• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Guardian E3 demo impressions

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
A Ueda designed VR game could be pretty damn incredible and a big get for PSVR as I'm assuming he'd just keep working with Sony and they'd give him access to everything in relation to their work on VR.

SomTervo

Thanks for the bump - how did I miss this thread.

Edit: Judging from how tight-lipped they've been about their games in the past I think it's unlikely.

ScOULaris

Aw, man. I thought this thread got bumped because of new screenshots or news. Either way it's just another excuse to talk about the fact that we're a mere TWO MONTHS AWAY from this game's release. It's gonna be surreal when I first boot up TLG on October 25th.

I absolutely plan to buy a PS4 for this (and other games once finished). This game sounds amazing, have been eagerly waiting since 2009 on PS3.

This is the most recent "update" on the game I could find. Sony released new screens on the 15th and "guaranteed" the October release... Looks like we're still a go. So excited for this!!

http://www.mobilenapps.com/articles...he-last-guardian-release-date-screenshots.htm

Yeah, man. Get excited! It's really happening!

I've been thinking about how much time has passed without a release from Fumito Ueda and the fact that our long wait for The Last Guardian is about to come to an end, so I decided to make a video to commemorate the unique path that Team Ico has taken over the course of their existence within the industry. My main goal for the video is to get fans excited about the upcoming release since I feel like discussion about the game has mostly slowed to a drizzle despite the release being so close.

The Last Guardian - Nearly There

ironcreed

Banned
I have to decided to take a wait and see approach on this game considering it's troubled history. Hopefully they pull it off.

ScOULaris

I have to decided to take a wait and see approach on this game considering it's troubled history. Hopefully they pull it off.

I really believe that it will be a good game. Despite the development troubles that delayed its release for so long, there's no way Fumito Ueda (a known perfectionist) would allow the game to release in a compromised state. I have faith in Team ICO (now genDesign).

Kyonashi

I've been thinking about how much time has passed without a release from Fumito Ueda and the fact that our long wait for The Last Guardian is about to come to an end, so I decided to make a video to commemorate the unique path that Team Ico has taken over the course of their existence within the industry. My main goal for the video is to get fans excited about the upcoming release since I feel like discussion about the game has mostly slowed to a drizzle despite the release being so close.

The Last Guardian - Nearly There

Honestly this just reinvigorated my hype 100%. I don't give a shit about the framerate or graphics, I played ICO + SotC well after the fact. But I have absolute faith in Ueda to deliver an emotional experience.

ScOULaris

Honestly this just reinvigorated my hype 100%. I don't give a shit about the framerate or graphics, I played ICO + SotC well after the fact. But I have absolute faith in Ueda to deliver an emotional experience.
Great! That was my main intention when I made the video: to renew people's excitement for the game's upcoming release. We're so close!

SomTervo

Definitely. Like, even SotC's simulation was underwhelming in a couple of ways (frame rate mostly) but that didn't stop it being a god-tier experience.

I personally think Inside is of a similar calibre. It has flaws and you can have reservations about the game in various ways - but as the sum of its parts, as an experience, it is a masterwork.

Kyonashi

Great! That was my main intention when I made the video: to renew people's excitement for the game's upcoming release. We're so close!

I wish they'd show it at PlayStation meeting, honestly. Positioning it as 'that game you've been waiting for which is almost here' and showing the older games really tugged my heartstrings.

I have some fantastic memories of playing SotC in my university dorms, people along the corridor used to come hang out just to watch me play. And in my final session, when
Agro sacrifices herself
, a full room of like fifteen people cried out all together. It was amazing.

ScOULaris

I have some fantastic memories of playing SotC in my university dorms, people along the corridor used to come hang out just to watch me play. And in my final session, when
Agro sacrifices herself
, a full room of like fifteen people cried out all together. It was amazing.

That's a cool memory. I also played SotC in college, and after beating it I had to rush over to my girlfriend's work and tell her all about the ending. That girlfriend would go on to become my wife.

Top Bottom