• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch Gaming |Thread4| NOT Doomed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minsc

Gold Member
Defender Chronicles HD is absolutely the best TD game for the iPad (normal non-HD version for the iPhone obv). It's challenging, varied, looks great, has a Diablo-style equipment feature, levelling up of your main heroes, hundreds upon hundreds of hours of gameplay which is all pure TD presented in a 2D vertically scrolling manner. Beats the utter shit out of every other game mentioned (I'm sorry, but it really does).

Oh and the sequel should be out soon, so buy it too.

I'm looking forward to Defender Chronicles 2 about as much as Diablo 3, it's been a long time coming! It sounds like they took everything up a few notches. That's not to say Kingdom Rush isn't a great choice either. Anomaly: Warzone Earth is pretty nice too, visually great, but not up there with the rest of these imo, much shorter game too.

Also check out Defender's Quest if you want another excellent RPG-TD mix, a little more traditional TD but with some neat features like the ability to target certain types of enemies (strong/fast/slow/first/etc), so your units can be setup a bit more intelligently.

Manik

Are there any free-app-a-day type sites for us UK users? All of the big ones seem like they're for US iTunes users only, which is a bit sucky. No love for any users from over the pond?

Talon

Kingdom Rush is difficult. Really surprised me. I'm used to breezing through the first 10 or so "levels," but I got hung up on 7.

Kingdom Rush is difficult. Really surprised me. I'm used to breezing through the first 10 or so "levels," but I got hung up on 7.

Yes-it does have a learning curve and you have to basically plan out your attacks-in a lot of ways it's a lot of trial and error to get past a lot of the levels-especially on the different difficulties-but it never gets frustrating to me...

Milla

Neo Member
Hello lovely Gaflings. I have one TapDragonDrop code for the first person to quote me, post the app icon, and tell me the colour of Mario's avatar on Gaf.

Hello lovely Gaflings. I have one TapDragonDrop code for the first person to quote me, post the app icon, and tell me the colour of Mario's avatar on Gaf.

game_icon_dwd_200x200.png

marios avatar color: blue

What are the best tower defence games on iPad? I've finished Plants VS Zombies and am looking for something else.

forget the creeps. Not that good.

Kingdom Rush HD is bloody amazing though. so much game for a tablet title. I loved it. Looks great too.

BUY THIS NOW!!

you can play on easy mode and get past the levels which enables you to earn stars (1) and level up your troops and then come back to play more.

The final levels are hard as nails. but SOOoooooooo good

Bump. I'm keen to know of some good one's too.

I'm interested in a game where I can build my own town, theme park, or something like that. The problem is a lot of these games have bullshit freemium models. I'm familiar with Kairosoft, but I'm not always a fan of their style. I would really like something like Roller Coaster Tycoon.

Any suggestions? I have an iPod Touch.

Odrion

Banned
So I got Grand Theft Auto 3. Just got to the second city.

Whoever complained about the touch controls in this game is a big baby, this is a great port. Any real frustration lies within the game and it's god awful gunplay.

I think I'm fully on board with touch controls now.

BigDug13

Whoever complained about the touch controls in this game is a big baby, this is a great port. Any real frustration lies within the game and it's god awful gunplay.

I agree about the controls. The driving controls are exactly the same as the PC version. Digital left and right turns using keyboard. Graphics better than ps2. Gunplay sucked on the original so no biggie.

Try A Bard's Tale if you're down with the PS2 games with controls that translate well. It also comes with the first three original games that were released on PC (though only the first two are complete and ready to download in-game for free. Third will come out eventually. ) 4 games for the price of 1. Not bad.

GeekyDad

Well, I was one who complained about the controls. They blow. Do I get to suckle on teet now?

As an aside, how 'bout them blocky textures? Good shit, eh?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Giveaway-complainers are way, WAY more annoying than any giveaway could ever aspire to be.

Ranger X

People complaining about people giving away games here should at least us along in this thread. I mean, if stuff is going bad in your life, we don't need you spreading your shit over here. This thread should be cleansed of people not wanting free shit.

LuchaShaq

Banned
If I wanted to give the code away...that's what I would've done. I do it almost daily. Today was a contest, what's with the whining and shit?

Because every other page this thread turns into a quote the logo thread instead of a thread about games. It's why this thread went from a check every day thing to a once in a blue moon.

Because every other page this thread turns into a quote the logo thread instead of a thread about games. It's why this thread went from a check every day thing to a once in a blue moon.

But it wasn't a quote the logo contest....so why complain? It was free game if you feel Iike its worth your time thing...how does that one post get in the way of the 2 hour chunks of time that pass where nobody says shIt in this thread and the first bump is "dat retina" or "just got an iPad, where the games at?!?"? You check this thread once in a blue moon cause the picture quoting? If less people were checking and actually talking, there would be something to actually be vocal about. I just don't get you guys who can't accept the free shit AND gripe about it getting in the way of your convos when you hardly converse at all....

Don't worry thread vets...I won't shit up the thread with back and forth. Just voicing myself. Back to business.

But it wasn't a quote the logo contest....so why complain? It was free game if you feel Iike its worth your time thing...how does that one post get in the way of the 2 hour chunks of time that pass where nobody says shIt in this thread and the first bump is "dat retina" or "just got an iPad, where the games at?!?"? You check this thread once in a blue moon cause the picture quoting? If less people were checking and actually talking, there would be something to actually be vocal about. I just don't get you guys who can't accept the free shit AND gripe about it getting in the way of your convos when you hardly converse at all....

Don't worry thread vets...I won't shit up the thread with back and forth. Just voicing myself. Back to business.
Thank you sir. You're on the side of angels.

Zoc

I hate to make a post about this, but it's a reason for hating giveaways that I haven't seen mentioned yet. The problem with them is that they're no fun and not interesting to read for the people who don't win the codes. It was the same problem with the weekly "challenges" thing a while back, they were just a lot of noise for people not participating. Even chat about games I don't like can still be interesting, but contests and giveaways may as well be buzzing in my ears.

Anyway, with all the talk about Waking Mars, I went back and finally picked up Spider while it was on sale. Everyone should try it, this is one of the few great games on the platform that really wouldn't work as well on any other.

Manax

Bi weekly bitch fest in the iOS thread again

Played some robbery bob seems ok so far but not really holding my interest probably spend your money elsewhere, eg the stellar game waking mars

Card Boy

Banned

Yep. Pretty much this. Seriously when the thread isn't getting bumped for hours on end then whats the issue? If it the thread is literally moving at posts every 30 seconds then the whingers might have a leg to stand on.

edit: also apprently Wario is unbanned now.

Jarsonot

Y'all talked me into Waking Mars. Digging it so far, and the pics of the faces don't bother me. It's a cool concept, exploring and planting things. Me like.

Y'all talked me into Waking Mars. Digging it so far, and the pics of the faces don't bother me. It's a cool concept, exploring and planting things. Me like.

I bought it and it feels boring so far. I think I'm having one of those jaded moments where nothing is appealing to me tho. Does anyone know if the gameplay ramps up as far as action goes?

fooyee

Neo Member
Hey guys, Brainsss has a new set of levels available. Just play the game while connected to the internet and you should get the levels.

gift code to the first person who can get it: TW4WNNEPMFHP

To whoever get's the code, it would be great to post and let me know what you think of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom