• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Remnant - New Square Enix RPG revealed in GI

ivysaur12

Banned
The Wii will be at the party, I'm sure. I mean, Crystal Bearers is most likely going to be there (has it been annouced to be there yet?), and I'm sure they have something else in the works.

Srider

Banned
Rush Sykes will appeal to JP gamers, and "The Conqueror" for Western Audiences. Game won't force you to choose which character you play.

This is how Japanese developers sees you American gamers!

Ah woo! Ah woo!

Krowley

schuelma said:
If Wii gets some good stuff Saturday then all is good. If after dominating Japan there are absolutely no new announcements....

Yeah, I will be frustrated with square if that happens.

Yoboman said:
I have a hard time believing a high profile 360 game is being made by Square Enix or even a multiplat to begin with (when's the last time that happened?) without an actual confirmation

umm, who says this is high profile...SE released quite a few other rpgs excepting ff...most of them were mouldy cheese though...this sounds like a small project though...they just go and release info, when theyve been holding the big games back

peace

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Krowley said:
Yeah, I will be frustrated with square if that happens.
Wii will probably disappoint only because they'll throw out actual information on games previously announced. Why that will disappoint and scant information about next year's titles will cause people to orgasm, I'll never know.

ethelred

Greenpanda said:
Whoa, pretty cool. Turn-based? New IP? S-E, I didn't think you still had it in you :)

Yeah, Square Enix's second big new IP (after Wonderful World) in the span of as many years. Not bad.

nelsonroyale said:
blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

peace

That's really all I see after every post of yours I read. :/

duckroll

Hey Sallokin, thanks a lot for the information. Is it mentioned anywhere who the actual developers of the game are? Director, character designer, scenario, etc?

Dali

Kandinsky said:
Wii am cry.

Wii is getting DQ Swords.

Is this supposed to be an RPG, or something else? The story isn't that great thus far. Hopefully this will be good and bring a PSX-like Square renaissance.

ivysaur12

Banned
Thoren said:
Awesome! I like how they're having two different characters to appeal to both audiences!

You mean make fun of both audiences. The Conquerer? Come on Square. I want more JRPGs on the 360, but jeez.

I'll still reserve my judgment for screens and movies, but the fact that they're giving two main characters for two different audiences just doesn't sit well with me.

Dali

ivysaur12 said:
You mean make fun of both audiences. The Conquerer? Come on Square. I want more JRPGs on the 360, but jeez.

I'll still reserve my judgment for screens and movies, but the fact that they're giving two main characters for two different audiences just doesn't sit well with me.

Well China and Korea would laugh if Japan tried to call their character "The Conquerer".

ivysaur12

Banned
Wait, didn't SE just say that they're only going to focus on sequels and spin offs? This and It's a Wonderful World.... baiscally the most new IPs that SE has had in a long time.

ethelred said:
Yeah, Square Enix's second big new IP (after Wonderful World) in the span of as many years. Not bad.

That's really all I see after every post of yours I read. :/

the feeling is mutual no doubt...though in your case its more the bleating of a sheep, something like: bah bah bah
internet beef!...

peace

from the sounds of it, its going to be a turn based action rpg with QTEs.. which sounds good to me, im always up for more turn based stuff.

Mrbob

The Conqueror? :lol X360 port confirmed.

Glad to see SE go next gen, even if it means multiplatform.

Yoboman

nelsonroyale said:
umm, who says this is high profile...SE released quite a few other rpgs excepting ff...most of them were mouldy cheese though...this sounds like a small project though...they just go and release info, when theyve been holding the big games back

peace
This has been hyped up for weeks for the Square Enix party. And it's a new RPG IP from Square for next gen systems. It doesn't sound low key at all

Krowley

RevenantKioku said:
Wii will probably disappoint only because they'll throw out actual information on games previously announced. Why that will disappoint and scant information about next year's titles will cause people to orgasm, I'll never know.

The only Squeenix wii titles announed so far are FF:CC and DQ swords.. if the last CC is any indication, it's probably not going to be that great and swords is an on rails RPG... That doesn't sound promising either, although it is a bit interesting to see how it works.

I'm hoping for a much more significant announcement. An FF13 spinoff, Star Ocean, or something that's more substantial.

I'm open to being surprised by FFCC.

Anyway, this is more than enough wii bitching from me in this thread. Maybe one day i will own one of the other two systems so i can enjoy this. I'm glad that it seems to be also coming to 360, which i'll probably own eventually (hopefully soon)

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
IMO I love a little action in my turn-based stuff. I like the hybrid systems the best. They keep my attention longest.

Not SRPGs or anything like that. Plus, there's always Dragon Quest and other RPGs for old school stuff, so it's nice to have like...Square experimenting with new franchises.

Yoboman said:
This has been hyped up for weeks for the Square Enix party. And it's a new RPG IP from Square for next gen systems. It doesn't sound low key at all

I think people have been creating the hype though, SE hasn't commented...any SE register has got people squeeling.

Im interested since its hitting next gen systems

peace

duckroll

Yoboman said:

It has? This is really the first we've heard of any hype at all for this title... and it's in a US mag. What you makes you think there won't be other major announcements at the party? Especially since the new Star Ocean is going to debut there.

So a turn based Shenmue with Marcus Fenix and Squall trying to save the Espers...with achievements?

That's what I'm getting out of this. Does it look great?

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Yoboman said:
How about the important stuff like the name and the system?

The title of this thread said:
The Last Remnant - New Square Enix RPG revealed in GI

Yoboman
smarter than you
(Today, 03:04 PM)
Reply | Quote

So much for that, eh? :p

Turn-based with QTE sounds a lot like some of the context-sensitive elements of Lost Odyssey. Is this going to be Square-Enix's "answer" to that game on the 360, but cross-platform?

Drama!

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
nelsonroyale said:
I think people have been creating the hype though, SE hasn't commented...any SE register has got people squeeling.

peace

...why are you downplaying a next-gen, UE3, multiplatform, NEW IP from Square Enix? What do you want from them?

StevieP

Banned
nelsonroyale said:

peace

Next gen systems? Damn, I don't want to wait another 4 years for more info on this game!

Top Bottom