• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Story (Wii, Mistwalker x Nintendo) Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

thefro

I see Quark, Jackal, Yuris (maybe Turis), and Manamoa (mightt be Manamia) besides Elza and Kanan.

Cool to see 5 party members at once already and the game looking so nice.

Schlomo

Wow, Canan's body proportions look really weird in that picture. Where are her legs supposed to end? Where's her hip behind that dress? Someone try to make an outline of her body over that picture, that's something I would like to see.

ILikeFeet

Banned
FlashbladeGAF said:
Does it say if thats a cutscene with all of them running together or is it gameplay?

it's both.

I hope there is some control over the party's AI. none wouldn't be a dealbreaker but is a lost of points

wrowa

That we are getting more and more scans recently makes me optimistic that we will see a trailer at E3. The scans look promising, but I really want to see it in movement before further judgement. Make it happen Nintendo!

Akai

Schlomo said:
Wow, Canan's body proportions look really weird in that picture. Where are her legs supposed to end? Where's her hip behind that dress? Someone try to make an outline of her body over that picture, that's something I would like to see.

Really? It's not that hard to picture...

(The brown bits are the tops of her boots, by the way...)

thefro

DoctorWho said:
So when, theoretically, could we expect to see this in North America. I'm going to assume it will get an NA release.

Q1/Q2 2011 is what I'm thinking right now, depending on whether the Japanese date stays 2010 or officially goes back to Q1 2011 with Sakaguchi announcing extended production.

If Xenoblade is Sept/Oct 2010 in NA and Zelda hits around Thanksgiving, that doesn't leave much room for this to drop sim. in NA and Japan.

Morokh

the graphical style of the characters has me a bit worried ( it just has everything I don't like in modern Final Fantasy character design) but in the end it fits just perfectly the artworks we saw, just darker.

E3 can't come soon enough to see more :D

selig

Banned
Dear god, it looks...beautiful!

I love the cel-shading-look that Fire Emblem: Radient Dawn used for its cutscenes. Looks great. And I cant wait for what amateur-artists will do to Kanan, she´s gorgeous :p

Cant come soon enough.

Big B

everyone's hair looks great. Don't like the main character's ruffly white dress with white stockings/socks. WTF man

ILikeFeet

Banned
Big B said:
everyone's hair looks great. Don't like the main character's ruffly white dress with white stockings/socks. WTF man

hey! stockings are hot! but those look like thigh-high boots moreso than stockings

CryingWolf said:
This looks.... Absolutely gorgeous. I am so hyped for this already.

Do we know if the composer is Uematsu? The music on the website is beautiful.

I was able to attend a Q&A a few months back involving Uematsu and asked this very question. His translated reply was "No Comment... (wink)", so I think it's fair to say that besides the music absolutely sounding like him, that yes Uematsu is the composer for The Last Story. :lol

-Oath

Is the character designer from Drakengard working on this? The art is VERY similar.
Im surprised the Wii can pull those graphics off to be quite honest, pretty wild.

The character designs are awesome. 5 battle members is also pretty cool. Never seen that before in a real time RPG. Can't wait for hectic real time battles :D And Kanan is hot.

Dascu

-Oath said:
Is the character designer from Drakengard working on this? The art is VERY similar.
Im surprised the Wii can pull those graphics off to be quite honest, pretty wild.
Yeah, same character artist.

-Oath

Bel Marduk said:
The character designs are awesome. 5 battle members is also pretty cool. Never seen that before in a real time RPG. Can't wait for hectic real time battles :D And Kanan is hot.
She's pretty stacked too :p

-Oath said:

Yes, it's Fujisaka. His artwork has always been impressive to me.

Edit: Beaten. Silly me.

-Oath said:

You know the Gamecube can pull of graphics like this, right?

rs2rebelstrike_051403_gcn_06_640w.jpg

Not saying Last Story looks ugly, but the visuals probably what most Wii games should look like.

batbeg

Bel Marduk said:

Poor unloved Infinite Undiscovery :(

snesfreak

Banned
Man I really REALLY hope this game comes out in the US.
Cow Mengde said:
You know the Gamecube can pull of graphics like this, right?

rs2rebelstrike_051403_gcn_06_640w.jpg

Not saying Last Story looks ugly, but the visuals probably what most Wii games should look like.
Now if only it played as good as it looked, those on foot levels ruined an otherwise good game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom