• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us about to go gold

spannicus

HlxuEQN.jpg
Soo jelly, jelly enough to beat someone over the head like Joel does in the game.

Some of it is realtime right? Pretty sure I saw a seem-less transition to gameplay in that
car crash
video.
Never. The transition from cutscene to gameplay is really transparent in that scene. Gameplay doesn't look that good honestly when you compare it directly to the cutscene.

The pre-rendered cutscene ends right here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1XageWsg9s#t=1m30s
The next 30 seconds is a realtime cutscene, which looks clearly worse than the pre-rendered one. The real time cutscene then fades into gameplay.

hwy_61

Banned
is that a deal or you have a $20 gc?

No, that's the deal. If you you're a gamers unlocked member(magazine subscription), you get a $20 GC if you preorder one of their select games. They have pretty much all the big titles(TLoU, GTA5, ect.)

delta25

Banned
Never. The transition from cutscene to gameplay is really transparent in that scene. Gameplay doesn't look that good honestly when you compare it directly to the cutscene.

The pre-rendered cutscene ends right here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1XageWsg9s#t=1m30s
The next 30 seconds is a realtime cutscene, which looks clearly worse than the pre-rendered one. The real time cutscene then fades into gameplay.

Again, im positive its all in-engine with the cutscenes having extra effects added to them, I beleve ND did this as well with the uncharted games.

The_Monk

I'm so hyped but at the same time PS Plus is killing all my HDD space for this game, I really need to know what's the size of this game.

DrBo42

I was only talking about the realtime -> gameplay portion which is seamless. The part in the truck is definitely different, didn't think we were talking about that.

Again, im positive its all in-engine with the cutscenes having extra effects added to them, I beleve ND did this as well with the uncharted games.
Yup. Better character models as well. Nothing really changed there compared to Uncharted.

I was only talking about the realtime -> gameplay portion which is seamless. The part in the truck is definitely different, didn't think we were talking about that.
Oh didn't know that. Yes that is all realtime. Similar to Uncharted.

equap

Banned
No, that's the deal. If you you're a gamers unlocked member(magazine subscription), you get a $20 GC if you preorder one of their select games. They have pretty much all the big titles(TLoU, GTA5, ect.)
damn! it's $15 to join...not worth it for me since the last PS3 game i bought was U3.

On a media blackout, pretending the game doesn't exist but the hype is slowly starting to take over. Its uncontrollable. I saw a few more media screens then I would have liked and also read a potential spoiler on Kotaku but I doubt it was real, could be just people trying to cause a some trouble. Otherwise, another successful media blackout in the bag.

Lame.

I figured by now, ND would be experienced enough in developing for the PS3 that pre-rendered cut-scenes would be a thing of the past. Even FUSE has in-engine cut-scenes for crying out loud.

Lame.

I figured by now, ND would be experienced enough in developing for the PS3 that pre-rendered cut-scenes would be a thing of the past. Even FUSE has in-engine cut-scenes for crying out loud.
I think they still do it just to hide the loading. It's only a small detail, but I think it contributed greatly to the "one big seamless journey" feeling Uncharted 2 had.

graywolf323

so if I rent God of War: Ascension from Redbox do I only have access to the demo as long as I have the disc or does it download?

Dingotech

Random question because I haven't been following the game very closely.
Do we know if the game is going to come with an Online Pass?

I ask because I wanted to import a copy into Australia from the UK, but I've got a US region account and any UK online passes won't work with my account.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Random question because I haven't been following the game very closely.
Do we know if the game is going to come with an Online Pass?

I ask because I wanted to import a copy into Australia from the UK, but I've got a US region account and any UK online passes won't work with my account.

I wouldn't doubt it

Vire

I have God of War Ascension, I will not be playing the demo.

Managed to stay on blackout for this long. Almost there...

Top Bottom