• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King Of Fighters XIII Hype

Tizoc

^This is gonna sound strange but is the dialog...'witty' or does it feel like it's just a plain translation from Japanese to English?

General Shank-a-snatch said:
^ Yes, John Crawley would rule.

We might get Jin from AOF3. He's already made his nonsensical cameos in XII and 02UM, he could be an easy to produce character to make his fans happy.
How did they end up with a last name like Crawley anyway? ...and wonder if they meant Crowley (after the Ozzie Osbourn song).

(this forum desperately needs the promised multi-quote)

SAB CA said:
Sooooo, according to THE ANSWER on DC, Billy and Saiki are both playable on the EVO build... Neomax is also only 2 meters in HD mode now.

Could you ask him if it's the Indecent Exposure version of Saiki?

Tizoc said:
How did they end up with a last name like Crawley anyway? ...and wonder if they meant Crowley (after the Ozzie Osbourn song).

No idea, but Ozzie should give SNKP the rights to play Crazy Train when Raiden does that super.

patrickthehedgehog said:
No engrish at all. Might be Atlus's work or whoever handled the arcade's dialogue translation.

Sounds promising, please let us know if you find anything funny after work. :)

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
General Shank-a-snatch said:
Could you ask him if it's the Indecent Exposure version of Saiki?

Better not be! XD Yeah, I'll make sure to post that. With the previous leak coming true, I'm assuming it's human, normal Saiki, but never hurts to be sure, no? (I wonder if we'll get vids soon, if they're allowed already...)

------

So, according to a1111 on Dreamcancel:

from latest ゲーマガ magazine
◆ PS3/360『KOF13』
・プレイヤーキャラに斎祀(サイキ)変身前追加

Sounds like Gemaga magazine in JP confirms pre-transformation Saiki as a playable character.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
TheAnswer said:
Elizabeth has been nerfed badly, Raiden DK takes even longer to charge. K got buffed.

KOTF
KOF OF THE FOREVER

I wonder which one is true. If K' really got buffed...I will laugh my ass off. That'd be some Team NINJA "a pro wrestler can't beat a ninja" logic there.

AlphaDragoon said:
I wonder which one is true. If K' really got buffed...I will laugh my ass off. That'd be some Team NINJA "a pro wrestler can't beat a ninja" logic there.
Intentional tiers is like the worst thing ever. Reminds me of the Bleach fighters on DS

God i am loving these new stages , man i cannot wait for this game.
Betty also get nerf and Raiden’s drop kicks takes longer.
Not like it matter Betty never going to leave my team .

_dementia said:
Intentional tiers is like the worst thing ever. Reminds me of the Bleach fighters on DS

Oh, I agree wholeheartedly. I'd be laughing because of how ridiculous it would be. I'm a huge K' fan but there's no way in hell he should have gotten buffed, if he actually did.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
SolarKnight said:
I'm assuming Kusanagi is just an alt right? Because his inclusion would make no sense. Unless they gave him Kyo's rekkas, which would just be weird.
Dunno. Thats what TheAnswer tweeted.

AlphaDragoon said:
Oh, I agree wholeheartedly. I'd be laughing because of how ridiculous it would be. I'm a huge K' fan but there's no way in hell he should have gotten buffed, if he actually did.

If he got buff SNK would be fucking crazy he is already fucking S tier .
God i hope this is not true he already a fucking beast WTF are they thinking.

alstein

I'm betting that was a typo. SNK may have god tier chars, but they never make those characters stronger, they do understand the concept of nerfing and when to do it. With the UM games, they showed they know how to do it also.

If K' really is buffed while the other good chars got nerfed- I can't see how he wouldn't end up banned just like Duo Lon in 2k3.

Looks like Dream Cancel updated their main page to say K' got buffed instead of nerfed. I guess that means it's true, unless TheAnswer was joking around.

Holy crap.

AlphaDragoon said:
Looks like Dream Cancel updated their main page to say K' got buffed instead of nerfed. I guess that means it's true, unless TheAnswer was joking around.

Holy crap.

Welp, maybe we can hope that they're not done rebalancing.

Because a buffed K' is just.......

Speaking of the rebalance, I really hope it's just an option. What good is the console version gonna be to me if all my competition is on arcade and it ends up being different from the console? I know it's pretty much irrelevant to you guys, but I'd never be able to even practice properly for the damn thing any other way =/

Well, arcade update would make everything fine, as long as it's not on Nessica though.

How the fuck can the game be rebalanced when K got buff WTF SNK this better be a fucking joke .
He is the most played char in the game , already S tier , does crazy fucking damage easy and has allot of options .
Man if this true i going to be so piss the fuck off.

Then they nerf Betty bad but buff K this shit better not be true or i not going to buy this game.

piotr47

Banned
I just think every character got the alternate costume in this console edition!

Guys that KoFXIII console seems soooooo good! Can't wait to October!

PS : first post on neogaf, in my favorite thread about my favorite game... Life is good!!

alstein

SolarKnight said:
Speaking of the rebalance, I really hope it's just an option. What good is the console version gonna be to me if all my competition is on arcade and it ends up being different from the console? I know it's pretty much irrelevant to you guys, but I'd never be able to even practice properly for the damn thing any other way =/

Well, arcade update would make everything fine, as long as it's not on Nessica though.

In previous SNK releases normal or arrange gameplay was an option. Unfortunately, folks chose normal for KOFXI when the arrange was a better game.

I'm going to suggest chilling out on K' until more stuff comes in- that could be a typo, or he got a buffnerf and we haven't seen the nerfs yet. Again, SNK has a good track record when it comes to fixing characters.

Temporary insanity on SNK's part aside, this is sounding really good. I wonder if Kusanagi is gonna have Kyo's rekkas? If anything, I'd say give Kyo back rekkas and make Kusanagi play like arcade XIII Kyo.

alstein said:
In previous SNK releases normal or arrange gameplay was an option. Unfortunately, folks chose normal for KOFXI when the arrange was a better game.

I'm going to suggest chilling out on K' until more stuff comes in- that could be a typo, or he got a buffnerf and we haven't seen the nerfs yet. Again, SNK has a good track record when it comes to fixing characters.

They have a good track record but it always takes a while .
God this really has me angry cause i do play KOF13 and K is super crazy .

If they bring back a Kyo with rekkas it better be close to the NGBC version :T

alstein said:

XI is the only one with that mode though, isn't it? So it's not as if we can be sure it'll be the same this time. I just find it odd that they haven't made any mention of it. Also, did it really end up better? I could've sworn I've heard otherwise.

alstein

SolarKnight said:
If they bring back a Kyo with rekkas it better be close to the NGBC version :T

XI is the only one with that mode though, isn't it? So it's not as if we can be sure it'll be the same this time. I just find it odd that they haven't made any mention of it. Also, did it really end up better? I could've sworn I've heard otherwise.

The UM games had it, you could choose between 98 and 98UM. KOF 2k3 on PS2 had it also.

As for XI, it fixed Gato, who was every bit as bad as K' is in XIII, if not worse- he had frame advantage on every single normal.

alstein said:
The UM games had it, you could choose between 98 and 98UM. KOF 2k3 on PS2 had it also.

As for XI, it fixed Gato, who was every bit as bad as K' is in XIII, if not worse- he had frame advantage on every single normal.

I'd consider the UMs different games from the originals though, that's more of a 2in1 deal. Didn't know about 2k3 though. Yeah, I remember hearing they nerfed Gato, but I also heard that in the process they broke more stuff, can't remember where I heard it though.

SolarKnight said:
I'd consider the UMs different games from the originals though, that's more of a 2in1 deal. Didn't know about 2k3 though. Yeah, I remember hearing they nerfed Gato, but I also heard that in the process they broke more stuff, can't remember where I heard it though.

I also think the UM are different games but the time 98um came out i had 2 version of KOF 98 already .
You had the option to change it but it's not like i would have bought 98 back again if it was not for the upgrade .

piotr47 said:
I just think every character got the alternate costume in this console edition!

Guys that KoFXIII console seems soooooo good! Can't wait to October!

PS : first post on neogaf, in my favorite thread about my favorite game... Life is good!!
I like the avatar to, welcome :D

Looking at Saiki, he looks like an Ash headswap as expected, with a mix of what appears are Ash's moves and some of his own. We need more footage of him :T

Top Bottom