• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Story (Wii, Mistwalker x Nintendo) Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigiv

Cow Mengde said:
So when the hell are we going to get direct feeds for this sucker. I'm curious to see if this will pull a Xenoblade on people.
Well to be fair, the shitty textures were still apparent in the Xenoblade scans if you actually took the time to look at them. They were just hidden a bit by the low camera angles used in all the shot.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Luigiv said:
Well to be fair, the shitty textures were still apparent in the Xenoblade scans if you actually took the time to look at them. They were just hidden a bit by the low camera angles used in all the shot.
They're clear in The Last Story scans outside of town as well. It definitely won't live up to the hyperbolic comments in this thread.

duckroll

Cow Mengde said:
So when the hell are we going to get direct feeds for this sucker. I'm curious to see if this will pull a Xenoblade on people.

I already said, don't expect anything until E3. I can't remember if I posted this on this thread or the Xenoblade one, but the time it took from the first Famitsu article to turn into direct feed in the form of the site officially opening, was 6 weeks. 6 weeks from the Famitsu article on Last Story, would the be week Xenoblade comes out, and the week before E3. Nintendo is not going to promote two RPGs at the same time, it is much too hard for them, so they'll promote Last Story once Xenoblade is out.

duckroll said:
I already said, don't expect anything until E3. I can't remember if I posted this on this thread or the Xenoblade one, but the time it took from the first Famitsu article to turn into direct feed in the form of the site officially opening, was 6 weeks. 6 weeks from the Famitsu article on Last Story, would the be week Xenoblade comes out, and the week before E3. Nintendo is not going to promote two RPGs at the same time, it is much too hard for them, so they'll promote Last Story once Xenoblade is out.

I meant direct feeds of the screens from the previous issue of Famitsu. Don't they post them on their site a week later? I forgot what they did with Xenoblade, though.

duckroll

Cow Mengde said:
I meant direct feeds of the screens from the previous issue of Famitsu. Don't they post them on their site a week later? I forgot what they did with Xenoblade, though.

They never do that for Nintendo games.

thefro

Probably not even worth posting, but Sakaguchi's blog on the Mistwalker site finally updated.

http://www.mistwalkercorp.com/en/column/index.html

The development of the last story is at its climax. It’s taking longer than I thought. After seeking the new style, I could see many directions of how to strengthen the balance adjustment and system in detail; moreover I would like to try them at some degree. However, just a little bit longer. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I step on the gas quietly and calmly.

I can see that the team members are losing their physical power, so today, Saturday is a day off. I am thankful of having a 2 day weekend. But somehow, I still find myself starting up the build of LS in the morning. It’s just like the sense of I can’t take my eyes off of the sleeping face of a newborn child. Surely, she will open her eyes really soon. I am feeling the button of the controller in my fingertip instead of feeling the breath of the sleeping baby on my palm. (^_^;

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
It’s just like the sense of I can’t take my eyes off of the sleeping face of a newborn child. Surely, she will open her eyes really soon. I am feeling the button of the controller in my fingertip instead of feeling the breath of the sleeping baby on my palm. (^_^;
That is so creepy.

What is it with japanese developers and making creepy statements about their game or characters?

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
In some ways Twitter has demystified Japanese developers... but in some ways the strange pretentious poetry shines through in full force :lol

carlo6529

grandjedi6 said:
That is so creepy.

What is it with japanese developers and making creepy statements about their game or characters?

He is passionate about his work. That is a good thing; for the most part.....

ILikeFeet

Banned
carlo6529 said:
He is passionate about his work. That is a good thing; for the most part.....

it means he wants to fuck the female main. I would :>

Shirokun said:
I thought this was revealed like three weeks ago? Or are you talking about direct feed shots?

direct feed stuff. I'd say around E3.

Aeana

Nothing too interesting on the Jump scan. It's been so long since the last one that I don't remember what was on it, but this one has some info about the hero Erza/Elza and the heroine Kanan.

desu

Aeana said:
Nothing too interesting on the Jump scan. It's been so long since the last one that I don't remember what was on it, but this one has some info about the hero Erza/Elza and the heroine Kanan.

I think everything thats on the scan has been shown in Famitsu or the blog updates previously, only the names Elza and Kanan are really new.

grandjedi6 said:
That is so creepy.

Modern American society is historically abnormal by not finding this acceptable, actually!

The idea used to be that creative works being someone's children, or even pieces of themselves (and not in a metaphorical sense, in a "this is like a vestigial organ I had removed" sense) were considered to be the inevitable eccentricities of a genius mind. You knew a guy was good when he wouldn't sell his paintings, not when he was selling out left and right.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
ShockingAlberto said:
Modern American society is historically abnormal by not finding this acceptable, actually!

The idea used to be that creative works being someone's children, or even pieces of themselves (and not in a metaphorical sense, in a "this is like a vestigial organ I had removed" sense) were considered to be the inevitable eccentricities of a genius mind. You knew a guy was good when he wouldn't sell his paintings, not when he was selling out left and right.
I understand that idea, its just that he said it in such a weird way. Perhaps something was lost in translation.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Rahxephon91 said:
What was wrong with Lost Odyssey?
-Sales
-Not hitting that RPG "zeitgeist".

I bought Lost Odyssey for $10 Canadian new a year after release. :/

I don't expect Last Story to sell and buzz like a post-VII FF... but something like FFI or FFVI... yeah. I'd love that. A real successor.. not to the mega-hype of modern FF... but a new highly-respected player on the RPG scene. That would be ideal.

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
ShockingAlberto said:

I agree with the beginning of your statement but the bolded is simply bullshit.

duckroll

There was a Jump article on Xenoblade about a month after the initial Famitsu article, and 2 weeks before the first trailer on Nintendo Channel. The Last Story seems to be following a similar marketing push, so it looks like the first trailer will certainly be released in the week of E3.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I want to read through this thread proper but I'm enjoying my new approach to games as of late. I completely ignore everything outside of staff involved and the basics of the game and then it gets released and surprises me.

Must resist.

thefro

The couple new pieces of character art are gorgeous.

IMHO, it's a lock that the trailer debuts at E3. Might even have a playable demo.

ILikeFeet

Banned
are these new characters. the male looks like the main character but the female has a different outfit and hair color.

I'd fucker her

jay

Witchfinder General said:
I agree with the beginning of your statement but the bolded is simply bullshit.

The artists who were really the best didn't even commit their visions to the canvas. This ensured that no one could ever buy their work and safeguarded them from selling away a part of their soul like some cheap trinket.

Willy105 said:
Disaster was announced and shown at E3.

As part of a pre-system-release reel of fairly speculative footage of Wii games that were coming "sometime" (and in this particular case, coming more than two years later, ultimately), not a specific moment taken to showcase a specific game that is both a) finished and b) releasing in Japan very soon. Unlike Disaster at E3 2006, NoA have already made a final decision about whether this game is coming here and it won't be shown at E3 unless it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom