• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Humble Monthly Bundle

The_Monk

I think it's a decent bundle considering you get VC, Saints Row IV and Besiege, all games I'm missing. Too bad they don't let people buy the bundle after the reveal because I don't like to gamble or make blind purchases unfortunately. Will see if next month will also be a solid month or if the first bundle was the exception.

Eh, grab bags of indie games isn't too terribly appealing (I already don't like most of the selection I get from PS+ :p), and I've no problem getting the few bundles separately that do appeal to me (like the Capcom bundle, which was fantastic).

EDIT: The selection from this month is actually better than what we typically get on PS+ (Valkyria Chronicles, SR4), but even still it's not too appealing...

It really is ok for 12$ if you don't have any of the games, like me. It's just that... i am not really interested in any of them. :/ Oh well.

Yeah... I have half the titles here and absolutely don't care about the other half. Really glad I didn't jump in, I don't know what I expected to be honest, but it's a perfect example of a mystery box being a gamble.

I'm gonna stick to checking the regular bundles, I guess.

By the way, by canceling and then registering again (unless you just want to cancel) one should get two Towerfall keys, correct?

Nabs

Lethal League is the best game in the world. Be sure you play it, especially if you have friends to play with.

Would have been a good deal if it was a regular bundle as there's plenty of good games there. However given they've mostly been discounted heavily already and I brought quite a few of the titles on release there's no way it's worth it for me so I'm cancelling my sub. Was expecting them to go all out in the first month, but this is pretty lacklustre.

Waste of money for me. The only game I care about is Valkyria Chronicles.

Not happy about SRIV, I don't really like incomplete games.

Code:
[B]GAME    [/B]                 [B]   Lowest recorded price[/B]

Saints Row IV                  $3.99
Besiege                        $4.89
Valkyria Chronicles            $4.99
Lethal league                  $4.75
Sanctuary RPG                  $3.99
Towerfall Ascension            $3.74
Legend of Grimrock 2           $5.99
[B]TOTAL[/B]                          $32.34

Let me know if I made a mistake

hollomat

Banned
I have Valkyria, Besiege and SRIV.

Already played Towerfall on PS4 and thought it was awful.

Played Lethal League on Steam previously and refunded it cause I didn't like it.

Awful month for me. Should've checked out reddit before I signed up.

LQX

Meh, I'm okay in skipping this one and I'm not sure this first bundle helps to sell people on blind buying these the bundles as it is not really a stellar bundle. I expected a better assortment than that to be honest. And they could have at least went with Saints Row IV: Game of the Century Edition.

Also, if anyone missed a game or two from past bundles and are willing to trade Valkyria Chronicles PM me.

Lafazar

Well, I tried it. This would indeed have been a good deal, but I already had most of them and am not much interested in the ones I didn't, so I'm out.

Buying these blind is probably only a good idea for people completely new to PC gaming. And even then it depends on your tastes if you get lucky or not.

low-G

Code:

Personally I own Besiege, VC, Towerfull, Grimlock 2, and don't care for the rest. I didn't bite, knowing this might happen.

But this is a astronomically poor package for pretty much ANYONE. Why? Because who actually cares about ALL those games? Bet there is very few. I mean they cover their bases, but maybe you get $8 value out of $12 of stuff.

Will never subscribe, now that I know it's gonna be like this.

wheapon

Man, I hope the rest of the bundles are as good as this one. No repeats for me and they're all stuff I'm interested in.

jtkauff

Came back from lunch, saw the titles, immediately cancelled my subscription going forward. Was under the impression this wouldn't have items from previous bundles but I guess that's not the case given that SR4 and Sanctuary I already own from previous Humble Bundles. I guess the press text just said "discover games that haven't been featured in other bundles", and didn't say they all would be like that. I just can't justify blind buys where I find out afterwards that I have over half of the titles (already had Towerfall from PSPlus and VC from a Steam sale).

My girlfriend paid for my first month of this. I'm glad I didn't, sheesh. I'll be giving away a couple copies later when I get home.

KingV

I'm one of the people that doesn't own any of the games in this, so its a good bundle for the price, but overall it's sort of underwhelming. All of those games have been available for less than $5 at some point.

I'd you are going to do a blind bundle, you really need to anchor it with a great game that makes the whole package worth it. Like a relatively well regarded AAA game from the last 18 months, or a new indie game that hasn't hit discount territory yet. Something like Invisible Inc or Volume would have been great inclusions to really nail that it's a good deal.

I will probably go one more month, but as soon as I hit a month that I own a few games, I'm done.

Humble has said this model.allows them to get better games, but I'm not seeing it.

Capcom bundle was a better value, IMO.

zulux21

Code:

saints row should be $3.74
sanctuary should be $2.49
the rest is correct as far as I see
so it's $30.49. still not horrible if you care about the games. personally Grimrock has interest for me and Valkyria which makes it worth $11, if i can get some money for the rest it won't be that bad to justify for now.

Salsa

oh man, surprisingly weak, and I forgot to sub at that

all I dont own and want from that is Towerfall

if anyone has an extra copy i'd be thankful, worth mentioning I guess

not a good precedent for next month but we'll see

Lethal League is incredible btw

kswiston

Owning the best games is always going to be a problem if you are part of the 500+ games club on Steam.

Humble Bundle would be better off treating this like Loot Crate, having themed months at $12 each, and offering a discount of $2-3 for people who want to subscribe to longer plans (say 3, or 6 months).

NeoRaider

Came back from lunch, saw the titles, immediately cancelled my subscription going forward. Was under the impression this wouldn't have items from previous bundles but I guess that's not the case given that SR4 and Sanctuary I already own from previous Humble Bundles. I guess the press text just said "discover games that haven't been featured in other bundles", and didn't say they all would be like that. I just can't justify blind buys where I find out afterwards that I have over half of the titles (already had Towerfall from PSPlus and VC from a Steam sale).

Was SR4 featured in previous HB?

Boy, the first month is when you'd blow it out to get people to subscribe, if this is their best shot I bet they get a lot of people canceling after a month or two.

Humble Jumbo Bundle 3

Yup it needs to be incredible the first couple of months at the very least to show its a desirable product, get people on board and bring in top tier indie titles. I cancelled my sub.

Gaaraz

I want Besiege and Shovel Knight.

I'd quite like Saints Row IV and Crypt of the Necrodancer.

I'm indifferent to Legend of Grimrock II, Sunless Sea, Leathal League, Knight Squad, and I already own the others.
2/4. Not terrible but still pretty disappointing :(

I think you have to cancel it a week before the next bundle is due out, which is the first Friday of every month.
Theres info about it here - https://support.humblebundle.com/hc/en-us/articles/210560328#How-do-I-cancel
Thanks for the link. Sorry Humble, but I will be unsubscribing right away, this is too risky, especially for anyone with a decent sized game collection from other bundles.

NeoRaider

Boy, the first month is when you'd blow it out to get people to subscribe, if this is their best shot I bet they get a lot of people canceling after a month or two.

Humble Jumbo Bundle 3

Lol, i remember reading that they won't be giving games that were already featured in previous bundles. Ppl should mail and ask them.

Main problem with these kinds of programs is that unless they're including games on the day of their release, there's a good chance you've already bought the games you really wanted. This goes double for PC where almost every game is heavily discounted on Steam within a year of release.

NeoRaider

Does SR4 SP include all DLCs?

They put base game on sale for 3.75e, and GOTY for 5e on their store, i honestly can't believe they didn't give GOTY version in the bundle and are selling it now -75%.

Dingotech

I guess it's an ok list, none of the surprise games I was expecting though like Crypt of the Necrodancer.

At least my wife has expressed interest in Valkyria Chronicles, which I already have.

topplehat

Decent bundle I guess, I am going to hold out through January and see if the quality falls off the next few months. The biggest downside is already owning some of the games, but in this instance I only owned one.

Main problem with these kinds of programs is that unless they're including games on the day of their release, there's a good chance you've already bought the games you really wanted. This goes double for PC where almost every game is heavily discounted on Steam within a year of release.

That was the problem for me. I'm happy with Besiege and overall it is a solid bundle. But if I wanted a game, I'd already have it.

So subscription cancelled. It was fun, but I'll just buy shit I want on sale.

Vamphuntr

q0W2ONo.png

Ouch. Glad I didn't pay up for this. Already have most of them. I would have thought they would go with a bang for the first one...

Yaranaika

This is pretty sweet.
I've never played any of these games besides VC on PS3.
I regret not subbing. Besiege and TowerFall look fun.

MarionCB

I'd be happy enough with the bundle if SRIV was the GOTY edition. It really galls me that they just gave us the base game, and then to concurrently run a promotion on Saints Row smacks of disrespect, quite frankly. It's even worse here in Australia because the upgrade to GOTY pack isn't available, you have to buy the dlc separately, and to cap it off you only get the "low violence" version (though that's my country's fault for sucking, to be fair).

Tesseract

Banned
i guess chronicles and grim make this not a bust for me, but this whole thing feels sleazy

especially with the sriv sale shenanigans ...

subscription canceled

Towerfall is a blast with friends. I've heard that Valkyria Chronicles is really good too, so I'm sure I would have gotten a play out of that. Still not worth $12 though since it'll probably be less than that by next month for the winter sale.

KingV

i guess chronicles and grim make this not a bust for me, but this whole thing feels sleazy

especially with the sriv sale shenanigans ...

subscription canceled

Yeah, I can believe they did that. It's just incredibly tone deaf. They should have thrown the upgrade on for like $2 in the sale at least

Radnom

I already had all of the games in this bundle, so I cancelled my sub... it's just not worth it if you buy a lot of games already. I had a feeling that I might have all the games, but I wanted to sub to the first one because I was expecting them to kick it off with a bang, and include something really cool. They didn't do that though, it was like just a regular bundle. It seems like it's going to have a small audience really. If you were only just starting a Steam game library then it'd probably be worth it, but if you were new to bundles and Steam games in general then you probably wouldn't be aware about Humble Bundles anyway!

ghibli99

The only ones I had were Valkyria Chronicles and Saints Row IV, which I bought for $6.74 and 4.99 earlier this year.

SanctuaryRPG, Besiege, and Lethal League all look interesting to me, and who knows if I would have ever heard of them otherwise. The reviews for all three have me excited to try 'em. I didn't have Legend of Grimrock 2 either, so that's good.

I think I have Towerfall Ascension from PS+ maybe? I don't know, but hey, nice to have it for PC.

Not amazing, but I'm not disappointed either. I'll give it another month. :)

Koeta

I already had all of the games in this bundle, so I cancelled my sub... it's just not worth it if you buy a lot of games already. I had a feeling that I might have all the games, but I wanted to sub to the first one because I was expecting them to kick it off with a bang, and include something really cool. They didn't do that though, it was like just a regular bundle. It seems like it's going to have a small audience really. If you were only just starting a Steam game library then it'd probably be worth it, but if you were new to bundles and Steam games in general then you probably wouldn't be aware about Humble Bundles anyway!

Pretty much my feelings, went in thinking it would be really good since it's the first one, it wasn't bad but far from good imo, and I owned half the games anyway so not for me unsubbed already :(

Top Bottom