• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild |OT2| It's 98 All Over Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrArchon

I don't even think mine reacts to Shrines. Only seems to point out big hearty radishes ever since I done that quest at the tech lab. No idea how to change it.

Press Y on the map screen to either turn it off, set it back to shrines, or set it to whatever you picked from the compendium.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I don't leave shrines ever until the chest icon appears on the map. This is precisely why. Very often, that last chest ends up having something very precious in it.

Mo no, I missed the shrine. It was like in a canyon on a ledge, in a place I had already been and wasnt going back anytime soon. :)

Im not leaving shrines withiut the chest icon either, hence that tempered power one killing 45mins of my life...and my soul ;_;

Nintendo has monetized most of my Zelda videos (which I upload just for friends to watch and not really for a wide audience). If I joined their creator's program, can I turn monetizing off the videos? I don't want any ads on it and don't want to monetize the videos as the most amount of views it's going to get is about 10.
You can't turn off ads by joining
I only get about 10 views myself lol

Forkball

Cool looked up where to get the
climbing bandana
(my missing piece) and im glad I did because I would never have found it, its in a
shrine
where I already was and didnt find it and probably would never return there.

I got this too after 60 hours and all dungeons beaten. I saw so many videos of people having it early on but I never came across it. I think because I took the lower path so I never saw it.

I just cracked 100 last night too! *high five*

I ended up turning to a guide as well once I hit the mid-70's. I already beat Ganon when I hit the mid 60's, but I hadn't yet found all of the memories. I'm curious if the ending will change, so I plan to kick his ass again after I've found all of the Shrines (I already rounded up the memories).
I am so tempted to go to the end but I want the shrines

Krakatoa

Probably posted already, but it saved me burning through food to recover my hearts when I was cold
If you equip a fire weapon it keeps you warm, thus saving the need for elixirs etc. I never use the sword for fighting only travelling in cold areas :)

Cause people also didn't realize you can stasis your way in. Its way easier segment then people realize. People suddenly forget you still got all the BOTW mehcanics available in a stealth segment
Wow, didn't even think of that. But honestly this area was pretty easy when I realized you can just use the catwalks above the big room to bypass all of the guards.

CrazyHorse

What are the most Zelda-esque parts of the game? The ones that feel like Zelda games in atmosphere?

For me they have been
Goron City
and
Lost Woods

I just went through the videos (thumbnails) which iJustine has uploaded to Youtube, and I don't see any which look to have Zelda footage?. How the hell has yours been flagged?.

She has 5 videos in a playlist called 'Gaming' and no Zelda in there. The majority of her videos are tech/lifestyle bullshit.
they are claiming 40 seconds of my video lol enough to put ads on the whole thing

Anyone else find themselves wanting to do as much as possible BEFORE going to fight Ganon?

I'm at 60 shrines and four memories. I will not touch Hyrule Castle until I've sufficiently explored every province and got at least 100 shrines and all memories.

I'll be over-powered by the time I get to him but I'm ok with that. I like dominating final bosses. I did damn near every single side-quest in Xenoblade Chronicles and just ran right through the final battle - l loved it.

kadotsu

Banned
What are the most Zelda-esque parts of the game? The ones that feel like Zelda games in atmosphere?

For me they have been
Goron City
and
Lost Woods

I feel like the G
oron City is the biggest missed potential of the game is indicative of a larger shortcoming in general in BotW. You have the city and two mines but both are above the ground and you only have some small cave-ish areas. BotW's map is too convex (a complete lack of large cave structures) for me and thus loses a lot of exploration potential. Imagine if you climbed down into a large cave, lit by giant light stones and lava to discover the Goron city and mines and fought your way through larger caves just to emerge in the death mountain crater to fight the divine beast.

Zedark

Anyone else find themselves wanting to do as much as possible BEFORE going to fight Ganon?

I'm at 60 shrines and four memories. I will not touch Hyrule Castle until I've sufficiently explored every province and got at least 100 shrines and all memories.

I'll be over-powered by the time I get to him but I'm ok with that. I like dominating final bosses. I did damn near every single side-quest in Xenoblade Chronicles and just ran right through the final battle - l loved it.

I am doing the same. I just wander around without feeling a real push to finish the story quests - I'd rather enjoy the emergent gameplay that arises from travelling around Hyrule.

I do but not going for 900 seeds
This too of course lol! Can't fathom gathering 900 seeds, I only have 60 after 65 hours of playing.

I do but not going for 900 seeds

tkscz

You can't turn off ads by joining
I only get about 10 views myself lol

Well, for someone not monetizing, there isn't really a point to join. Hell, I get more protection from some rando taking down my video because of YT's crap copyright system with Nintendo putting monetizing rights on them.

Regginator

How many great fairies are there in the game? I've played around 80-90 hours, uncovered the whole map
but only found three so far.

This is simply one of the best and most rewarding games I've ever played. The sense of discovery and adventure is something unique and I can still loose hours exploring even after playing for three weeks.

Four. I found them in this order:

-
North of Kakariko Village
-
South of Tarrey Town/Akkala Lake
-
South of the Tabantha Tower
-
In the south west of the Gerudo Desert, inside the Great Skeleton

Yeah, I honestly feel no real draw to go to the castle at this point. I want to see everything in the world and build my character up. There are so many weird little corners of the world that need to be explored.

Just finished my second dungeon and have no idea what Korok seeds are for. My friend says he started using them before hitting the first village and I'm apparently at a fairly large disadvantage.

Alrighty, then. I guess that's the beauty of this game. Everyone's experience is different. Now I'm wondering if I should google where to spend the damn things or just live with what I have...

Raw64life

Just finished my second dungeon and have no idea what Korok seeds are for. My friend says he started using them before hitting the first village and I'm apparently at a fairly large disadvantage.

Alrighty, then. I guess that's the beauty of this game. Everyone's experience is different. Now I'm wondering if I should google where to spend the damn things or just live with what I have...

They
expand your inventory
. You should've met the guy fairly early in the game, on the way to Kakariko Village. Can only assume you didn't take the conventional path.

Raw64life

Completed all 120 shrines yesterday. I was pissed that the very last shrine I needed happened to be the one where you
have to wait for a blood moon as I had recently seen one and had to kill a ton of time before the next one

I got 103 on my own before needing to look the rest up. Almost all of them were behind walls you need to bomb and shrines that were extremely low to the ground and tucked behind crevices and what not. Fortunately I also by chance happened upon a major test of strength shrine that I previously discovered but didn't beat and forgot to mark on my map.

I have 59 side quests done at the moment. I'll probably try to wrap those up and then beat the game again and that will be it. No 900 korok seeds for me. I'm at 90 hours now and will probably get close to 100 by the time I'm completed done. I've always preferred Mario to Zelda but I don't know how Odyssey can top this for GOTY.

CrazyHorse

Alrighty, then. I guess that's the beauty of this game. Everyone's experience is different.

Sometimes I get the feeling that my experience is inferior to others because I see people doing things that I didn't know even existed.

I guess I need to explore more and get involved with little distractions.

void666

Banned
Late to the party. I have a few questions.

Should i keep rocks, diamonds, gems etc? Or just sell everything?

I tamed a horse, i think, but i lost it somewhere. Whistling does nothing. How can i keep my horse?

tkscz

Only 12 more shrines until I
can get the master sword
but suddenly the damn things are hard to find.

Can someone help me with the shrine quest you get in Hateno from the lady who stands by the pond? The one about the three trees on top of the mountain. I can't figure out what it's talking about.

CrazyHorse

I tamed a horse, i think, but i lost it somewhere. Whistling does nothing. How can i keep my horse?

Take it to a stable and register it. Then when you lose it you can pick it up at any stable in the game.

kadotsu

Banned

Keep at least 10 Sapphires and Rubies and 6 Star Fragments. Never sell Giant Ancient Cores. You will drown in gems after you beat the 4th divine beast.

jokkir

Bring the horse to a stable, and it'll appear on your world map. Then you need to be in close-ish proximity to call it

burgerdog

93 Shrines found
All memories found
Free'd the four beasts

obama.jpg

The game is still as fun as it was the first time I boot it up. Going to attempt to find some more shrines and finish the side quests I have in my log before I go for the last boss. Game is amazing.

void666

Banned
Take it to a stable and register it. Then when you lose it you can pick it up at any stable in the game.

Keep at least 10 Sapphires and Rubies and 6 Star Fragments. Never sell Giant Ancient Cores. You will drown in gems after you beat the 4th divine beast.

Bring the horse to a stable, and it'll appear on your world map. Then you need to be in close-ish proximity to call it

Thank you!!!!

They
expand your inventory
. You should've met the guy fairly early in the game, on the way to Kakariko Village. Can only assume you didn't take the conventional path.

Yeah, I should probably just look up where this dude is.

Sometimes I get the feeling that my experience is inferior to others because I see people doing things that I didn't know even existed.

I guess I need to explore more and get involved with little distractions.

I've spend some time wandering that led to nothing and spent some time wandering that led to some of the best gaming experiences I've had in a while.

tkscz

Yeah, I should probably just look up where this dude is.

I've spend some time wandering that led to nothing and spent some time wandering that led to some of the best gaming experiences I've had in a while.

He appears at most Stables in the game. Go to any of them and he'll be at one of them (time of day has an effect).
Honestly, not sure if he'll show up if you didn't meet him on the back entrance of Kakariko (yes I know I spelled that wrong) village. You have to get his maracas back from some bokoblins in order for him to expand your inventory.

He appears at most Stables in the game. Go to any of them and he'll be at one of them (time of day has an effect).
Honestly, not sure if he'll show up if you didn't meet him on the back entrance of Kakariko (yes I know I spelled that wrong) village. You have to get his maracas back from some bokoblins in order for him to expand your inventory.

Weird, I think I did go
the back entrance, but didn't see anyone.
I'll go back and look around.

pringles

Same here. 110+ hours, 70+ shrines, 170+ korok seeds, all divine beasts down and all but one memory.. still not really feeling like I'll go to hyrule castle anytime soon. Still have two big regions of the map almost completely untouched (SE & NW), still finding tons of new stuff everywhere I look.

Regginator

You spelled that just fine though

I originally missed the guy who exchanges the seeds also. You're gonna love him lol. You can find him by
heading into Kakariko Village by taking the path north of Dueling Peaks stable. Hetsu will be on the right side as you follow the path up the mountain.

I originally missed the guy who exchanges the seeds also. You're gonna love him lol. You can find him by
heading into Kakariko Village by taking the path north of Dueling Peaks stable. Hetsu will be on the right side as you follow the path up the mountain.

Cool, gonna do exactly this tonight. Thanks!

last night I was at this little quiet pond full of treasure but holy shit I almost crapped my pants when so huge thing came up mocking me off my ice block

I have a video save I'll need a gif

What does she do that the others don't?

each subsequent fairy you unlock ups the level to which you can upgrade your gear.

If you've only found one fairy, you can only upgrade anything once. If you want to max out a piece of gear, which is absolutely worth the effort, than you need to find all four fairies to be able to upgrade all four levels.

Forkball

I'm not fighting Ganon until I clear all 120 shrines and upgrade the armor I want to four stars. I already got the memories and the Master Sword. I would recommend that you raid Hyrule Castle once or twice though. It is an intense area with a lot of great loot and things to discover. It's probably more fun to visit the weaker you are.

tkscz

Weird, I think I did go
the back entrance, but didn't see anyone.
I'll go back and look around.

There are 4 ways into Kakariko, so saying back entrance may have been the wrong way to word it.
He's at the entrance that comes up from a mountain, at the bottom of said mountain is a small bridge and it's fairly close to a stable. IIRC the other entrance goes through a canyon, the other leads to the great fairy and the other is behind all the houses. Those last three are not where he's at.

graffix13

Got my Switch on Saturday and started playing this game then. I haven't owned a Nintendo console since....The SNES.

I watched my brother playing this on his Wii U and it took me about 10 minutes of watching him to know that this game was special and I needed it.

I only a few hours into this so far but...Damn. What a game.

each subsequent fairy you unlock ups the level to which you can upgrade your gear.

If you've only found one fairy, you can only upgrade anything once. If you want to max out a piece of gear, which is absolutely worth the effort, than you need to find all four fairies to be able to upgrade all four levels.
I was not sure how it worked this is worth it

Durden77

I think you got it, but I'm wondering how you know where a stable is if you're so far away you can't even see it.

Edit: Wait you can place pins from the map screen

You can? I'm not able to "select" certainly labndmarks to drop pins like stables. Which makes them annoying to get to as I just have to keep checking the map to see if I'm going the right way.

I didn't realize you could set pins normally through the map though.

Neoweee

I'm not fighting Ganon until I clear all 120 shrines and upgrade the armor I want to four stars. I already got the memories and the Master Sword. I would recommend that you raid Hyrule Castle once or twice though. It is an intense area with a lot of great loot and things to discover. It's probably more fun to visit the weaker you are.

You are probably killing fun and pushing yourself towards burnout if you set a goal like that. It is like beating Emerald Weapon and Ruby Weapon before fighting Sephiroth.

Arguably, the 3-start upgrades break the game completely, let alone 4-stars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom