• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild |OT| A Link from the Past

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check the small islands west of the bridge in lake hylia. Lots of lizalfos there. Shes swimming around usually so you might have to swim to her.

She's on one of the small islands just east of the shrine (west of the bridge). When I found her she was standing on the northern edge of the island.

Thanks, could have sworn I checked there before.
All that time for a small reward, oh well.

I am honestly surprised so many people dislike the Zelda VA. I actually think she is good.Far from bad. Mipha sounded a little disjointed, but that could be due to dialogue length changing during translation.

Tbh, the only thing that bothers me about the voice acting is the non-dialogue stuff, like grunts or laughter. It's so obvious they just used the Japanese voices for those and there's a sort of disconnect between that and the spoken English dialogue.

I'm honestly finding the complaints more than a little hyperbolic, although there's still some issues. The voices themselves are fine, but my main problem is that the script doesn't work around the choreography/timing, so there's more than one instance of rushed dialogue. I know it's because the cutscenes were designed for the Japanese language, but it's an uncommon localization quirk that always gets me.

Other than that, it's mainly just "fine." Not NOA's best, but hardly their worst.

On a related note, Sean Chiplock posted an incredibly insightful write-up on voicing Revali/
The Great Deku Tree
. I highly recommend it.

Zelda's dubbed voice sounds a bit too stiff for her character, everyone else is fine.

NoA's had a consistent problem with voice direction for a while with games that have extensive dialogue (Metroid: Other M) or voice clips (Smash Bros.), only exception that has great direction being Kid Icarus Uprising

And Fire Emblem Fates/Heroes. We've come a long way since the dreary days of POR/RD, but voice direction is still Treehouse's Achilles Heel.

Stalwart

I'm honestly finding the complaints more than a little hyperbolic, although there's still some issues. The voices themselves are fine, but my main problem is that the script doesn't work around the choreography/timing, so there's more than one instance of rushed dialogue. I know it's because they were designed for the Japanese language, but it's an uncommon localization quirk that always gets me.

Other than that, it's mainly just "fine." Not NOA's best, but hardly their worst.

It's an awful dub no matter how you slice it. It's something that would be in a PS2 game 15 years ago.

Hydrus

Some question light spoilers about shrines and an armor ?

1)
How can I get the orb for the hidden shrine in Kakariko village

2)
There is an hidden shrine near the Gerudo Tower but I don't know how to activate it, they say I need to shot an arrow to the shadow during 3pm but nothing happening

3)
Another Kaas puzzle, he said I need to wait the blood moon and wait on the pedestal to activate the shrine, yet nothing's happening

4)
Upgrading the champion armor is not cheap, does it get something great for that ?

There is a shrine on the west of the lake, look around

For Number 2

You stand on the circle and when the towers shadow moves on it, it will light up. Aim and shoot an arrow at the tower at that time while you're blinded by the sun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lmmxx4B9bjM

Forkball

Climbed Akkala Tower and I haven't even talked to Impa yet. I was right in front of her house at one point, but I thought, "Maybe I'll do one more shrine..."

Ladekabel

I'm in the
labyrinth
in the northeast corner. Killed the flying Guardians but then there was a blood moon and everything respawned. 😭😭😭

But what the hell am I supposed to do here?

Pastry

Banned
Did anyone even call the OT2?

Someone should just pull the trigger and copy/paste the op from this one. I'm on mobile so I can't.

PillarEN

While we are waiting for OT2 ill share a little story that occurred to me in the game.

I was looking around not too far from Serenne Stable. Searching for a shrine but ended up running into a
rock monster
. First time it happened took him down. Felt good. I then started to rock climb and glide my way the (temple)
Forgotten Temple
. Suddenly in the air above me
Dinraal appears. I'm wowed by his majestic movement. He gets closer. Wow I can really take in his grace. And then his majestic music plays and I'm just taking it in.
then I make my way to the temple and suddenly a shit ton of decayed guardians all lining me up. I just go "nope" and bolt out out of there.

What a bunch of cool experiences within span of 10 minutes.

Timeaisis

I'm in the
labyrinth
in the northeast corner. Killed the flying Guardians but then there was a blood moon and everything respawned. ������

But what the hell am I supposed to do here?

Hint:
The passage to the shrine is on the left side, when you are facing towards the shrine

Solution:
I believe it's the top left path. You need to move a metal block out of the way. You'll find a ladder somewhere near the shrine to climb up.

Got the game on Tuesday. I have put in 10-11 hours so far. After going to Kakariko village and Hateno Lab, I've been just wandered around aimlessly. I've been exploring and activating shrines and towers around the land. Collected 2 memories so far. Also found a shrine that gave me 150 rupees, edge of duality, Knights broadsword, a diamond and an ancient core. The shrine was fairly lengthy taking me 20-30 minutes to complete. Also managed to avoid all of the guardians and explore around Hyrule Castle Town Ruins where there were even more rupees, diamonds, specialty arrows, etc. to collect. I am still really early on so it's nice to get a bunch of rupees and high level weapons so early. However, now I don't want to waste my high level weapons on basic enemies.

Pinky

Banned
So, |OT2|...

mkhFnmC.gif

The Yiga Hideout makes me not want to play this game. Fucking one shot wind strikes from the big guys when they spot you because of the crappy detection.

Wandered into a labyrinth, that was confusing but I got 2 golden weapons, 300 rupees and some armor in the shrine after going around in circles heh

I don't get complaints about the Yiga section of the game at all, are people forgetting the crouch button or something?

I'm surprised by this as well. Maybe they're just forgetting to
throw the bananas?

In any case, stay strong mere_immortal. You can do it!

Ladekabel

Hint:
The passage to the shrine is on the left side, when you are facing towards the shrine

Solution:
I believe it's the top left path. You need to move a metal block out of the way. You'll find a ladder somewhere near the shrine to climb up.

Thanks. Found the way while running over the walls and evading the respawned guardians.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom