• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Humble Sonic 25th Anniversary Bundle

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
B2zD8b7.jpg

Ya welcome.

Hikami

Would've bought that shirt if I was still a huge Sonic fan like I used to be. I like these type of gaming shirts. Game name isn't displayed anywhere nor any obvious characters, just subtle enough for me.

Lost World is the only thing I don't already own on Steam, and from the comments here it doesn't seem like it's worth $10 for that alone.

In previous humble bundles you could up the amount you paid, and you would have access to the upper tiers. I don't know why this would be any different.
I didn't know why the mobile site wouldn't clarify either. I wanted to make sure it wasn't something to do with it being a physical reward

I'm probably not going to grab this bundle, but a couple quick thoughts on it:

1. Most of the Genesis games now run in a modern hub, complete with support for Mods. It had a few hiccups at the start, but the devs were quick to patch in improvements. Some still argue the Genesis emulation isn't as solid as it originally was, but that will probably improve too, and you aren't very likely to notice if you're not looking for something specific.
  2. SADX has a patch to replace some missing scenery details and improve a few things. I think this is the link, but there may be a newer version than that.
  3. Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing (the original) is a port of the PS2/Wii version, and not the Xbox 360/PS3 game. There are some significant differences. Generally you should skip it and go straight to Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed.
  4. Generations and ASRT are the kings of this bundle. Sonic CD is a nice remake, but the game itself has always been a little janky, and I don't think the PC version has all the updates the Android port got. Sonic 4 Episode II is actually OK, although the bosses go on a little long, and you have to learn how to best use the Team moves (hint: if you have to fly past hazards, jump toward them as Sonic, then team-up in the air for max distance). It's a major step up from Episode I, which is awful and should be skipped.
  5. It may seem like Sonic Lost World has something to it, the concept of Sonic in Mario Galaxy sounds fantastic, but the game is a mess and not that fun to play. Sonic's movement just feels bad, especially in the 2D sections. I am not exaggerating when I say that the Shadow the Hedgehog game controlled better.

-shadow-

Lost World is the only thing I don't already own on Steam, and from the comments here it doesn't seem like it's worth $10 for that alone.

I bought the game myself for €10 for the WiiU. It's not a great game, but it's a solid foundation on which they could've made a great game. But in typical Sega fashion they screwed up.

Arkeband

Banned
I paid for the $10 bundle, and I redeemed the key that should have given me Sonic 3D Blast, but it's not showing up in my library. Is it named something strange?

edit: Oh, it's technically DLC for "Sega Mega Drive and Genesis Classics"

NoKisum

On the one hand, that's a cool ass shirt and I want it.

On the other hand, I literally own everything here excluding Lost World from a sale that had everything for $10.

Tizoc

The mechanics are good, and the first couple of levels are good. The rest of the game has bad level desgin imo, which is not really worth through going with. Also the bosses are pretty bad.
The one major benefit is mod support, meaning fans can recreate the game into something better

Lost World's the only game that runs like a snail on my computer. I probably need to lower the resolution. It's a shame because from what little bits I saw, it looks nice.

Generations looks and runs beautifully, though.

So here's a question. If I buy one of the tiers and decide I want to permanently delete say, Sonic 4 because I can't stand the sight of it (even in the hidden folder), does it remove all the games in the tier that were tied to that key or does it just delete that one game only?

Top Bottom