• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

the Last of Us 2 MULTIPLAYER thread

The best weapons in the game were free with maybe one exception - the variable rifle. However, some of the best perks were not free, unfortunately.

A free for all mode would be cool but it would need a very good anti-camping mechanism in order to work - people hiding with molotovs or insta-smoke bombs in hand were frustrating.

Otherwise, I thoroughly enjoyed what TLOU mp was, played it to bits, streamed it to bits. I only wish that they'd have given league and ladder support for that game.
Frontier rifle. 2-hit down and cost 2 points. It's been so long I actually forgot that was a DLC weapon.

While the tactical shotgun never annoyed me that much, it was very strong and very easy to use.

For multiplayer, I would just go play Overwatch or something lol. The first game was pretty short (like UC4), I would want an adventure game to be a bit longer, that would be cool.

15 to 20 hours for a game like TLOU is short ?

UC4 was indeed the same lenght but it was plagued with pacing issues. Nobody wants that for TLOU.

Also there's no correlation between the campaign lenght and the multiplayer so I'm not really sure what you're on about.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
15 to 20 hours for a game like TLOU is short ?

UC4 was indeed the same lenght but it was plagued with pacing issues. Nobody wants that for TLOU.

Also there's no correlation between the campaign lenght and the multiplayer so I'm not really sure what you're on about.

But don't you get it...if there is no MP then the single player is automatically better and longer.

Raboon

Neo Member
I've never been a console multiplayer kinda guy, but since I loved TLOU SP campaign so much I decided to go for the Platinum, and boy did I get hooked on the MP. It is by FAR the best MP experience I have ever had. I usually stop playing a game when I get the Platinum, but no, not this time. It's such an amazing game, and I really hope they don't mess with it too much in the sequel, I'd be absolutely destroyed if they fuck up the Mutliplayer in TLOU2 :(

That being said, I'm totally open for a "hardcore" mode with Clickers roaming the map, would be quite interesting. Other than that, I can't really think of anything new I would like Naughty Dog to add to the MP, the first game did it perfectly.

Top Bottom