• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us - Review Thread [Emargo up, scores in OP.]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zinthar

Initial metascore: 97 (assuming the 93/100 low score info is correct)
Eventual metascore: 96 (someone will give it a 60 or something to generate traffic)

Wynnebeck

Banned
People you have to think when trying to predict these scores. Uncharted 2 itself had over 40+ 10/10 scores and it still only ended up with a 96. 96 should be your highest score because TLoU is not going to get anywhere close to that level of hype.

iratA

Don't get these time-zones? How long till I can read that Edge 10/10 goodness? This game is going to do well, I can feel it in my waters.

antitrop

I'm setting my alarm for 7:45am so I have 15 minutes to make a cup of coffee before sitting down and reading all the glorious reviews.

flattie

94 for me. Can't wait to read some of these interviews today - will provide momentary respite from the brutal E3 hype build up.

lantus

I couldn't help myself, the hype got to me today and I bought to season pass on the store. First one I've ever bought, I hope this game turns out as awesome as I'm hoping! Now to go back into the shadows and continue my blackout. -_-

When the weekend hits plenty of people should have copies you could always find copies of newly released games at your local flea market before the date.

No flea markets over here :/ I live in the Netherlands and streets date are broken to but this is out almost 10 days before it hits the shelves.

I'm feeling tight in my chest due to hype. I don't think I've anticipated a game as much as this in a long time. DELIVER THE GOODS ND!!!

Alarm is set for 6:55
Wake up
Piss for 3 minutes
Chug my Kanteen of Water
Glue my eyes to the screen
Then work 10 hours :/

Hanmik

put me down for a 93 metascore.. (my review was supposed to go up today, but the postman delivered the game late (again), so I have not played the game enough.. will have to wait till after the weekend for my review it seems..)

Going with 95.

If Bioshock: Infinite can reach such lofty heights despite it's overlooked gameplay design, then I would really question the reviewers if such focus will be redirected with this game because of all the hype. I really hope the "high" score gets some sort of meaning not because one aspect of the game resonates with you throughout. I've got a feeling reviewing an exclusive has more baggage than a 3rd party game because the only reaction would be from that game's particular fanbase and not necessarily the console fans itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom