• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda : 4 Sword Anniversary Edition back on the US eShop (till Feb 2)

Huh?

Neo Member
Wanted to get this but the System Update isn't working. I may need to turn off the firewall or something.

Also, I agree completely with the people saying they want FSA ported to the 3DS or Wii U. I don't have my Gamecube set up anymore, and I don't even remember where my GBA-GC link cable is, so it's more or less impossible for me to play it the way it's designed these days.

BfPmiKkIIAA3Jyk.jpg
HtiR7bD.gif

Doesn't look like Europe is getting it, though...

ZhTxlj5.gif

So, this is local MP only?

Yes, and no Download Play, every player needs their own copy, though this version has a 1P mode.

I thought about it, and I believe Europe will get the game a bit later. They must have chosen different dates for every territory to avoid a server overload like on Christmas.

Would still be nice if they at least gave us a date for Europe.

Jito

Banned
Yes, and no Download Play, every player needs their own copy, though this version has a 1P mode.

I thought about it, and I believe Europe will get the game a bit later. They must have chosen different dates for every territory to avoid a server overload like on Christmas.

Would still be nice if they at least gave us a date for Europe.

Nah we're getting Super Mario Bros Deluxe in a few weeks so I doubt we'll be getting 2 free games in a month.

Kyonashi

Why Nintendo? I jumped out of bed to download the game I most wanted on 3DS, couldn't find it in the store and then heard it was US only.

Why? Why would you do this? :(

That's so bizarre to me. So you can copy to the SD card, but you can't play it from the SD card, so it's strictly for back-up purposes? And is there any way to back-up your saves then? Is that included in the main file?
I think saves are wiped when you move to SD card even (I seem to remember it saying something like that in the system settings). They also got wiped when you transferred to 3DS (oddly enough not all games can transfer some could after a while while other like Flipnote studio never could) due to a few games having buffer overflow exploits.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
maxcriden said:
How is the GCN game, Neiteio? I was thinking of picking it up. Is it any good in SP? I doubt I would go to the trouble of getting link cables for MP.
I know you've not asked me, but I still want to answer by: It's a lot of fun, great level design, well-done mechanics. You can move all Links in formation, so no redundancy either.

maxcriden

I know you've not asked me, but I still want to answer by: It's a lot of fun, great level design, well-done mechanics. You can move all Links in formation, so no redundancy either.

Yoshi, I always value your opinion immensely. Thank you! Is it a decent length SP campaign as well?

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Yoshi, I always value your opinion immensely. Thank you! Is it a decent length SP campaign as well?

It's been almost 9 years since I've played it (it was my first ever review :)), but looking at my old review, it said "24 levels lasting about an hour each", so I guess, with the first few probably somewhat shorter, about 20 hours? Considering Four Swords Adventures is mostly designed like a dungeon, that's really good imo.

maxcriden

It's been almost 9 years since I've played it (it was my first ever review :)), but looking at my old review, it said "24 levels lasting about an hour each", so I guess, with the first few probably somewhat shorter, about 20 hours? Considering Four Swords Adventures is mostly designed like a dungeon, that's really good imo.

That's great! Thanks for the info, I'll check it out ASAP. :)

zigg

Thanks a ton for noticing this. I let friends and family know and my nephews had a blast playing it for the very first time yesterday 😊

pikablu

The only time i saw the game save was when I beat the first boss. I didn't see it save at the final tutorial level although it might have done.

Josh7289

I wish they remade the GC Four Swords, it was a much better game.

Hell yeah it was. It's probably still my most favorite modern (Wind Waker and later) Zelda (though I've only barely scratched the surface of A Link Between Worlds so I can't judge that one yet).

Koppai

It was 11 PM central time last night and I was still able to get it on my other 3DS XL. <_>; I thought it was on Eastern Time.

zigg

I wish they remade the GC Four Swords, it was a much better game.

Hell yeah it was. It's probably still my most favorite modern (Wind Waker and later) Zelda (though I've only barely scratched the surface of A Link Between Worlds so I can't judge that one yet).
It depends on how you played it.

FS was by far the superior multiplayer game. FSA could choke a little in multiplayer, despite being designed for it, but it was very playable in single-player mode thanks to the good formations system. OTOH, FSAA's addition of "single-player" to FS doesn't change this at all; it's a rough afterthought and simply results in a game that's frustrating to play.

Downloaded this on my 3DSXL and both my Nephew's 2DSs. We played for hours! Great fun. I had never tried the GBA version but I did have the GC version at one point.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Wait, they removed it from the eShop completely? Can't even buy it for a few dollars.

Wtf.

I was lazy and missed out :(

Guess I have to wait a year or so? ...

Platy

If you downloaded, there is a 10 coin survey waiting for you on the Club Nintendo for the 1 week impressions on the game

UfShi37.png

maxcriden

This is really fun so far. I just started it yesterday after beating Canvas Curse. It's good stuff. All dungeons, which are the highlight of Zelda games usually anyways. I've done the training area and the first one and a half dungeons (Forest of Trees and Talus Cave respectively). It's kind of like Zelda meets Pikmin. I dig the Minish Cap artstyle quite a bit (and I guess this actually predates Minish Cap, I'm surprised to see). I'm definitely impressed so far. Anyone else playing this in SP?

zigg

I dig the Minish Cap artstyle quite a bit (and I guess this actually predates Minish Cap, I'm surprised to see).
Yeah, both were products of Flagship. This originally debuted in the Link to the Past GBA port. I was playing it with link cables with friends shortly before this came out, actually.

Top Bottom