• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King Of Fighters XIII - Console version detailed

Tizoc

zlatko said:
Right there they just call him Mars Alien. xD
Mars Alien it is then, lol. thanks.

Fersis said:
Enjoy it while you can.

Raiden? Moar like NERFDEN!
Don't see how his nerf is major, if anything it made him more balanced.

BTW Fersis, sorry but I'll PM you the OT stuff I'm writing next week ^_^;

Mista Koo

9SS8.png

Raiden's colors splitting is genius. Too bad no interesting character got the same level of treatment.

I'm thinking of starting to learn dk-less Raiden right now. He doesn't actually need those to be a beast, and I don't really want to wait 32 seconds to unleash the fury - I want them dead by that time, lol.

Mista Koo

Tizoc said:
Is Raiden's #7 color supposed to be a nod to Ultimate Warrior?
I dunno, but 9 looks like King Tiger Mask and 10 looks like Venom.
Maybe the whole bottom row is modeled after others? 6 could be Rey Mysterio and 8... err... Hawkeye :lol.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
SNKP confirms that it was a mistake by Arcadia Magazine
Yes!

Tizoc said:
Mars Alien it is then, lol. thanks.

Don't see how his nerf is major, if anything it made him more balanced.

BTW Fersis, sorry but I'll PM you the OT stuff I'm writing next week ^_^;
Dont worry man as i said: I got this!
Im pretty much done with the text part of the OT. Gotta work on the few images like the banner and such.

BadWolf

If its blessed with good netcode then I will be getting it for PS3 as well.

Mista Koo said:
Raiden's colors splitting is genius. Too bad no interesting character got the same level of treatment.

Really like the way they split K' and Yuri, so much so that I often prefer them to the originals.

Andy's and Joe's are pretty cool too.

Dandy J

Holy Order Sol said:
I'm thinking of starting to learn dk-less Raiden right now. He doesn't actually need those to be a beast, and I don't really want to wait 32 seconds to unleash the fury - I want them dead by that time, lol.
yup, even without dropkick hes still very strong and the best grappler character. though they are buffing daimon and clark im not sure i see them surpassing raiden sans-dk

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Kioshen said:
Wait what everyone is switching to the PS3 version now ?

Not in the least, 360 version here.

Dandy J said:
yup, even without dropkick hes still very strong and the best grappler character. though they are buffing daimon and clark im not sure i see them surpassing raiden sans-dk

Maxima and Vice are still probably stronger grapplers than Clark, and both of them seem to get used much more than Daimon, which I always find kinda sad for him. It's like no-one ever wants to commit to Goro in this game, as if they're all just playing him as a meter-building sacrifice. They're 2 characters in the console port, that I wonder if are getting enough Buffs, so far. I suspect we'll learn of some new tech with each of them on final console release, that was missed in our previous testings... maybe as minor as a new chain or drive cancel, or as significant as new DM variations.

The strength of Gattling attack with Clark kinda makes me wanna see him as more like... old Maxima, and new Maxima as more like Old Clark.

zlatko

Banned
Kioshen said:
Wait what everyone is switching to the PS3 version now ?

Not a chance. 360 for all fighters for me, and as far as I can tell the majority of fighting GAF are on the 360 as well for any multiplatform release for fighters.

Glad to hear that rumor of Bkane being PS3 exclusive is debunked.

Skilletor

360 for all fighters.

SC4 and UMvC3 cemented that for me.

Terareflection said:
Get whatever you want, though I do think that most of the playerbase for these games would on PS3.

If this were 5 years ago, maybe. I'm pretty sure the sales for most fighters has been split pretty even across the consoles.

Tizoc

patrickthehedgehog said:
I'll look into that! Thank you.
Hope they can fix your problem, in PS3 threads on forums Gophermods keep being brought up when it comes to YLODed PS3s =)

Oh and after seeing the PS2 games coming to PSN thread
I want KoF MI Ra on PSN, haters can hate >=P

Mature

Oh, no, nothing like that. And I'm perfectly set-up to play on either system, but I'd like to get to the more popular version which I thought would undoubtedly be 360, but it seems there's a lot of people repping PS3 here.

Tizoc

Where's the achievement list already? Don't they usually get put up near a month before a game's released?

Mista Koo

BadWolf said:
Really like the way they split K' and Yuri, so much so that I often prefer them to the originals.

Andy's and Joe's are pretty cool too.
Joe is a missed opportunity, they could've easily gave him a tanktop/vest.

I will be getting the PS3 version also .
From what i notice most fighting games sell even across both platforms expect for Japan.
Still this might not matter cause with out spec mode the chat room will die in a month .

PS3 here.

Pretty sure the PS3 version of BlazBlue had a bigger following too if the Gaf thread is anything to go by. It'll end up being a coin flip as far as I can tell for what console is going to end up being the most popular for the game.

Samuray

Samuray said:
I can't seem to find any reliable info what stages will really be in the game at this point. The iOS iteration contributed to that confusion...we're not getting all the stages that were added to that, or will we? The ones from XII will all be back, though, as far as I know, but I'd really like a definitive list of stages for XIII, if there is such a thing yet.

(Day 1 regardless, of course; already got it preordered)

Anyone? No one....?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
N4Us said:
Post-stream casual matches, some with Jose who showed up at the end of the day:

BBZ vs Jose (and Haunts)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Duyp4kp5ncc

BBZ vs Christian (and Haunts)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6jzxAgf4KM

D vs Christian
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-hocFC_8rE

Christian vs Jose
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REv23qg2htQ
Thanks man!

Samuray said:
Anyone? No one....?
Theres no official stage list but:
(New stages not available on arcades)
- Stadium rooftop
- AOF street
- Desert
- Pao Pao Cafe
- Elisabeth's Old Mansion
- Clock Tower
- Those from the past HQ
- Industrial zone (Iori DLC)
- Kyokugen Ryu Dojo
- Sky Noa
- Another dojo stage (Its kinda dark)

So yeah... looots of new stages. Oh and most of them have different cameos according the round.

Grokbu

Samuray said:
Anyone? No one....?
What Fersis said, but add 2 more stages, whom I don't really remember what they are, but they weren't in VS, plus 96 Esaka stage (Kyo DLC). also, I do believe that that dark dojo stage Fersis mentioned is with mr. Karate DLC.

As far as we know, the XII stages aren't in, except for the ones (one?) that are in the arcade version.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Samuray said:
Anyone? No one....?

As SolarKnight described in the Trailer thread (with SAB CA extras):

SolarKnight said:
Arcade
- Brazil
- France
- Egypt
- America
- China
- Japan
- India
- England
- Colosseum
- Destroyed colosseum
- Heaven I think they called it

Console
- Colosseum's roof
- An alley
- Kyokugen Dojo
- Desert
- Old Mansion
- Elizabeth's mansion's garden (I think it was Betty's)
- Clocktower
- Pao Pao Cafe
- Adel & Rose's Sky Noah

Most likely included with each DLC char
- Remade Rival Team 95 stage (Construction Yard)
- Remade Osaka 96 stage (Japanese Walkway above the Street)
- Remade AoF 1 final boss stage (Mr. Karate's Dojo o'darkness!)

So about 20 on disk and 23 total.

Reasons's we're confident about this list:
- These are the stages present in the demo builds (Console and Arcade Stages)
- They're the ones SNKP shows in trailers for the full game.
- The "new" stages previewed on iphone match up to the known DLC Characters perfectly.

Note that none of the "XII" stages are direct ports; they're the remade stages from the arcade game. We're still also missing the "Snow" stage from XII. There's been nothing like it present in the console or arcade game.

AAK

PS3 for me. 360 is in my room mate's room. And he won't like me in his room for hours on end practicing fighters.

zlatko said:
Not a chance. 360 for all fighters for me, and as far as I can tell the majority of fighting GAF are on the 360 as well for any multiplatform release for fighters.

Glad to hear that rumor of Bkane being PS3 exclusive is debunked.
billy kane was in the 360 debug version I was playing at events so I don't know how ppl came to that conclusion. probably some fanboy trying to start something. Getting it on 360 anyway since all my friends are on there.

CadetMahoney said:
billy kane was in the 360 debug version I was playing at events so I don't know how ppl came to that conclusion. probably some fanboy trying to start something. Getting it on 360 anyway since all my friends are on there.
Arcadia Magazine erroneously said that Billy wasn't playable on the 360 version.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Some Japanese Arcade Version vids, from the KCE Group First:

You may remember the Fatal / Cool Combo vid they did. Practacal killer combos, VS Combos that just spend loads of meter, and are fun to watch. Here's the Women Fighter + AoF Team edition!

KOF XIII KCE公開動画 その321Conclusion2011 vol.2(Women&Art )

----------

And now, 3 sets of fight vids, the first 1 starting off with Ash showing off an 80 hit kill combo he can pull off with 1st round meter maxes.

10/1(土) 第4回KOF XIII店舗大会1日目 レシオマッチ@香川の田舎 Part1

10/1(土) 第4回KOFXIII店舗大会1日目 レシオマッチ@香川の田舎 Part2

10/1(土) 第4回KOF XIII店舗大会1日目 レシオマッチ@香川の田舎 Part3

UPDATE: 2 More

10/1(土) 第4回KOF XIII店舗大会1日目 レシオマッチ@香川の田舎 Part4

10/1(土) 第4回KOF XIII店舗大会1日目 レシオマッチ@香川の田舎 Part5 LAST

Grokbu

SAB CA said:
Some Japanese Arcade Version vids, from the KCE Group First:

You may remember the Fatal / Cool Combo vid they did. Practacal killer combos, VS Combos that just spend loads of meter, and are fun to watch. Here's the Women Fighter + AoF Team edition!

KOF XIII KCE公開動画 その321Conclusion2011 vol.2(Women&Art )
I love their combo videos. LOVE!

The creativity in their combos are freaking great.

I was mindblown watching this one...

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
KoF XIII Console Streaming Oct 12th

•Wed 12 Oct
•Gamerbase London
•Time: 6pm
•Format: Groups best of 3 into Double Elim Top 8
•Entry: £5
•Streamed Live from 7.30pm (UK time) on www.twitch.tv/exdragonproject

So in US Time: 11:30 AM West Cost, 2:30pm East Coast.

corkscrewblow said:
Watching the JP play makes this game look so much better. Raiden and K` are still ridiculous though.

Yeah, I really like Japanese play of this game, overall. There's a methodical, solid understanding of the normals and move properties that feels much different than the Southtown streams.

Having said that, I also love the raw, "play each character as if they're my main!" gameplay style, that either side seems to only have a few players explore. JP can depend TOO MUCH on those K' and Raiden's, and it makes their out character look crappy by comparision, because they never use their full tool-list.

So there's some bad, and good, on each side for me.

Grokbu said:
I love their combo videos. LOVE!

The creativity in their combos are freaking great.

I was mindblown watching this one...

Ryo, Robert, and King really had some awesome moments. I love the amount of Ping-Pong you can pull on opponents, if you're willing to commit some meter. And Ryo's ever-advancing Koh-ken was insane, lol.

Top Bottom