issue for the site/bundle.

Tak3n

Banned
I have subscribed, it does cause me slight issue though, for example i was going to buy Rocket League to play this weekend, but straight away i am thinking this game is the sort of target HBM will be aiming at...

obviously not in this months, but you never know when it will come

Ludens

Banned
I won't take this one since I only miss Grimrock 2 and Besiege, but I'm interested only in the first one. If the leak is true, the selection is good, Transistor is awesome, Valkyria too, Grimrock 2 probably too.

mclem

I have subscribed, it does cause me slight issue though, for example i was going to buy Rocket League to play this weekend, but straight away i am thinking this game is the sort of target HBM will be aiming at...

obviously not in this months, but you never know when it will come

Similarly for me with Undertale. It's an awkward thing with these indie bundles, when there's so many cheap games around it does make it very easy to wait for a generous deal on the things you really want to play - if I wasn't already drowning in choice of what to play, I'd already have bought it by now.

I do worry about the long-term ramifications of that. Which doesn't specifically pertain to this, except for the fact that it introduces a "Well, I've already paid for some games, so let's hold off and see what they are before making a purchase" factor.

As I mentioned upthread, the way HMB could become really good is by focussing on new titles, premiering in the bundle. At the cost of selling out some initial copies comparatively cheaply, it gives a baseline audience able to offer word of mouth and promotion of the title - and because the bundle's no longer purchasable, new buyers brought in from that promotion might pick it up at the release price.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
edit - didn't read the posts about people experiencing issues with paypal...just subbed and now I have the same issue :facepalm:
Same here. It's been "processing" for a while now, already received the receipt through PayPal though.
Never had any issues with Humble before. Guess there's a first for everything.

I'm going to wait an hour, see if anything changes. If not, it's time to contact customer support.
Sigh. That'll teach me to buy something without reading anything about it on forums first. :p

DontBlink

I also subscribed a couple hours ago and finally got a welcoming email with a LoG link, so it looks like they are catching up to the recent subscribers.

zephry

I've been a humble bundle fan since the beginning. I am willing to take a chance. Hopefully the first month bundle is exceptional.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
It's finally done processing. That's a relief. :)

73V3N

Banned
so what were the games?

q0W2ONo.png

Damaniel

Banned
I already owned Valkyria Chronicles and Saints Row, but the rest of the package is pretty nice for the price - SanctuaryRPG looks like it might be a lot of fun.

I'll probably stick with the monthlies for now - the quality/quantity to price ratio is surprisingly good so far.

What are the games valued at?

Worth the 12$?

About $80 at current Steam prices, but at least a couple of these games have been discounted during previous Steam sales.

Buburibon

Haha, oh well, it's actually worse than I expected. Own it, own it, awful, own it, and so on. Not in any particular order. :p

Now I have to decide whether to cancel the subscription, or play again next month.

I mean, Legend of Grim 2 is supposed to be a grand game and both Besieged and Valk are great games so if you aren't like me and buy every game that comes out it seems like an ok deal.

MUnited83

For you.
Meeeeh. And Saints Row IV doesn't even have DLCs, wth.

If this is what their monthlies gonna be, I will skip them. Would be a pretty nice regular bundle, but at 12$? No thanks.

Haunted

make that into a regular, tiered bundle and you'll get my money

no way I'm paying blind

I mean, Legend of Grim 2 is supposed to be a grand game and both Besieged and Valk are great games so if you aren't like me and buy every game that comes out it seems like an ok deal.
Now that we know the games, that's absolutely a good deal.

NeoRaider

It really is ok for 12$ if you don't have any of the games, like me. It's just that... i am not really interested in any of them. :/ Oh well.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Damnit, I have the headline games, VC and Saints Row 4.

Good for those who don't have it, but going in blind certainly didn't work out for me this time.

NeoRaider

Good for those who don't have it, but going in blind certainly didn't work out for me this time.

That's exactly what bothers me the most, they only reveal one game of the bundle or was it just for this 1st bundle? I think they won't do even that for next bundles?
There are 2 problems here: You are buying blindly, so you don't know what you are buying. And you can already have all/most of the games. But it's gambling.

Top Bottom