• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The iPhone 4 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyer

K2Valor said:
I've been waiting for a good phone to finally be able to run Dungeon Hunter smoothly and perfectly. I have been, and it's great. It's a Diablo clone basically. I'm loving it. :D

Hmm. I remember hearing about that one. I'll give it a shot.

Dreams-Visions said:
yea, this thread is missing the requisite amount of jizz in the OP.
I'll help.

2010junepickup16.jpg

Love my phone. :D

my phone has no problems as far as i can tell. really happy with both it and the way softbank got it to me with so little fuss.

the speed, display, camera, gaming performance etc are going to take a while to stop impressing me, coming from my 3G.

another point that understandably not many people have touched on is that it is INFINITELY easier to read japanese etc on a screen like this, which is really kind of a big deal!

TurtleSnatcher said:
Well I'm on iPhone 4 #2

Apparently mine had the 'suspend/sleep mode I wont wake the fuck up' problem. It just would die.. And I would have to hold the power and home button for 15 secs each TWICE to get it to reboot. It did it over 10+ times in a 24 hours. When I took it to the Genius Bar they couldn't even get it to turn on and their system couldn't even do a restore if they tried. They declared it a lemon and got me a new one instantly :)

This one works fine.. No antenna issues, no yellow screen, no proximity issues that I know of. YAY

Oh and I just ordered this for my case (preordered) Gonna get them to custom engrave it.

4gmockup_1_large.png
That case is sexy as hell. Let us know what you think of it. I may have to order one.

the•rebel said:
Forgive my ignorance, but how do I lock the screen from going landscape or portrait? I can't figure it out. :lol
Double tap home.. scroll left.. then orientation lock is there.

joeyjoejoeshabadoo said:
That case is sexy as hell. Let us know what you think of it. I may have to order one.

Will do. I won't get it for prob a month but I'm stoked.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Y2Kev said:
;)

Honestly, we're working really hard to get people to post about new things in new threads, so a thread made last October and recently updated is suboptimal.
I don't see how a thread just for iPhone 4 benefits iPod touch, OG, 3G or 3GS users, though...unless the suggestion is that we have new threads for each of those devices as well?

Just seems odd, as people with iPhones or iPod touches in general should all be pushed into a single thread just so people don't have to monitor 5 threads to help out the community with their questions about these devices which are by and large the same device.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
RubxQub said:
I don't see how a thread just for iPhone 4 benefits iPod touch, OG, 3G or 3GS users, though...unless the suggestion is that we have new threads for each of those devices as well?

Just seems odd, as people with iPhones or iPod touches in general should all be pushed into a single thread just so people don't have to monitor 5 threads to help out the community with their questions about these devices which are by and large the same device.
it's not that your topic was too broad, it was that it was too old and cluttered. it just needed a refresh.

RubxQub

Rez said:
it's not that your topic was too broad, it was that it was too old and cluttered. it just needed a refresh.
I don't see how recreating the same thread over again solves anything, especially since we don't have threads for all the other devices now.

Mainly bummed because I had a query into another mod about this stuff and hadn't heard back yet, only to have the carpet pulled from me when I woke up :/

BboyDubC

RubxQub said:

Apparently you haven't seen this:

2010junepickup16.jpg

To be honest, the reason this thread needed to be made was because nobody was using your general thread for i4 talk. The MAIN thread for i4 was the WWDC thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=397195&page=183

That thread included up to the minute updates on lines, pre-orders, impressions, etc. COMPLETELY unintuitive, but that is how megathreads work no? Nobody was going to switch over to your thread to discuss it, because all the heat was there. This new thread was needed, because it is now obvious that this is for discussion on 'dat four'.

RubxQub

BboyDubC said:
Apparently you haven't seen this:

2010junepickup16.jpg

To be honest, the reason this thread needed to be made was because nobody was using your general thread for i4 talk. The MAIN thread for i4 was the WWDC thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=397195&page=183

That thread included up to the minute updates on lines, pre-orders, impressions, etc. COMPLETELY unintuitive, but that is how megathreads work no? Nobody was going to switch over to your thread to discuss it, because all the heat was there. This new thread was needed, because it is now obvious that this is for discussion on 'dat four'.
I agree, and that's why I was asking to have the WWDC thread closed and the other thread to be renamed in my PM.

joeyjoejoeshabadoo said:
just pre-ordered that case.

got a few weeks to decide if I want to create my own unique design or go with an artist's work.

hmmm.

SnakeXs said:
Mine came with iMovie.
96f38
ha.

and if I was being honest, I would have had to admit that Windows comes with Movie Maker free.

but I didn't feel like being honest; I was trying to make a point. :D

i guess the real comparison is "what other phone comes with free movie editing software". it's a pretty esoteric feature! you can still trim/upload movies without it, too.

BboyDubC

RubxQub said:
I agree, and that's why I was asking to have the WWDC thread closed and the other thread to be renamed in my PM.

Sounds like you just really want your thread. The point is to move AWAY from megathreads. Nobody wants to go into a thread when it is 50+ pages long. You feel there is too much to read up on. Also, what is the point of renaming the thread, when the first 50 pages has nothing to do with i4. If all I want is to talk about i4, how do I know when i4 discussions starts? New product requires new thread. Other thread can be for all older gen products. Makes perfect sense. New products only get released once a year. Who needs a thread over a year old?

RubxQub

BboyDubC said:
Sounds like you just really want your thread. The point is to move AWAY from megathreads. Nobody wants to go into a thread when it is 50+ pages long. You feel there is too much to read up on. Also, what is the point of renaming the thread, when the first 50 pages has nothing to do with i4. If all I want is to talk about i4, how do I know when i4 discussions starts? New product requires new thread. Other thread can be for all older gen products. Makes perfect sense. New products only get released once a year. Who needs a thread over a year old?
/shrug

I don't agree, but no point in arguing now I guess.

I'm having a strange glitch with the photo app:

I'll sync a folder over from iPhoto, and then it won't show up in my Photo App. If I go to text a picture to someone, the albums are there, but under the actual app there's nothing. WTF? Anyone else have this bug?

WordAssassin said:
I'm having a strange glitch with the photo app:

I'll sync a folder over from iPhoto, and then it won't show up in my Photo App. If I go to text a picture to someone, the albums are there, but under the actual app there's nothing. WTF? Anyone else have this bug?
Yeah I had it. I had to close and re open the app and flick down a couple times, then it showed up.

I'm having a problem with my wife's iphone. We are syncing to the same computer, same iTunes, but it's installing ALL of mine and her old apps even when we do a system restore without using the backup files.

What do you think we could do to fix it?

fireside

BboyDubC said:
Is i4 the new “iTouch”?

Or are you talking about Intel processors.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
apparently I can get a free bumper if I walk into an Apple store and replicate the left hand antenna problem.

Hotukdeals

Sadly I only seem to be able to replicate the problem in certain areas which is infuriating and makes no sense to me.

I get full bars, then literally 2mm of skin bridge the bottom left seam and its like wires are crossed and it all breaks down. If I shift to either side of the seam its fine. There is literally 2mm of area where this is effected.

Why dont the wires get crossed when you're somewhere else? I'm not physically blocking the signal. Really confusing, where are the damn experts telling me whats going on?

numble

Does iOS 4.0 and iOS 4.0 app discussion belong here or some other thread? Not necessarily limited to iPhone 4.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Any thoughts about my WiFi issue? Phone will not reconnect upon returning (unlike 3GS).

Tried rebooting.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
RubxQub said:
/shrug

I don't agree, but no point in arguing now I guess.

The benefits seem entirely obvious to me. Moving away from megathreads is the new Neogaf policy and a very welcome one. I had no idea iPhone 4 came out until somebody at work was talking about the reception problems.

guise

Can't be dealing with waiting for o2 stores to restock shipments. So I decided to just downgrade my current contract to the £15 a month simplicity and order the handset from Apple. Now the hard part, to sit back and wait for 3 weeks.

Blackhead

Redarse
Rez said:
Rux's thread was made this year precisely because the previous iPhone thread was old and cluttered. It's just the way of iPhone threads—there are so many users on GAF that the posts just keep coming at a very fast pace. Unless we decide to have separate threads for every single iDevice and subtopic (we already have separate threads for iPhone 4 accessories and wallpapers!) this thread will also be 'old and cluttered' in a month. Rux was committed to making and refreshing a superb OP so the thread wouldn't suffer from repeated questions on the same topic every other page. If the OP is that good then it mitigates the 'old and cluttered' problem nicely as everybody has a great starting point to jump into the thread. I don't know if Major Williams is willing to put in the same amount ofmeffort.

Seems strange folks have wifi setting issues. Been constantly connected to my home network since day zero and never had it switch signals or not connect, period.

Stayed up way too late least night messing around with iMovie. The is awesome but there are a couple things that are missing (or maybe I'm missing). The first one is, not being able to add text to pictures and only video. It's not a huge deal just unfortunate. The second, is not being able to fade in and at out at the beginning or end of the video.

I was also having problems trimming videos from the start of the video. It works fine from the end not the beginning. Other than those three gripes I love the app. It's cheap, has enough features to play with and it's easy as hell to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom