• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Hydro Thunder Hurricane |OT|

I'm all over this. So far, for the "spend 2400" promotion, I've got:

-Super Meatboy (800 pts)
-Hydro DLC (400 pts)

any idea where I should spend the remaining 1200 pts?

drmcclin said:

-Super Meatboy (800 pts)
-Hydro DLC (400 pts)

What do you think about Pinball FX 2 which is coming out at the end of the month? I might be picking up some tables for that, I liked the 1st one.

ShapeGSX

drmcclin said:

-Super Meatboy (800 pts)
-Hydro DLC (400 pts)

Red Dead Redemption's Undead Nightmare is being released later this month for 800MSP.

Costume Quest comes out tomorrow.

rj118

I saw that release date and thought "That far away?". Then I realized it's already the 23rd today. October is going by so fast! :lol It's been such a great month for XBLA

acidspunk said:
Thanks for asking my question, doesn't sound too promising though:

What are your thoughts on a Vector Unit developed Arctic Thunder Sequel?

Ha, I think that would be cool. Especially if we could ship it with a fan that blows cold air in your face.

Arctic Thunder was a great game, and I personally love ice and snow levels, so I’d be pretty into it. That said, we have a new original ideas that we’re working on, and I’m pretty exciting about working on some of those.

Vorg

Banned
What I was interested in after the interview was the new boats. Better than the rad hazard? Do want!

S1kkZ

jusr finished all 3 new tracks, dlc is worth the 400 points!

atlantis is the weakest (but not bad!) but still very fun to play. the problem is the visual side, its by far the ugliest track in the game.

castle boom is great. a bit short but lots of stuff going on (explosive barrels, track is crossing in the middle, so you have the leading boats coming at you).

bermuda is one of the best courses in the game. very open, lots of waves, crazy jumps.

surly

Banned
Anyone else getting this issue with the DLC? At the end of a race it says I can't post to the leaderboards because I'm not connected to Xbox Live, even though I am. Also, if I browse through the tracks and press Y to view the leaderboards, with the DLC tracks I get a message saying I need to connect to Live. The leaderboards work fine with the tracks that came with the game. It's only the DLC that's affected.

surly

Banned
cjelly said:
Any new achievements?
Yep. 3 new achievements worth 50 points.

I contacted the devs about the issue I was having above. Here's the reply: -

Hi Steve -

Thanks! We are aware of this issue, too -- we're working with Microsoft to get it fixed ASAP.

Glad you're enjoying it!

Matt

Vorg

Banned
I don't know what's going on but the DLC doesn't seem to be available in my country. FUUUUUUUUUUUck, been waiting a long time for this. :mad:

Dan Yo

Banned
Are the maps free to play in multiplayer or something? There's a separate download that is free for the DLC pack and it's marked (multiplayer).

Dan Yo said:
Are the maps free to play in multiplayer or something? There's a separate download that is free for the DLC pack and it's marked (multiplayer).
From acidspunk's interview:

When you enter an online lobby, sometimes a player’s status will read “spectator”. What does that mean, exactly?

That’s actually some code we put in preparing for the Tempest Pack. The Tempest Pack is going to come in a full paid version and a free version. If you want to play online with somebody who has the DLC installed, you have to at least download the free version, which lets you see the DLC boats other people are racing with. If the host has the full version and you only have the free version, and the host picks a DLC track, you don’t get to actually drive the track — you go into Spectator Mode, which lets you watch the people who have the full version race.

We figured this way everybody gets to play together, even if some people haven’t bought the DLC yet. And in Spectator Mode you get to preview the DLC tracks and see what they’re like. Hopefully that wets your appetite to buy the full version!

Neuromancer said:
From acidspunk's interview:
That's cool, more games need to do that sort of thing, forza does it with the free car trial packs so you can see others driving that new content instead of a black ghost car.

surly said:
Yep. 3 new achievements worth 50 points.

I contacted the devs about the issue I was having above. Here's the reply: -
Can you ask them if they have any more DLC plans?

I think three more tracks would really seal the deal and make this game feel like a the perfect complete Hydro Thunder game. :D

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
Can you ask them if they have any more DLC plans?

I think three more tracks would really seal the deal and make this game feel like a the perfect complete Hydro Thunder game. :D
Also in acidspunks interview, they're going to wait and see how this DLC sells before they do anything else. They also have a couple of other projects they want to do next, so I'm going to be pessimistic and assume this is all we're probably going to get.

Vorg

Banned
Ok, still no DLC available here. I wouldn't even mind, even though it is a mighty cockblock after waiting for so long. The real problem is this: I just found out it's mandatory to download the free version to enter online lobbies. Even if people are racing the older tracks. I mean, what the hell? It's mandatory but not available to download?!

Vorg

Banned
Neuromancer said:
^That's really strange.

Not to rub salt in your wound, but the 3 new tracks are really good. For $5, this was a steal.

I know. I've watched some videos :( Dealing with Microsoft support, holy shit.

Edit: it's finally available. These new tracks are awesome. Bermuda triangle is insane. Also love the psyclone. Whiplash looks cool, but I haven't figured out how to control it properly yet.

DaBuddaDa

Chiming in to say this + the DLC was the best $20 I've spent in a long time. Holy crap this game is fun! I eat up crazy racers like this.

Shurs

DaBuddaDa said:
Chiming in to say this + the DLC was the best $20 I've spent in a long time. Holy crap this game is fun! I eat up crazy racers like this.

It is a really fun game. The leaderboard integration is top notch.

DaBuddaDa said:
Agreed, I can't wait to see what these guys do next.

Doodis

This is on sale today for 400 points. But I have a question - can you take a guest online with you and race splitscreen? If so, I'll probably pick it up to play online with my sister and her husband.

Doodis said:
This is on sale today for 400 points. But I have a question - can you take a guest online with you and race splitscreen? If so, I'll probably pick it up to play online with my sister and her husband.
Yes I'm pretty sure you can.

Doodis said:
Yes I just confirmed that you can.

I highly recommend this game to everyone. For $5, it's highway robbery. It's an amazing fun crazy arcade racing game, in fact this generation needs more like it. Also the expansion is excellent, 3 extra tracks for $5.

Temujin

If you're looking for a fun arcade racer, I really can't recommend this enough. At 400 points it's a steal. Get the DLC as well, I bought it last week and it's great.

Just got the Art Critic achievement at long last! :D

(Hit 7 statues in 50 seconds in the Atlantis gauntlet event.)

The only thing left now are bronze and gold medals on every event, neither of which I'm going to bother with.

Play against the devs on Feb. 7th!

Facebook said:
Test your skills against the developers of Hydro Thunder Hurricane -- Vector Unit will host a Game with Developers event on February 7 from 6-8pm. We'll be playing on all tracks including the Tempest Pack, so be sure to download the full version of the DLC if you want to join us. Check the Xbox dashboard about a week before for more details.

Hey if anyone plays them, ask if there's any more DLC on the way!

naib

A little LTTP.

Vaguely remember seeing this in the arcade, but not sure I've ever played it 'till now.

Holy shit.
This game is fantastic! I'm loving it.
I'm not really MP worthy yet(I've tried), but I'd love to have some highscores to shoot for.
GT is naib. I'll be playing the shit outta this game.

Aren't we due for another Wave Race? Blue Storm left me wanting.

Bought this in the 50% off sale and damn expert is hard, I don't mind the racing but the damn ring events are batshit insane on expert, yet all other levels are piss easy, the penalty for a missed ring on expert is too high and ruins the fun for me.

Neuromancer said:
My secret fantasy is we'll get one on the 3DS along with another 1080 Snowboarding.

The reality is it will be "Wave Race Resort" where you race around Wuhu Island and it plays the same as the jet ski in Wii Sports Resort.

Atomski

I am surprised no one has done a half decent Wave Race clone yet.

Still though.. love this game and hope they bring back some more Midway racers. I want a modern SF Rush game.

naib

Neuromancer said:
My secret fantasy is we'll get one on the 3DS along with another 1080 Snowboarding.

My pants just got tight. Just the sounds in 1080 were fantastic. Damn.
*swoons*

Pilot Wings is selling the 3DS for me.
That would be amazing though..

Top Bottom