• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Legacy |Import OT| Where you needn't blame yourself OR God!

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Filmia_head_left.png
logo.png
Filmia_head_right.png

Tis the adventurous tale of the ancient Isle of Avalon, Lost People, the Spirits, and the Star Graal.

Are you wearing pants? Take them off. Not wearing pants? Eat some soup.

Ready?

Now -

HOLD
ON
TO
YOUR
BUTT
!

It's The Game of the Year January Two-Thousand-Fifteen!

The Legend of Legacy!

data.png

Release Dates
3DS (Japan): 2015.01.22
3DS (Rest of world): ( ´・ω・`)
PS3: Never

Scores
Famitsu: It's not crap/Forty

Look at this list of people created though the format of asking questions!

Is this game directed by Masataka Matsuura?
Yes!

Is it designed by Kyoji Koizumi?
Sure is!

Is there beautiful art by Tomomi Kobayashi?
Yes, yes, yes!

Written by Masato Kato?
Yuppers!

Music composed by Masashi Hamauzu?
You know it!

Touched upon by our Gracious Savior Akitoshi Kawazu?
No! But as His Presence has Graced the Many who are Working Upon this game - it's just as good!

IAQs
What are you even talking about?
LOL! It's a Japanese Role Playing Game for the Three Dimensional Shitkicker (from Nintendo. You know those guys! You love 'em!)

Is there any other game coming out today that I might care about?
Nope! None!

What abou
Nope! Nothing! Cancel all plans, get a baby sitter if you have kids, or get kids if you have a baby sitter because Japanese Role Playing Game Pleasure (JRPGP) is going to fly at your face so fast you're going to say something like "That was fairly fast."

Can I maybe get some more information and artwork?

wikipedia.png

Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Legend of Legacy (レジェンド オブ レガシー) is an upcoming Japanese role-playing video game for the Nintendo 3DS handheld video game console. The game is being developed by Furyu in conjunction with multiple staff members who have worked for Square Enix and Level-5 in the past. It is scheduled for release on January 22, 2015.

The game plays as a Japanese role-playing video game.

many journalist

pictures.png

Meurs.jpg
Liber.jpg
Owen.jpg
Bianca.jpg
Garnet.jpg
Eloise.jpg
Filmia.jpg

Wander.jpg

Battle.jpg

quotes.png

FuRyu's output is pretty awful.

I was lead to believe that Unchained Blades was a good game (by GAF) never again.

I never bought the one they localized because i thought we wouldnt get the 2nd one, and i was right

Takao posted a link to an article with the scan in the other topic about this game. Looks a bit Bravely Default-esque in terms of art style.

It will never leave Japan, don't even bother hyping this up.

Sad because it looks really nice.

The music is so epic, ugggggh.

I saw the scans. The main illustration seems drawn by Tomomi Kobayashi. Also, you can select a character between 7 protagonists? This seems like a SaGa inspired game...

Divine Divinity takes the cake.

thatsthejoke

My thoughts exactly.

It isn't.

filmia_header.png

Filmia_head_left.png
Filmia_head_right.png
Filmia_head_left.png
Filmia_head_right.png

Filmia_head_left.png
Filmia_head_right.png
Filmia_head_left.png
Filmia_head_right.png

Filmia_head_left.png
Filmia_head_right.png
Filmia_head_left.png
Filmia_head_right.png

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
A few hours of footage from an unofficial stream can be found here and here.

I bet the game is going to be terrible and boring.

Time to clear some space in my SD card for this game. Pretty sure I'll play this for 1 or 2 hours then goes straight into my backlog bin lol

Saw someone doing a stream of it earlier this morning. Game looks so much fun to play. I certainly understand where the Bravely Default visual comparisons come from.

Thoraxes

FYI for anyone who loves beautiful music composed by Masashi Hamauzu, i'm importing this bad boy so hard:

OSTOTY 2015 BELIEVE

Thoraxes

Here's some transparent character pics from the official site without a watermark (if you care to update them in the OP).

As soon as someone confirms that there is no Battle/Event Rank shitshow which punishes you for just fighting random battles and makes you miss a bazillion sidequests I might buy this.

I basically just need confirmation that this isn't as SaGa as it looks.

Verilligo

装甲悪鬼村正;148448018 said:
As soon as someone confirms that there is no Battle/Event Rank shitshow which punishes you for just fighting random battles and makes you miss a bazillion sidequests I might buy this.

I basically just need confirmation that this isn't as SaGa as it looks.

Heathenistic blasphemer. Those who reject the glory of the Ever-Present God Kawazu shall forever find their LP below max. May your wheel always spin poorly!

No, but seriously, what the hell, Minstrel Song.

Faustek

Holy hell. This is really a SaGa game just not dickriding a name.

Romancing SaGa on the PS2 system? Foes get stronger the more you defeat?

If this doesn't come west I'll be at a loss of the meaning of life.

I'm still not really sure how I feel about Pop Up being used as an aesthetic, but the Romancing SaGa 1 atmosphere will hopefully compensate for it.

Also the OP has a shameful lack of Tomomi Kobayashi art.

Labadal

Watching the stream Hasemo linked to despite knowing any Japanese. The music. <3

People actually move around in town. The town music, it is made out of pure love.

The victory fanfare... yes... yes...

Haha, streamer just entered Ruins of Valley.

Boss in Fire Cave Theme. My ears are melting.

Froggy died! Why??? Fire boss a frog hater confirmed. Froggy dead again. Froggy got the finishing blow.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
FYI for anyone who loves beautiful music composed by Masashi Hamauzu, i'm importing this bad boy so hard:

OSTOTY 2015 BELIEVE
are you asking for me to rig the votes this early

This game's soundtrack is super-hot. Tell the plane to get here with my game faster, pls.

What are you even talking about?
LOL! It's a Japanese Role Playing Game for the Three Dimensional Shitkicker

Holy hell. This is really a SaGa game just not dickriding a name.

The OT and this post have me in stitches. That said, this game looks utterly amazing. I really enjoyed what I saw of it in the streams over the past two nights.

apricot

Thought it worth mentioning that my only experience with the Saga series was purchasing Unlimited Saga day one on a whim because I liked JRPGs and thought it looked cool. THAT WAS FUN. Loved the aesthetic tho

Labadal

Thought it worth mentioning that my only experience with the Saga series was purchasing Unlimited Saga day one on a whim because I liked JRPGs and thought it looked cool. THAT WAS FUN. Loved the aesthetic tho

Unlimited SaGa was an abomination and punishment for us sinners.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Unlimited SaGa was an abomination and punishment for us sinners.

No, it was a test. And you, like many of us, failed. It's okay to fail, though. That is the ultimate lesson of our savior, Kawazu.

THIS JUST IN: I can't wait to go pick up my copy today.

RevenantKioku

Literally just got my copy. Will report in a while.

Burt

I've never heard of this game and only clicked in because of the fantastic OT subtitle.

Now, I'm going to go to bed very confused, and hope I can make sense of this thread in the morning.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
*subscriped*

if you guys like it, I'll probably import...but I am reaaaally tight on money and did not plan to buy a game before march ;_;

RevenantKioku

HP refills at the end of battle.
But.
Get knocked out and the character takes damage to their Max HP. They can be targeted while unconscious.
This damage can be restored at inns or camps, and I assume via items I haven't obtained yet.

Since stat gain is SaGa like, some battles might end with no gains, no drops or no HP damage. But since things could be happening behind the scenes, it might not mean the battle was "pointless".

Top Bottom