• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild |OT| A Link from the Past

Status
Not open for further replies.

KHlover

Banned

ViciousDS

Banned
My biggest issue with this game is I don't see how Nintendo are going to follow this up. How do you make another Zelda game after this? What direction do you take the series?

I would like some traditional dungeons back......you could miss every chest in a dungeon and not worry about it.........its cool but at the same time its kind of lame.

Also shrines do become tedious

I also would like them to overlook the weapon degration.......at this point I don't even bother exploring outside of looking for shrines because for the most part....why would I want to just find another weapon that may break on me, when I can just get another weapon from enemies that might be better.

I've got the upgrades for the
bombs, the shiekah sensor, and stasis.
However, are their upgrades for
magnesis and cryonis
? Where can I find those?

Double D

Silly question, but how do you ride shields?

I think its - Hold right trigger to bring shield out, then X (jump), then B (maybe A) while jumping. Sorry I can't completely remember. I did it a lot when I first figured it out, then quickly realized it deteriorates your shield and stopped using it. Kind of a bummer

edit: lol, I'm slow and apparently way off

I would like some traditional dungeons back......you could miss every chest in a dungeon and not worry about it.........its cool but at the same time its kind of lame.

Also shrines do become tedious

I also would like them to overlook the weapon degration.......at this point I don't even bother exploring outside of looking for shrines because for the most part....why would I want to just find another weapon that may break on me, when I can just get another weapon from enemies that might be better.

These don't really exist. The best weapons all come from chests.

DrArchon

Question about Wizzrobes:
I know that you can OHKO Fire Wizzrobes with Ice Arrows and Ice Wizzrobes with Fire Arrows, but is there anyway to OHKO an Electric Wizzrobe? I hate fighting them because I can never kill them fast enough before they summon a lightning storm and make me put away all of my good weapons.

Antagon

all you had to do was flip the maze upside down lol

how many weapons did you break?>

Flipping it upside down is kinda hard when playing it in handheld mode :p

The maze itself isn't too hard, except for the ending part. I just rolled the ball until it was near the end, got into the maze and hit it for the last part. Worked fine.

ViciousDS

Banned
actually just checking through the list of weapons on IGN, all the ones with the highest ratings (outside 3 special weapons that I won't say).....have dropped from enemies......so I'm not sure where you are saying chests are the only way to get the best weapons

KHlover

Banned
These don't really exist. The best weapons all come from chests.

Once you play enough enemy weapons also often will have mods and they'll start carrying some of the best weapons in the game. I've gotten a King's Sword with Attack Buff Lv. 2 from a camp of Lizalfos. The ACTUAL strongest weapons in the game (that I know of) also don't come from chests, you craft those.

you meant my Guardian ++ sword that was over 60 attack that didn't come from a chest comes from a chest?

edit: sorry it was an axe

My Guardian ++ sword came from a chest. *Shrug*

My point is just that the random mobs aren't typically going to have the best shit, that seeking out chests is still worthwhile.

Mupod

got my hands on a couple of 36 attack power weapons and felt like a badass until I ran into something that wasn't even taking a sliver of damage per hit from them (a
Lynel
based on what it dropped). It also did 4.75 hearts of damage per hit even with a triple defense buff active, and I only had 5 hearts.

But I killed it anyways because I'm awesome. And persistent. Reward wasn't really worth the effort but this shield is really cool. I feel like the aspect of venturing into areas I'm probably not supposed to be in yet, and conquering them anyways, is the main thing drawing me to this game.

It's funny because I'm so into exploring I'm sitting on 8 spirit orbs and keep getting distracted before I can turn them in...I haven't gotten any stamina upgrades yet, that seems like less of a priority considering what I've been spending my time doing.

ViciousDS

Banned
My Guardian ++ sword came from a chest. *Shrug*

My point is just that the random mobs aren't typically going to have the best shit, that seeking out chests is still worthwhile.

the more you kill mobs the more likely stronger ones show up with weapons. Chests are set for the most part on what they carry....they may scale the attack but any mods that are attached are determined the moment you hit start.

Mobs though will start carrying mods on their weapons like durability up, attack up and more.

Double D

got my hands on a couple of 36 attack power weapons and felt like a badass until I ran into something that wasn't even taking a sliver of damage per hit from them (a
Lynel
based on what it dropped). It also did 4.75 hearts of damage per hit even with a triple defense buff active, and I only had 5 hearts.

But I killed it anyways because I'm awesome. And persistent. Reward wasn't really worth the effort but this shield is really cool. I feel like the aspect of venturing into areas I'm probably not supposed to be in yet, and conquering them anyways, is the main thing drawing me to this game.

It's funny because I'm so into exploring I'm sitting on 8 spirit orbs and keep getting distracted before I can turn them in...I haven't gotten any stamina upgrades yet, that seems like less of a priority considering what I've been spending my time doing.

Ha, by the time I went to cash in my orbs last time I had 16. Got me to the magic number of 13 hearts and I have only done one stamina upgrade (which I feel was well worth it).

Mupod

two quick questions:

1. I have food that gives bonus hearts. Are these refillable or do they just absorb damage and go away?

2. Can I use bonus heart food AND a defense buff? I'm assuming that food buffs don't stack, but I haven't actually tested anything. Can I use attack/defense + warming food?

Fliesen

two quick questions:

1. I have food that gives bonus hearts. Are these refillable or do they just absorb damage and go away?

2. Can I use bonus heart food AND a defense buff? I'm assuming that food buffs don't stack, but I haven't actually tested anything. Can I use attack/defense + warming food?

bonus hearts = yellow hearts

they are similar to Binding of Isaacs grey hearts. Meaning that once they're gone, they're gone.

I'm unsure about multiple food effects. Honestly, i've never tried.

mcfrank

two quick questions:

1.) they go away, but for some reason Miphas grace always brings them back for me.

2.) yea you can stack hearts, stamina, and a buff.

Weebos

Banned
two quick questions:

Food buffs don't stack, but I believe they will stack with bonus hearts.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I think I just ran into a shrine that was way "overleveled" for me. I had gone wayyyyy off the beaten path and gone to a shrine in the middle of a huge body of water by making ice blocks here and there so that I could swim a bit and then rest on a block to restore stamina.

The shrine was a combat-based one where the guy took almost no damage from me and oneshotted me with most hits. I still have only 3 hearts because I got two stamina upgrades first.

I think I'll go back to that one when I have more hearts and better gear.

I'm guessing some of you aren't aware there's a way to exchange heart and stamina upgrades...

I had been told by someone that
only 12 hearts were required to pull the Master Sword
, so once I attempted and realized that I had been given incorrect information, I just hunted down that thing to swap some stamina into a heart container.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom