• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda BOTW SE on Walmart

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
THANK YOU, OP. Third try getting the LE. Sucks I'll have to wait a week, but least I'll actually get it.....hopefully.............assuming the order doesn't get cancelled like with Amazon & Dell...

ReyVGM

I just lost my Amazon Master Edition, so I guess this one will do.

I woke up just to check if amazon had responded me about my mistaken cancellation. I decide to check GAF before going to bed and I come across this thread! Thanks smellycat!

Today I felt as if a girlfriend dumped me after I lost the Master Edition. This will make up nicely for that.

If by any chance Amazon is able to reinstate my order, I'll give this walmart one to someone else.

ReyVGM

No, I paid $130 to nab a SE not too long ago after having my ME cancelled.

Ahh, well, cancel that one and get this one then? Unless you can't anymore?

I know it's angering, but in a few months/years you won't care you overspent.

Vibed

Ahh, well, cancel that one and get this one then? Unless you can't anymore?

I know it's angering, but in a few months/years you won't care you overspent.

Can't really cancel on a Gaffer I already paid lol

I suppose it doesn't matter...ordering an extra either way.

I find it extremely suspicious this thing is still up after 45 minutes. For sure the scalper should have been all over it. I got my order 15 minutes ago. I have a feeling its gonna end up like dell with most people getting their preorders canceled.

Its a bummer I likely won't get it until next week though, if it does happen.

Also.. did anyone try using their credit cards, but got rejected? I could only use my debit card.

Here's hoping amazon gets its preorders up in the next 2 days.. If they do, I'm jumping on it in a heart beat. Even if its regular edition!

I find it extremely suspicious this thing is still up after 45 minutes. For sure the scalpers would be all over it, no? I got my order 15 minutes ago. I have a feeling its gonna end up like dell with most people getting their preorders canceled.

Its a bummer I likely won't get it until next week though..

Also.. did anyone try using their credit cards, but got rejected? I could only use my debit card.

Yea. I have a feeling we're going to see cancellations. It shouldn't be up.

I find it extremely suspicious this thing is still up after 45 minutes. For sure the scalper should have been all over it. I got my order 15 minutes ago. I have a feeling its gonna end up like dell with most people getting their preorders canceled.

Its a bummer I likely won't get it until next week though, if it does happen.

Here's hoping amazon gets its preorders up in the next 2 days.. If they do, I'm jumping on it in a heart beat. Even if its regular edition!

yeah i got a fraudulent charge alert when i used my cred card. had to use paypal

ncslamm

This sounds too suspicious. Unless Walmart has a ton of these. There's people on nowinstock saying they ordered 4.

ReyVGM

I got a message from my bank saying I was charged, so I guess mine won't be cancelled?

I got two messages actually, so tomorrow I got to check if they didn't charge me twice.

yeah i got a fraudulent charge alert when i used my cred card. had to use paypal

went to my bank account online, and my credit card that I tried to use got put on hold. I did several attempts. That credit card got declined though. I'm guessing walmart doesn't want to use credit carts in this scenario.

This sounds too suspicious. Unless Walmart has a ton of these. There's people on nowinstock saying they ordered 4.

walmart didn't place a limit on how many you could preorder.

At least my nintendo switch from best buy seems to be going through.

edit: looks like I'm getting a pending charge for the special edition.. We'll see if it goes through in 2 days!

ReyVGM

I wish I could buy this special edition, this is honestly the first time I'm really disappointed by the pal SE.

You guys got awesome special editions for Bayonetta 2, Wind Waker and many more games. It's about time we got some love too :)

Although, the Switch is region free, so buy the US version if you can.

ReyVGM

went to my bank account online, and my credit card that I tried to use got put on hold. I did several attempts. That credit card got declined though. I'm guessing walmart doesn't want to use credit carts in this scenario.

walmart didn't place a limit on how many you could preorder.

At least my nintendo switch from best buy seems to be going through.

edit: looks like I'm getting a pending charge for the special edition.. We'll see if it goes through in 2 days!

I've checked that nowinstock history page for BotW and it seems there are enough Special Editions since they have been sporadically available in several stores since Jan 13th. Master edition though has never been in stock after that initial availability.

I've checked that nowinstock history page for BotW and it seems there are enough Special Editions since they have been sporadically available in several stores since Jan 13th. Master edition though has never been in stock after that initial availability.

Right, but they usually get sold out within 5 minutes. Hell even earlier than that, because the scalpers use some programs to get their stuff ordered asap.

Something just doesn't feel right about this. It shouldn't last this long, especially when there's no cap on preorders. Walmart will cancel preorders. They likely just forgot to close it and pulled a Dell.

I guess I wouldn't mind too much. Likely getting my switch from bestuby on tuesday. I think its dumb that I'd have to wait a whole week just to play breath of the wild. I want to play it on friday. /:

Vibed

Right, but they usually get sold out within 5 minutes. Hell even earlier than that, because the scalpers use some programs to get their stuff ordered asap.

Something just doesn't feel right about this. It shouldn't last this long, especially when there's no cap on preorders. Walmart will cancel preorders. They likely just forgot to close it and pulled a Dell.

I guess I wouldn't mind too much. Likely getting my switch from bestuby on tuesday. I think its dumb that I'd have to wait a whole week just to play breath of the wild. I want to play it on friday. /:

Again, because I already paid $50 extra, I hope they DO cancel on me so I can prevent the buyer's remorse lol. Not a smart way of looking at things I admit

ReyVGM

I see.

My card was charged (in less than 10 minutes) already, so I really doubt mine will get cancelled I guess. If your card hasn't been charged, then it might get cancelled.

Again, because I already paid $50 extra, I hope they DO cancel on me so I can prevent the buyer's remorse lol. Not a smart way of looking at things I admit

if it makes you feel better.. I canceled my special edition from bestbuy because that visa checkout thing came.. And I never gotten it back.

If this thing ends up being legit.. Why not ask your friend to get it canceled and your money back? He ordered from a store right? He could cancel it before it gets shipped or he could sell it on ebay.

I see.

My card was charged (in less than 10 minutes) already, so I really doubt mine will get cancelled I guess. If your card hasn't been charged, then it might get cancelled.

I got a pending charge, but that doesn't mean its gonna go through. I still have a pending charge from Dell from last week and I got two mails from them that my preorder got canceled. I'll see in two days.. I might end up actually canceling it by march 2nd actually. I don't think I can wait a whole week. lol

Chindogg

Got mine. Thanks for the head's up. Might still give Best Buy a go to get that 20% off if they have any more copies of the SE.

Lucent

I want the case so bad. But I can't justify paying an extra 52 or so just for that (I work there so I'd get 10% off). I'll just have to settle for something lesser.

ReyVGM

Fuck, they cancelled! And here I was starting to feel better. They said the same shit they said to others about some card problems.

This week will see lots of restocks because it's no secret that lots of people pre order with no intention of buying or not having enough funds to buy the item

Master edition copies might go up at 3 am Friday morning too

Cornbread78

They also have them for sale at midnight (in store) for gen pub because pre-orders were not taken for the game:

Xmokjia.jpg

Damn so my order is processing. Looks like I got through

what in the fuck at not getting it until Mar 6 though, even with in-store pickup

whyyyyyyy

They also have them for sale at midnight (in store) for gen pub because pre-orders were not taken for the game:
Yup. Was just at Walmart and saw an empty slot for it behind the glass cabinet. Didnt want to risk missing out on it so ended up paying an ebayer $150 for theirs last week. Not too bad.

For those who just ordered the Se from Walmart.com in the past few days, and have gotten it shipped today.. Did Walmart charge you tax?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Finally shipped for me, but isn't arriving until Wednesday.

& no tax when I ordered, located in Michigan.

Top Bottom