• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King Of Fighters XIII - Console version detailed

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Edgeward said:
Some KOF action in Europe. 360 version

http://www.ogaming.tv/

Sorry, just got the tail end of SF so I have no idea who is playing.
Was about to post it. (Still fighting with my ISP)

Dat Kyo alt costume.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Theres a guy with a Mr Karate mask ... mhmhmhmh get hyped?

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Tizoc said:
So some people managed to get the game early I take it?

No, this isn't Capcom, lol. The European / French community that has hands on it, is managing this through SNKP or RSG. Atlus is letting Dreamcancel members run tourneys and help them with previews and tutorials under their guidance / supervision. I've seen no mention of final editions leaking out to stores, or obtained URRRRLEHY or anything.

If you don't mind Fersis, would you link some of Dream Cancel's tutorials, to the OP, bolded and Titled?

Hitstun and Blockstun miniguide
Explains(with recovery frame data) the different types of hit and block in the air and on the ground.

A Guide to Frame Data
Details how frame is displayed in KOF, it gets somewhat detailed, so give it a look and see if their is anything new you.

Buffering Tricks and Motion Shortcuts
How to make your execution much easier, a must read.

Throws and Alternate Guard
A different way to defend against throws, alternate guard allows to defend against tick throws and command throw mixups. Also shows how throws work and are broken.

Fuzzy guarding
Another must read, fuzzy guard will nullify hop mixups aside from throws. Will also help you beating it as well.

WTF I did NOT know that KoF had a hold button buffer. So the parameters are a bit different, but it pretty much works the same way as link buffering in BB right?

Fersis

10 days to go! WOOO!! (Obviously more for me)

FindMyFarms said:
WTF I did NOT know that KoF had a hold button buffer. So the parameters are a bit different, but it pretty much works the same way as link buffering in BB right?
In which they both will allow you to hit tough links, yes.

Btw, another tutorial was posted today:

Whiff Cancel Tutorial

Whiff canceling will help shave recovery frames off of moves with generally bad recovery, i.e cl/cr.C to mount a better offence and stay relatively safe.

Fersis

Terareflection said:
Here's is a new stream with some console version casuals. Sorry for the double post.
http://ja.twitch.tv/thepeoplesstream
Thanks. Props to RSG and Orochinagi.

Oh by the way after the 'huge OT are ruinning GAF' thread i took out most of the screenshots.
KOFXIII OT will be lean and mean. ^__^
Avatars can be made per request instead of 'wasting' pace in the |OT|

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
There's a lot of stream archieved there from Gunny's house. I know Maximus Prime shows up in the later half og the last part (Here).

MaximusPrimeViaGunsmith.png

The Game already has Eva Unit O1 Maxima... Think I'll have to make a Gundam, and Iron Tager in there somewhere... XD

I haven't seen it all myself, so I don't know if he spends time making edits on-camera or what. I know there's a color-modded Clark running around there, and maybe more...

As me and another sat around after the stream was over, Gunny came back into the room, and asked us how it all was. Told him it was good, and I gave him props on Maximus Prime. He then said he needs to unlock more colors; and it's addicting to do such, like RPG grinding, haha.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Finaika said:
Should've colored his hair blue.

Yeah, it could be improved upon, but it's a nice start :) Blue Hair, grey Skin? Gray stripes for the stripes on his arms, to represent the smokestacks? A white shirt on the inside to represent the windows?

For some reason, this makes me want to make a "Lynn Minmay" Athena too...

Tizoc

SNK should've made the color edit mode a purchasable DLC.
COME AT ME BROS!
I want to give SNK more money for this good product, hence why I want it to be purchasable

Tizoc said:
COME AT ME BROS!
I want to give SNK more money for this good product, hence why I want it to be purchasable
Don't worry, there will probably be overpriced DLC, so you can throw as much money at them as you want.

Tizoc said:
COME AT ME BROS!

buy their KoF merchandise if you want to give them money, don't ask for incomplete games please.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Tizoc said:
COME AT ME BROS!

On XBL, you have their arcade games, MSXX Leona DLC, TWNeo! DLC, Premium themes and Gamer pics, and KoF XII Themes and music all sitting for purchase...

And on PSN, you've got Playstation Minis, NeoGeo Station, and old SNK PS1 releases, at least, to purchase, as well as I assume the XII stuff.

Not to mention XIII will at least have it's DLC characters, and probably have a music pack, and possibly more alternative palette stuff, DLC colors, or more.

Or you could always buy an extra copy for a friend... heck, I told my friend to not get ME a gift for my birthday, but to get himself KoF, and he can view playing it along with me as my birthday gift! (^_^)

Tizoc

Augemitbutter said:
buy their KoF merchandise if you want to give them money, don't ask for incomplete games please.
How the heck would this game be incomplete without a color edit mode?
You've got your 30 characters, versus, online and training mode, exactly how would a color edit mode, which anyone who has the game can never use, make it incomplete?

SAB CA said:
And on PSN, you've got Playstation Minis, NeoGeo Station, and old SNK PS1 releases, at least, to purchase, as well as I assume the XII stuff.
Yeah I don't want that junk =V

Not to mention XIII will at least have it's DLC characters, and probably have a music pack, and possibly more alternative palette stuff, DLC colors, or more.
I am buying the DLC characters day 1, even tho I may never use them (tho Mr. karate may be an exception, depends on how he plays).

Or you could always buy an extra copy for a friend... heck, I told my friend to not get ME a gift for my birthday, but to get himself KoF, and he can view playing it along with me as my birthday gift! (^_^)
...but my friend doesn't own a PS3 or a 360 =V

alstein

If you want to give SNK more money, that's fine. Just don't make me do it.

I got no problem giving up my $50 for this game+ the DLC chars, but I don't want to be nickel and dimed.

If this game does as well as I think it will, SNK will probably make another KOF and you can give more money then.

Capcom's nickel and diming got to the point where I just flat-out don't want to buy their stuff period anymore (UMVC3 would have been a sure buy last year, now it's very unlikely), I don't want people to think that way about SNK.

Tizoc

alstein said:
If you want to give SNK more money, that's fine. Just don't make me do it.
I'm not making you buy anything ?.?

Capcom's nickel and diming got to the point where I just flat-out don't want to buy their stuff period anymore (UMVC3 would have been a sure buy last year, now it's very unlikely), I don't want people to think that way about SNK.
DLC is always gonna be optional stuff to me; if I want it I'll get it otherwise no thanks.

alstein

Tizoc said:
I'm not making you buy anything ?.?

DLC is always gonna be optional stuff to me; if I want it I'll get it otherwise no thanks.

Asking to pay for something that should be free is ridiculous. A color editor shouldn't be DLC period.

Tizoc

alstein said:
Asking to pay for something that should be free is ridiculous. A color editor shouldn't be DLC period.
Understandable and on the one hand, agreed.
...but here's a 'What if scenario' for you;
Let's Say SNK announced the game as is BUT made no mention of a Color Edit mode. Then months prior to the game's release, the DLC for the game is found on XBL and Color Edit mode was found among them.
The game gets released, and a few weeks or a month or so later, SNK announce that they will release a color Edit DLC for I dunno 7-10 dollars.
Now in this 'What if' scenario: Would you buy/get the Color Edit as DLC?

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
No

because paying for character colors is stupid.(Sup BB)

but since it's in the box I will play with it. Thanks SNK

Suggesting they should sell us features they're giving us for free is weird enough. Defending that statement like this is a whole nother ballpark of nonsense

Tizoc said:
Understandable and on the one hand, agreed.
...but here's a 'What if scenario' for you;
Let's Say SNK announced the game as is BUT made no mention of a Color Edit mode. Then months prior to the game's release, the DLC for the game is found on XBL and Color Edit mode was found among them.
The game gets released, and a few weeks or a month or so later, SNK announce that they will release a color Edit DLC for I dunno 7-10 dollars.
Now in this 'What if' scenario: Would you buy/get the Color Edit as DLC?
No. Why do you condone this?

Kinda itching to see DLC Kyo, even though I really hate playing against him 98. I really want to see final showdown in HD.

Tizoc said:
COME AT ME BROS!

Buy the DLC unlocks for the colors then :U

There's already stuff to buy post launch. There's absolutely no reason to tell companies to actually gate something off in support. You wanna support them, buy another copy of the game or whatever DLC they have available. Don't be the self apointed voice for all the consumers who may or may not agree with your sentiments.

Tizoc

Terareflection said:
No. Why do you condone this?
Just asking is all, but I also blame ArcSys and Capcom for making DLC outfits; they gave me the bug.
In my hypothecal (sp) SvC3 game, there will bikini DLC outfits for all the ladies

@SolarKnight- Nah I'll just steal custom palletes off people who made them ;3

Tizoc said:
@SolarKnight- Nah I'll just steal custom palletes off people who made them ;3

You mean you're gonna pirate them or that you didn't understand what I said? =P

Remember that there are colors that you can't use for the editor until you unlock them, and there's DLC for that if you don't want to waste time unlocking them.

Top Bottom