• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D |OT| of |OoT|

Most of my beloved games were before the PS2 which were on NES,Genesis,SNES, Gameboy and Gamegear <- Loved this era since most games even the ones based on a license were good.

Back to the topic The Master Quest is making my head spin.

KevinCow

Banned
KYqB3.jpg

Medalion

Banned
KevinCow said:
Cute

But I think Princess Ruto drew that once while she was going around on her many trips insijde...and who wouldn't wanna play Boomberang with Jellyfish on the inside in case ya got bored?

So it's looking like this game will finally arrive later today. Haven't played this game in many years and I'm getting all excited just thinking about playing it in 3D. My body is ready.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Christ the 3D is intense. Probably moreso than Pilotwings.

Medalion

Banned
EatChildren said:
For the few moments I can get 3D to sync with my vision, yeah it's quite deep... I feel like there really is another world behind that screen... :O :O :O

Shoogoo

Phife Dawg said:
*scratches head* There are shittons of great pre-PS2-era games. Quake 3 for instance is still one of the best FPS multiplayer experiences ever created (best for me but there are those UT plebs out there and I don't want to hurt their feelings).

I'll face them with you if needed.

I noticed you can go to your bed in Kokiri Forest and replenish your hearts and magic. Too bad it's so out of the way. I need a place to replenish my magic close to the shadow temple.

onipex

Just got my copy today. The game is as great as I remember and the 3D is very cool.

I wonder if Skyward Sword will explain the story behind the Great Deku tree. If people only live in the sky because the land below is full of evil that has to mean the tree wasn't planted since it wards off evil.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Oni Link 666 said:
I noticed you can go to your bed in Kokiri Forest and replenish your hearts and magic. Too bad it's so out of the way. I need a place to replenish my magic close to the shadow temple.

Save outside and turn your system off. You'll "spawn" in your treehouse. Still a ways back to the Shadow temple; but at least you cut your trip in half.

Medalion

Banned
onipex said:
Just got my copy today. The game is as great as I remember and the 3D is very cool.

I wonder if Skyward Sword will explain the story behind the Great Deku tree. If people only live in the sky because the land below is full of evil that has to mean the tree wasn't planted since it wards off evil.
The Butler's Son in Majora's Mask grows up to become the Deku Tree :O

Dr.Hadji

Just beat
King Dodongo.
Playing it again, he has got to be the worst boss in the game and possibly the entire series (of the top of my head anyway).

The more I play it the more I love this game again.

Shoogoo said:
I'll face them with you if needed.
*high five*

I'll ready the railguns :)

DXB-KNIGHT said:
Most of my beloved games were before the PS2 which were on NES,Genesis,SNES, Gameboy and Gamegear <- Loved this era since most games even the ones based on a license were good.

Back to the topic The Master Quest is making my head spin.
So very true, especially the Disney licensed properties were great...Quackshot, Castle of Illusion, Aladdin etc. Ah, good times.

mooooose

Got the game yesterday, I'm up to Jabu Jabu.

I played the young part a couple years ago after getting the game from someone who was throwing it out. On N64, the game is limited by very poor performance, a vaseline filter, and pretty bad graphics. Overall, the game looks more brown and ugly than any game this generation.

But on 3DS, all those problems went away. There is seemingly no change in any of the content, proving that underneath it's rough and dated exterior was a game that set a standard so high it still hasn't been surpassed. The content has always been there, but finally, it's all playable. The graphics are adequate and will stand the test of time through a unique style between OoT and WW, it runs at a rock solid 30fps, and looks stunning on the 16:9 screen in both 2D and 3D (which effectively is a super widescreen, allowing you to see more on the same screen compared to 2D).

It's perfect. I really think this is one of the most perfect games I've ever played and this port or remake or whatever it may be takes a game chock full of perfect content, playable only through nostalgia, and makes it timeless. I can't wait to revisit this game over and over like so many have, because I'm already enjoying the fuck out of it.

swerve

EatChildren said:

It's intriguing how everyone sees this stuff differently.

I always play at full, and Pilotwings makes me recoil and adjust positions until I can find the 3D settling down and merge the images together, even with the whole game cleared it hasn't clicked in.

Conversely, I've done 15 hours of Ocarina on max and never had to adjust my position due to 3D focus at all. It seems totally natural by comparison to PW.

Mistle

Here's some pics I found online of the Ocarina in the Australian special edition:

tEw0A.jpg

Tyhf1.jpg

And a link to the companies website with the Ocarina for individual sale: http://stlocarina.com/ztenorpl.html
Here's a link to extra sheet music and instructions: http://stlocarina.com/ebgames.html

It's definitely plastic, but looks much better than the Greece preorder one. In unimportant observations, I'm glad they fixed the Triforce. I was upside-down in the advertisements, lol.

If only it was this, though: http://stlocarina.com/ztenor3dis.html

EDIT: Here's a video of it being played. Same Ocarina, just without the Zelda branding:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBE-9noVp34

Sounds pretty good to me. Compared to MIDI that is, haha.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Club Nintendo Australia is telling me my OoT 3D code is expired.

What?

EDIT: Probably because the game is ~week away.

Neo Child

Banned
I WANT THAT OCARINA. WTF.

my sister bought one that looks like the OoT but not the same one.... thats cool as fuck, why doesn't UK get that? we sometimes get cool shit =[

Neo Child said:
I WANT THAT OCARINA. WTF.

my sister bought one that looks like the OoT but not the same one.... thats cool as fuck, why doesn't UK get that? we sometimes get cool shit =[

They were giving out Ocarinas at GAME on Oxford Street in London the other week if you went in and played the game. So I hear, anyway. Ocarinas for the filthy street proles but nothing for the loyal pre-orderers outside of the CD. Which will be a pretty good consolation mind you.

For some reason there's a golden Skulltula missing for me. It's the one in the lost woods where you have to float up to a higher area with one of the magic bean platforms. Was this one there for anyone else?

polyh3dron said:
For some reason there's a golden Skulltula missing for me. It's the one in the lost woods where you have to float up to a higher area with one of the magic bean platforms. Was this one there for anyone else?

It was there. Are you checking at nighttime?

rhino4evr

I missing two treasure chests in the lens of truth dungeon...thinking of giving up. Is there a piece of the heart in here I need to worry about?

swerve said:

I always play at full, and Pilotwings makes me recoil and adjust positions until I can find the 3D settling down and merge the images together, even with the whole game cleared it hasn't clicked in.

Conversely, I've done 15 hours of Ocarina on max and never had to adjust my position due to 3D focus at all. It seems totally natural by comparison to PW.
Same thing for me. Part of me thinks the brighter image of Pilotwings is at least partially to blame.

rhino4evr said:
I missing two treasure chests in the lens of truth dungeon...thinking of giving up. Is there a piece of the heart in here I need to worry about?
Nothing worthwhile except for the lens of truth and gold skulltullas, Bottom of the well can be hilariously short when you know what you're doing and just go in for the lens.

rhino4evr

Nocturnowl said:
Nothing worthwhile except for the lens of truth and gold skulltullas, Bottom of the well can be hilariously short when you know what you're doing and just go in for the lens.
Yeah...the funny thing is that I was obsessed with finding the keys and such that I didn't even realize I had opened up a new area. The Lens of Truth was one of the last things I got. Spent like an hour in their before finding it, LOL

Awesome side dungeon.

giggas

Dr.Hadji said:
Just beat
King Dodongo.
Playing it again, he has got to be the worst boss in the game and possibly the entire series (of the top of my head anyway).

Yeah I think I agree. They don't even play the awesome boss music every other boss gets when you fight him.

Also I had completely forgotten about the Lense of Truth mini dungeon. I went down there last night and was pleasantly surprised. Game just keeps on giving... again.

Diprosalic said:
my ocarina looks crappy :(

thats what i got:

http://www.abload.de/img/i-nkgmnwr-lnt3o.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Still looks like a pretty awesome haul, though. Have you tried any of the deku seed nuts yet? Such a strange item, but still cool, haha!

Anyone know when/if US gamestop is ever getting those posters in?

Futureman

swerve said:

Me too. Full 3D in Pilotwings makes me feel like I'm going cross-eyed. There are times when full 3D in OOT is honestly not even that noticeable.

Just beat the Forest Temple last night.... this is the best game ever. How do you do Boss Rush mode? I thought I read somewhere that you just have to go to your bed, but it wasn't an option for me, just asked if I wanted to rest.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
Phife Dawg said:
Adjusting to the slide pad or more general problems?
My problems are:

- Trying to jump on top of a movable block. The context sensitive command will almost always pick the push/pull command.

- Camera control.

Lonely1 said:
My problems are:

- Trying to jump on top of a movable block. The context sensitive command will almost always pick the push/pull command.

- Camera control.
It's not context sensitive, the options switch after a while of pressing forward.

Camera control when in view mode? I usually use the gyro because it is faster. Or general problems with the lack of an adjustable camera?

Typographenia said:
Still looks like a pretty awesome haul, though. Have you tried any of the deku seed nuts yet? Such a strange item, but still cool, haha!

yeah, not complaining.
::
those are deku tree seeds not nuts. you can plant them and a tree will grow. no idea which one. i'm pretty sure you're not supposed to eat them.

Skilletor

Phife Dawg said:
It's not context sensitive, the options switch after a while of pressing forward.

Camera control when in view mode? I usually use the gyro because it is faster. Or general problems with the lack of an adjustable camera?

The camera is pretty horrible sometimes. Especially in enclosed areas. I could definitely do with a manual camera.

FatCat

Bought it two weeks ago and can't get enough of the 3D and touchscreen goodness.

However I don't remember master quest being so difficult, I must have died 3 times in
the Deku Tree
. I can't begin to imagine the pain I'll go through on later parts of the game.

I got through the entire regular game, got every item, every Skulltula, every Heart piece, upgrade, everything and I didn't die once.

I started Master Quest and so far I've died like three times in the Deku Tree.

SmithnCo

I'll admit, I died once on MQ Deku Tree. That giant Deku Baba at the end of the dungeon can eff himself, I should've just slingshotted his ass. It's easy to forget you only have three hearts and the enemies do more damage. And there are no fairies to save you from death.

Top Bottom