• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild |OT| A Link from the Past

Status
Not open for further replies.

tariniel

This game is so sick and is just a blast to play. I killed my first walking guardian last night in Central Hyrule. I kited him around some of the broken buildings, chopped off his legs, then charged in for some hits and retreated for cover when the laser was about to fire.

Then I climbed a tower that had a bunch of the stationary guardians at just the right angles to threaten lasers as I was climbing. I threw on the climbing set and booked it up to hide on the ledges to avoid getting shot.

I have about 27 hours played and there's still so much to do. I can't believe it. I think I've only climbed 4 towers in the entire map so far, I have around 36 seeds and 29 shrines found, and only 1 divine beast done
the Zora one.

It's not perfect, the FPS really bothers me on the Wii U version and keeps it from being perfect, but it's still so much fun.

rhandino

Banned
Holy shit! At the cutscene of Zelda in Akkala

So she wanted to be a scholar but was more or less forced to drop that and become a sealing maiden... wow.

extra messy considering that she didnt awake her powers in the Spring of Wisdom that is normally associated with her.

nubbe

breath-of-the-wild-oman-au-shrine-850x560.jpg

We've completed the challenges of the first OT

May the goddess smile upon you all

[OT2] Press X to skip

emb

Holy shit! At the cutscene of Zelda in Akkala

So she wanted to be a scholar but was more or less forced to drop that and become a sealing maiden... wow.

extra messy considering that she didnt awake her powers in the Spring of Wisdom that is normally associated with her.
Kinda made me wonder, maybe if she had stuck with her natural skills in research and academia, they could have found out more about the guardians, and prevented Ganon from taking them over?

Kinda made me wonder, maybe if she had stuck with her natural skills in research and academia, they could have found out more about the guardians, and prevented Ganon from taking them over?

I'm very curious if the DLC story will focus on Zelda herself, whether in the past or present.

Numb

I like that it's there and it does have moments but overall it's pretty meh.

Also
Link better fucking talk in the next one
Link talks to characters
We just aren't allowed to hear it 😏
It's some bullshit tbh
He is his own character while at the same time being a silent player character
Choose one and go all the way dammit

My reasons for opposing voice acting were not contingent on the quality of the voice acting, and I'm not sure any actors could do much with the script,* but yeah, the English VA is terrible, and I continue to think voice acting isn't much of an addition to the Zelda series.

*Every single cutscene related to the main story has been an embarrassment -- all telling and no showing, often with four lines doing the work of one. I think maybe the story structure tempted the writers into bad habits, because outside major cutscenes, they do a good job of bringing the NPCs to life (I especially love the little k
orok trying to complete his trial)
. But the memory scenes are far below series (not exactly towering) standards.

Stalwart

Someone might have to PM current OP if he's the one making the new one cause he isn't reading the thread due to not having the game

So between Dow Na'eh Shrine and Hateno Village on the map is this big dent in the ground I guess. Several small rock creatures started to appear and the only way to destroy them was with bombs. I destroyed them all but nothing happened. Is there anything to this?

So between Dow Na'eh Shrine and Hateno Village on the map is this big dent in the ground I guess. Several small rock creatures started to appear and the only way to destroy them was with bombs. I destroyed them all but nothing happened. Is there anything to this?

I don't know if it's an event or anything but you can also destroy them with a sledgehammer or by picking them up and throwing them.

Danj

I've got myself into a bit of a sticky situation. I've got no melee weapons left (because they all broke), so I can't kill anything to get any new melee weapons to kill things with. Is there anywhere I can go to buy weapons? I found an armor store in
Kalariko Village
(or whatever it's called, I forget the exact spelling) but they didn't have any weapons.

Are there any types of weapons you can get in the early game which don't break or take a really long time to break? I've gotten off the
Great Plateau
with the
paraglider
but not a great deal further than that.

Stalwart

I've got myself into a bit of a sticky situation. I've got no melee weapons left (because they all broke), so I can't kill anything to get any new melee weapons to kill things with. Is there anywhere I can go to buy weapons? I found an armor store in
Kalariko Village
(or whatever it's called, I forget the exact spelling) but they didn't have any weapons.

Are there any types of weapons you can get in the early game which don't break or take a really long time to break? I've gotten off the
Great Plateau
with the
paraglider

If you don't have any weapons, you can always sneak up on some enemies and steal one before they catch on to you.

Numb

I don't know if it's an event or anything but you can also destroy them with a sledgehammer or by picking them up and throwing them.
You can pick them up?
Was always bombing them from a distance
Don't got hammers on hand always and never want to damage current weapons

They drop ore, but bomb blows them away?

PillarEN

Kalariko Village

Great Plateau
with the
paraglider

This early on? Nothing comes to mind. Stuff lies around . It all breaks quickly. Eventually you'll get to some places and remember what weapon spawns there. Really though just pick up whatever you find. Even if it's a tree branch

Kalariko Village

Great Plateau
with the
paraglider

Most stables will have a few weapons lying around. Or use bombs, that often causes enemies to drop their weapons.

You can pick them up?
Was always bombing them from a distance
Don't got hammers on hand always and never want to damage current weapons

Yeah bombing them is probably the easiest way to deal with them but if you don't want to send them flying (like off a cliff where you can't easily get their loot/ore) you can just pick them up and toss them.

Pastry

Banned
Kalariko Village

Great Plateau
with the
paraglider

Maybe go back to the great plateau and grab some tree branches?

Edit: Go to the stable that is on the way to Kakariko village. It's the Dueling Peaks stable (I think?). In the field around the stable there is an area with a shit ton of swords stuck into the ground, claymores I think. There are like 20 of them in a very small area. Should be fairly easy to find, I recall it being a little north east of the stable.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Kalariko Village

Great Plateau
with the
paraglider

Use your infinite bombs to knock weapons out of weaker enemies hands.

rhandino

Banned
Kalariko Village

Great Plateau
with the
paraglider
There are areas that have some weapons lying around.

I sometimes mark them on my map if they are valuable lile the are that has a TON of Soldier Claymores or another that has an bow that shoots 3 arrows

Numb

Kalariko Village

Great Plateau
with the
paraglider
Durability is the real menace of this game
Bombs work to kill people too

Kalariko Village

Great Plateau
with the
paraglider

Bombs.

Use your bombs. One of the reasons they're infinite is so you're never in this situation.

You should be using them even when you have weapons. They're awesome.

Some question light spoilers about shrines and an armor ?

1)
How can I get the orb for the hidden shrine in Kakariko village

2)
There is an hidden shrine near the Gerudo Tower but I don't know how to activate it, they say I need to shot an arrow to the shadow during 3pm but nothing happening

3)
Another Kaas puzzle, he said I need to wait the blood moon and wait on the pedestal to activate the shrine, yet nothing's happening

4)
Upgrading the champion armor is not cheap, does it get something great for that ?

Where is the Zora in the Wife Washed Away quest? I've looked all around Lake Hylia and in a lot of the river.

There is a shrine on the west of the lake, look around

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom