The Indie Hangout

ROMhack

Gold Member
Jul 14, 2018
There's probably a few threads on indie games already but I admire the RPG Hangout thread on this board so want to create one for discussion of indie games too.

What's an indie game?

An indie game is whatever exists in your heart as an indie games. That means anything from Kongregate and Itch.io titles to the heavy hitters of the console scene (e.g. Hollow Knight and What Remains of Edith Finch).

Here's a game that just got ported to Switch:

.​

Here's a random but great free game (steam page):

.​

I'll be updating the board regularly with recommendations and the like.

Feel free to chime in with talk about games you're excited about, or maybe ones that you finally managed to clear from your backlog.

Last edited:
Reactions: Helios and llien

Helios

Gold Member
Jun 13, 2018
Currently going through The Messenger. Haven't gotten to the 16bit part yet, but so far I like the movement quite a lot.
I've also been playing a lot of Warhammer Vermintide 2. The combat in this game is amazing, but I don't really like the itemization. Got to level 30 on Saltzpyre. Playing through Champion difficulty right now but I might switch to Legend once I get a bit more gear.
I'm also thinking of getting Mordhau. That game looks like a ton of fun.

Last edited:

_William

Neo Member
May 7, 2019
Idk if A Hat in Time is really counted as an indie game, but it´s so much fun. I´m half-way through it, and really excited to finish it! :D

ROMhack

Gold Member
Jul 14, 2018
Nintendo currently having a digital sale, I just bought...

Looks good. Ghibli-esque or so I've heard.

Unsure if the sale is EU only.

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2013
Nice idea for a thread. Over the last few months i've spent more time playing indies and falling in love with gaming all over again. It's a welcome break from the focus tested, generic sandbox, hyper realistic, lowest common denominator AAA drivel we've had over the last couple of years on this gen.

Having little free time i wanna play stuff that's pretty chill, less punishing but has fantastic and interesting art direction and memorable sights & sounds.

Game's i've finished over the last couple of months are: Journey, Rime, Bound, Limbo, Unravel & Every-bodies Gone To The Rapture. I found them all breathtaking and incredibly moving for their own unique reasons and part of the charm is going into them practically dark, It's like being a kid and playing that random PS1 game with no reference that came with on your demo disk or that your friend lent you because his parents brought him a random game and he isn't bothered about entrusting you with it.

Reactions: Helios