• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The iPhone 4 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys I'm struggling in iMovie. Basically I need to know how to trim video clips from the start rather than the end. It just keeps scrolling the clip. Is this possible

LCfiner

Oni Jazar said:
I wonder how many penises do the Apple reps at 1-888-facetime see? That must be rough job.

oh god. I never thought of that :lol

edit:

Mecha_Infantry said:
Guys I'm struggling in iMovie. Basically I need to know how to trim video clips from the start rather than the end. It just keeps scrolling the clip. Is this possible

in the on stage demo, I thought the guy tapped on a clip in the timeline and then two grab circles popped up on the sides of the clip, allowing trimming on either side.

Where can I get a good case in the UK, online or retail? I went to Carphone warehouse but the ones they had were all shit. I'm currently using my old 3G's Sena leather case, but need a proper one soon.

CrankyJay

Banned
Any good case recommendations that are available at the Apple store or Best Buy? The wife seems dead set on getting screen protectors as well. What are the best ones?

guise said:
Can't be dealing with waiting for o2 stores to restock shipments. So I decided to just downgrade my current contract to the £15 a month simplicity and order the handset from Apple. Now the hard part, to sit back and wait for 3 weeks.

I phoned O2 up after all the stores had sold out, I was trying to leave and go with Vodafone then the woman said that they had stock online and she would send me one if I stayed and upgraded my contract, they posted it about 20 minutes after I hung up the phone and I had it the next day from DHL.

Awesome service O2.

Mecha_Infantry said:

Just click once on the clip you want to trim, it should then have an amber rim, scroll left along the video until you get to the front and you should see a little nub at the front of the clip, hold and move across to trim from the front. Works exactly the same for the end too. See below.

33xya2b.png

Jal

I've held off from getting an iPhone for this long just having a 1G Touch and was really looking forward to getting this, now all these issues have put me right off :(

NJ Shlice

I do not have the reception issue. But the proximity sensor is not as strong as previous iPhones. Moving it slightly away from my face brings up the screen.

The battery is also not as good as my 3GS. There might actually be something wrong with the battery. I'll have to keep an eye on it today but it's draining very fast.

NJ Shlice said:
I do not have the reception issue. But the proximity sensor is not as strong as previous iPhones. Moving it slightly away from my face brings up the screen.

The battery is also not as good as my 3GS. There might actually be something wrong with the battery. I'll have to keep an eye on it today but it's draining very fast.
Have you conditioned your battery yet? Use it till it drains completely and won't turn on. Then charge it overnight, (8 hours)

And thanks for the help guys. Its a little odd trimming from the front as you don't see what's happening. Kinda odd

Mecha_Infantry said:
I just tried it again, it looks like it's just scrolling but it is actually trimming it. You may have to hold down the little marker at te beginning for a minute before dragging it.

ckohler

As a test I charged mine up to 100% last night and then unplugged it overnight. It's been about nine hours and it's now at 93%. This is at my apartment where I only get between one and two bars at best, so, not bad.

So, the TiPb (The iPhone Blog) store is accepting preorders for their iPhone 4 accessories and I was thinking of snagging this:

NwxrA.jpg

Case Mate Clear Armor

I don't really want a case that'll pretty much prevent me from admiring the design (Heh...), but in the end all I really want, I guess, is a cheaper version of Apple's Bumper that comes in colors I actually like.

Just called my local Radio Shack. No iPhone 4s in stock. Guess I'll be getting up early next Tuesday to see if I can snag one at my local AT&T store.

Tobor

Also, I've noticed a bug in Safari. Occasionally the downloading animation in the menu bar will stay on permanently. I have to close Safari in the task bar and reopen it to get it to stop. Bug fix time, Apple.

Tobor said:
Thanks, that's pretty cool, but it removed the formatting and images and stuff.
I'm sure I'll use it at a later time once I have a better understanding of the program.

I'll just customize the PDF for now.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Tobor said:
Also, I've noticed a bug in Safari. Occasionally the downloading animation in the menu bar will stay on permanently. I have to close Safari in the task bar and reopen it to get it to stop. Bug fix time, Apple.
I've actually crashed Safari more in the past 2 days than I have all of last year.

Something about making replies in the web app angers my baby...

Tobor said:
Bugreporter.apple.com

Or maybe just bugreport. Either way it's handy. I've gotten them to fix a few bugs I found during the beta. They usually respond in a few days or less.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
MCX said:
How's the 1420mAh battery holding up, guys?

Had mine since thursday, wi-fi on, many texts, a couple of long phone calls, and still at 54%

my 3G would have blown it's brains out by now

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
So are we going to close the other iPhone OT or what?

We've got them both consistently on the first page.

Swag

The_Reckoning said:
I got the 16gb for 399 due to that reason. Don't regret it one bit.

I'll do it when I get back from vacation probably, I can't take the slowness of my 3G anymore.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Sebulon3k said:
I'll do it when I get back from vacation probably, I can't take the slowness of my 3G anymore.

You bought a 3G after the 3GS was out?

Swag

SnakeXs said:
You bought a 3G after the 3GS was out?

I was dumb and bought a 3G on May 10th 2009, I think the 3GS came out 3 weeks later. If I waited I would've had to pay for it myself as opposed to having my mom pay for the phone and pay for the bill.

A deal too good to pass up even for a newer model.

demonkaze

Anyone know where I can get an apple bumper in the uk, either retail or online (that ships now), different colours would be great!

Mecha_Infantry said:
I just noticed that you can trim straight from the standard photo app. You can try that too before going to iMovie.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
demonkaze said:
Anyone know where I can get an apple bumper in the uk, either retail or online (that ships now), different colours would be great!
Apple Store (online and in-store) is the only place that has them. If they have any left in-store, they will only have black.

Went to Apple Store today to play with new phone, after raping it with my man hands i have to say it's pretty fucking german. I love how much thinner and narrower it is and that screen fucking pops like a mofo. Take pictures on it and video on it is fucking ridiculous. I don't think any camera has a screen that good to look at your shots with.

So i have two choices go on waiting list and get new phone, but i just got the 3GS last year =(. Or Wait it out till next year for the iphone 4S (the S is for SPLOOGE) =(.

Raw64life

Ok so is this related to the reception problem at all? And if not can I get some help anyway? Whenever I call or get called by someone their voice is extremely low. If I put it on speaker or use face time I can hear them loud and clear. Is there some button I just forgot to press when I activated my phone or something or is this a real problem?

Vyer

Raw64life said:
Ok so is this related to the reception problem at all? And if not can I get some help anyway? Whenever I call or get called by someone their voice is extremely low. If I put it on speaker or use face time I can hear them loud and clear. Is there some button I just forgot to press when I activated my phone or something or is this a real problem?
Hmm. Shouldn't be. I suppose you've tried the regular volume controls?

Also, one thing I noticed when I first got an iPhone was that you had to put it closer to the ear than my old pos phone. Font know if this is your first iPhone or not though.

Dragon

Banned
Raw64life said:

Take off the default plastic that sits on the screen. :) That was my problem.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Raw64life said:
My iPhone 4 is quite a bit quieter than my 3G was (with both at max volume). The speaker is a lot louder, though. Maybe it's just my phone...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom