• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: One Night Live announced (Live-performance of story)

Barrylad

Neo Member
Wow that was so entertaining. The ranch house scene - my god. Johnson and Baker just killed it. They were tearing up and I nearly was too - and I must have watched that scene 20 times now. What powerful performances. And Gustavo's music was superb as always.

Always great seeing Annie Wersching. Very beautiful, very talented. I think she, Merle Dandridge and Hannah Hayes could reprise their roles in the TLOU film.

BkMogul

I was finally able to watch this, and wow. Troy Baker is way too good to not be super famous. He can act, voice act, sing, perform live, and he's incredibly good looking to boot. Seriously.

I agree about Baker. The guy's got leading-man Hollywood looks. Multi-talented guy. Nevertheless, He'll be busy with all kinds of work until he decides to hang 'em up.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
16afc853baf6b65b37ede84c6e40e546.png

Clickbait. All it is, is a summary of what happened, credited to GAF. I wouldn't be surprised if they did put up a video going against Druckmann's wishes though.

I'm surprised they didn't have anyone in attendance for their own account

ccgear

Banned
We need GAFfers reporting from the floor

I'm more of a lurker and don't post that much at all. But we were sitting in the second row (lucky to be VIP) and the first row was empty for the camera team to move for the internet feed.

Palocca's summary looks good to me and man what an amazing evening! We stayed pretty much to last call and closing time. Thanks to Naughty Dog for putting this all together for the fans. Amazing!

(I'll go back to lurking now).

Faithless

For the record, they had the in-theater cameras running during the epilogue -- so the footage exists. I can't imagine it won't be released as something down the line. Maybe just a YouTube exclusive before the next game?

Also, now I have a steel book for a game I repurchased digitally. :(

Ebay shows they're going for 100 bucks with a week left to bid.

GAF, should I keep it or sell it?

StuBurns

Banned
I thought it'd be more extensive, and it was a shame not to see Bill or David, but I enjoyed it, for the most part.

Troy Baker really is a talented guy.

StuBurns

Banned
Yes, the epilogue scene was performed on a full constructed set.
Thanks Geoff. While you're here maybe you can clarify a little about the scene, because there have been conflicting reports? Did it take place four years after the game? Did Neil say it would never be available in any form?

geoffmk

Geoff Keighley
Thanks Geoff. While you're here maybe you can clarify a little about the scene, because there have been conflicting reports? Did it take place four years after the game? Did Neil say it would never be available in any form?

Correct, the new scene will not be released - Neil wanted to make it special for those who attended the live performance.

It's set after the game, but I don't think Neil specified a time period. It's also not a "deleted scene" as some people have reported. Neil wrote it a few weeks ago -- he surprised me with the script over July 4th weekend.

GavinUK86

Correct, the new scene will not be released - Neil wanted to make it special for those who attended the live performance.

It's set after the game, but I don't think Neil specified a time period. It's also not a "deleted scene" as some people have reported. Neil wrote it a few weeks ago -- he surprised me with the script over July 4th weekend.

Oh, so it wasn't written the same time the rest of the game was? That's interesting.

So when did this whole idea for One Night came to be?

One-Shot

Banned

Thanks for the info. I would have loved to see it, but I feel like there have been enough details told that I can well imagine it. Loved the show overall.

Drencrom

Okay thanks for the info, Geoff. Still very disappointed that us other fans couldn't watch it...

Anyway, loved the show!

RedAssedApe

Banned
Well I've been wanting to do something in live theater with games for a while. Neil and I spoke about the idea earlier this Spring and it grew from there. I'm really happy with how it turned out.

i was unsure of the idea when i first read about it but i'm really glad i got to see it live. great job all around.

Darknight

I would have put it more diplomatically, but I kinda see this point of view.

Seriously, I love TLOU, it's *maybe* my favorite game of all time -- The first time I finished it, I was so riveted and sort of distraught that I couldn't concentrate on my work for a few days. As a package -- story, characters, acting -- It's completely unmatched.

After a certain point though I kinda felt like the self-fellating was also becoming unmatched. Constant self/eachother congratulating features with the actors and various people behind the game, movie announcements, and now a live stage performance.

I dunno. I guess the asshole in me is starting to feel like being an asshole. But it is a bit much. At some point you need to just move on.
Yea well you can move on. I enjoy every bit of TLoU. The world is too rich to be left untouched after being done with the game. If you think this "play" shouldnt of existed because ND is so far "its ass", shame on you.

This play is one of the best things I have seen in my gaming years.

The actors were on damn point! The feels of the 'Treading ice scene' and final scene ;_;

And omg at the live alt ending scene.

Well I've been wanting to do something in live theater with games for a while. Neil and I spoke about the idea earlier this Spring and it grew from there. I'm really happy with how it turned out.

That was incredible. Thanks to you and everyone else for doing this

DiresuDR

This was amazing. The actors were absolutely fantastic, really made me appreciate their performance. The music was incredible. The whole thing just reminded me why I love ND and Troy Baker. Absolutely fantastic.

Yeah i was really sceptical at first, but it was really good from the first scene to the last.

So when can we expect One Night of Far Cry 3 ;)

RedAssedApe

Banned
For the record, they had the in-theater cameras running during the epilogue -- so the footage exists. I can't imagine it won't be released as something down the line. Maybe just a YouTube exclusive before the next game?

Also, now I have a steel book for a game I repurchased digitally. :(

Ebay shows they're going for 100 bucks with a week left to bid.

GAF, should I keep it or sell it?

keep it. until my auction is over. ;)

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup

Yeah it turned out great, thanks for putting this together. It sounds weird on paper, but the execution was fantastic. In fact, I'm going to watch the live ost performance again. This was very cool!

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
There was a giraffe plushie on Ellie's bed there.

Anyway, Geoff, tell me they are going to release this scene full HD down the line. It's one thing to read the description online, but the acting of them is so amazing that it'd be a shame not to watch it.

They had to record it.

Top Bottom