• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D |OT| of |OoT|

hamchan

Showmeyamoves said:
"Environmental structure is relatively sparse Master Quest not unlocked from the start."

DURRRRRRRRRRR

I mean honestly we were lucky enough to get it in the game to begin with.

Nah, it was a dumb move to not give Master Quest from the start considering the large number of people who have already finished original OOT many many times and know the dungeons by heart. The Gamecube bonus disc of OOT let you play Master Quest from the start so it's weird that Nintendo locked it away for the 3DS version.

Deku

Banned
Went to Best Buy here in Vancouver, coming out June 19th, but they are offering 800 points pre-order bonus for it or $8 in cash value. Not a bad deal.

Branson said:
Wtf? Full 3D or bust dawg.
You know it surprises me people even use the 3d slider. Everyone i know plays with the slider at max 3d and brightness full blast. It only hurts your eyes for the first hour or so. People gotta let the 3DS train their eyes man!

artwalknoon said:
Dammit, I've caved. I specifically haven't been watching any new trailers, video reviews, or clips because I didn't want to be enticed into buying this game (I'm not a fan of remakes). But I can't help it, its too awesome not to play. Plus I'm gonna get it on the cheap, so that helps ease my mind.
You did the right thing son. Welcome to the fold.

BooJoh

Branson said:
Wtf? Full 3D or bust dawg.
I don't understand why people still think "full 3d" is something to strive for. I keep my 3D slider about 30% up most of the time for any game, because that's what I find most comfortable for my eyes and aesthetically pleasing. People should keep it set wherever they get the most enjoyment out of it.

BooJoh said:
I don't understand why people still think "full 3d" is something to strive for. I keep my 3D slider about 30% up most of the time for any game, because that's what I find most comfortable for my eyes and aesthetically pleasing. People should keep it set wherever they get the most enjoyment out of it.
But i want to see "deep and wide"

I can't handle it anymore. I was hoping there would be a good preorder bonus from the woodwork, but come on.. sigh.

I am nearly to the point of caving on this AND a fucking 3DS.. what is WRONG with me.. I have the Amazon page loaded up... but 250 for the machine? Really? In one hand I have hesitation, the other has the lube ready. I want it.

BooJoh said:
What are you talking about? 100% 3D is closer to 4D than 30% so ha! It's clearly better.

Ashodin

DownLikeBCPowder said:
I can't handle it anymore. I was hoping there would be a good preorder bonus from the woodwork, but come on.. sigh.

I am nearly to the point of caving on this AND a fucking 3DS.. what is WRONG with me.. I have the Amazon page loaded up... but 250 for the machine? Really? In one hand I have hesitation, the other has the lube ready. I want it.
Come on dude, you get to ride the wave like all of us into Nintendo Glory. DO IT.

Symphonic

DownLikeBCPowder said:

Generally when you want things, you purchase them.

Today I went to BestBuy in hope of getting the game early but alas it was not to be. The employee who I asked did tell me though to get it there (also showed me the newspaper) on Sunday because they have a promo that if you buy OoT and another 3DS game they give you a $25 gift card.

phillax

Banned
My local Gamestop Called to tell me that the game will be available for sale on Sunday the 19th
who doesn't know that?
, and if I purchased through them I will get $20 off the purchase of another 3DS game.

phillax

Banned
DownLikeBCPowder said:
Just amazed, hearing all these references to deals for purchase at a location and Amazon is a no show.

Maybe Amazon is waiting to the game's release date announce a mega deal that will trump the rest?

phillax said:
Maybe Amazon is waiting to the game's release date announce a mega deal that will trump the rest?

But by then I would have bought it, right? Amazon offers release day shipping amongst else, I just can't see that being the protocol? Or at least a desirable one. That's not the way to get my business.. :(

phillax

Banned
DownLikeBCPowder said:
But by then I would have bought it, right? Amazon offers release day shipping amongst else, I just can't see that being the protocol? Or at least a desirable one. That's not the way to get my business.. :(

Does later today sound better?

Peru

I think the gyro aim here is the first time a motion add-on to a regular control scheme works for the better. It's objectively faster and more precise.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
whatevermort said:
Actually, I don't think it is. Definitely seems a little smoother in 2D. Also, far less jarring playing in 2D when occasionally glancing at the inventory screen.
This. I find quite often when I flick back to the main screen from the bottom screen, I see two links, and have to refocus.

Oddly I find full 3D quite nice, something just seems to snap into place and the sense of depth is good.

Still flip flopping on 3D generally though. Depth is nice, but I've not been able to fully relax and enjoy the environment, it always seems like I'm walking around in a cardboard diorama rather than a real world. Hard to out my finger on it.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Peru said:
I think the gyro aim here is the first time a motion add-on to a regular control scheme works for the better. It's objectively faster and more precise.
Best thing about it is how intuitive it feels.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Dabookerman said:
I'm calling them up tomorrow. APPARENTLY the CDs are all gone... this better not be the case.
If so, they should out the soundtrack up for download. Ir someone else could - it was a free gift after all

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Haziqonfire said:
Meaning something that can be 'pick up and play' - Something like what the new Mario game is doing, where the levels are 3 minutes or so each.

I understand what he means, he basically doesn't want a console experience on the go.
Its a silly comment though. OoT us almost ideal for portable gaming. Open world wandering with no time limit so you can pause/continue as you like, and dungeons broken up into discrete room chunks which again you can easily stop during. There are no huge unskippable cutscenes or anything that would otherwise annoy.

And the DS has this neat little feature where you can close it and suspend the game. So even if it was a long section you can still get off the bus.

Ketch

I heard target has a buy OoT get another 3DS game half off. What other 3D game should I get? (I've already got pilot wings).

daffy

Banned
Izayoi said:
Yup. Go max or go home.
I just can't do it :( I have to hold the 3DS at arms length just to handle it decently at max... :/

My eyes better start working right before Mario Kart ! or else

EasyTGT said:
I heard target has a buy OoT get another 3DS game half off. What other 3D game should I get? (I've already got pilot wings).

Not a suggestion, but about this, can you get 2x OoT? Or does it have to be different?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
wrowa said:
Same here.

The error message that's being triggered now sounds more like some obscure system error than like being out of stock though. And since they never mentioned any stock to begin with, I don't think people need to worry already.

same. just registered my points now and the registration clearly has the 'at the end of this, you can get a free CD' banner, and then it goes to the promo form which fails at the end due to some system/data issue.

Is there a way to get there separately? I've registered my points now, which is how I found the page in the first place? Sent them an email too

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Peru said:

Is it the first time its been first person aiming with a handheld? Wiimote is still a disconnected aiming system - with 3DS you're literally moving your view, I think that helps.

Thanks to whoever said they close one eye when gyro aiming - thats genius. I don't like trying to keep it in the sweet spot.

Izayoi

Banned
FTH said:
I just can't do it :( I have to hold the 3DS at arms length just to handle it decently at max... :/

My eyes better start working right before Mario Kart ! or else
I was just joking. My brother can't look at max 3D on Pilotwings for more than five minutes without getting a massive headache, but I can stare at it for hours with no problem. I really think that without the slider the 3DS just wouldn't work. It was a brilliant idea.

Blutonium

Man, returning to the Temple of Time again gave me goosebumps. I hope Nintendo starts the development on Majora's Mask for the 3DS, I need that too.

Top Bottom