• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D |OT| of |OoT|

Magicpaint said:
Easy - 2D. OOT was never designed for 3D after all.

To be honest - the 3D adds a lot to the experience. While not primarily designed for 3D, it adds a cool depth to the experience. There are areas where it doesn't work well, the ones were Navi comes in front of the camera, and it feels funky, but overall I feel it has added a bunch.

dk_ said:
Doesn't 3D provide some kind of fake AA? Will play it in 3D for sure.

I really don't notice a difference when shifting from 2D to 3D.

(also for kicks: fairy nipples has been rounded)

kizmah

Amir0x

Banned
f@luS said:
2d :

3d

we can see AA in 2d here (sorry for shitty pics)

2D wins as usual

I was surprised to learn that the Master Quest in this game is mirrored version from the GameInformer review? I guess I will start with that to get a sort of kind of fresh experience >_<

god I am a Zelda whore

Futureman

Amir0x said:
I was surprised to learn that the Master Quest in this game is mirrored version from the GameInformer review? I guess I will start with that to get a sort of kind of fresh experience >_<

Word is that you don't get MQ until you beat the game.

I don't really care about the dungeons being switched around, but I really wish the hard mode was available from the start.

Amir0x

Banned
Futureman said:
Word is that you don't get MQ until you beat the game.

I don't really care about the dungeons being switched around, but I really wish the hard mode was available from the start.

oh fucking hell

always with the retard decisions

f@luS

More than a member.
Amir0x said:
2D wins as usual

god I am a Zelda whore
the more i play in 3D the more i go back in 2D.

i dont know why, but im losing the contact a lot with 3d here...

and gyro + 3d is just plain stupid

jufonuk

not tag worthy
never got a chance to play OoT when it first came out (long story) also not an RPG lover on the whole.

should I give this a go or not?

how RPG based is this, much action etc??

cheers GAF

Amir0x

Banned
jufonuk said:
never got a chance to play OoT when it first came out (long story) also not an RPG lover on the whole.

should I give this a go or not?

how RPG based is this, much action etc??

cheers GAF

its RPG elements are so lite that it's not an RPG at all

it's an action adventure game

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Amir0x said:

SOLD!!
EDIT:
Cheers Amirox..looks like i might finally get to find out what all the fuss is about with thiis being considered the best game of all time and all

The Lamp

Amir0x said:
2D wins as usual

god I am a Zelda whore

You can't. It doesn't unlock until you beat the normal version first.

EDIT: beaten.

f@luS said:

I think it's very easy to lose focus in Ocarina of Time, it's very sensitive to view changing. But I can't switch to 2D though, the game looks really stunning with 3D on...

Skilletor

f@luS said:

Gyro + 3D should not be implemented. As cliche as oil and water. So stupid.

Also, yes, 2D ftw.

Damn, I don't want to keep looking at new media from the game, I've seen way more than enough already, but I keep being tempted to come into this thread :(

Red

Amir0x said:

Weird how the "is Zelda an RPG" questions can exist so far into the franchise. Outside of Zelda II, the series is all action adventure.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Crunched said:
Weird how the "is Zelda an RPG" questions can exist so far into the franchise. Outside of Zelda II, the series is all action adventure.

never really got into Zelda...looks like I need to :D

Amir0x

Banned
The Lamp said:
You can't. It doesn't unlock until you beat the normal version first.

EDIT: beaten.
i know. so fucking shit.

jufonuk said:
SOLD!!
EDIT:
Cheers Amirox..looks like i might finally get to find out what all the fuss is about with thiis being considered the best game of all time and all

It is definitely one of the best games of all time. The one that IS positive about this version is they're fixing the two biggest problems with the original (well, sort of)... the framerate is at 30fps now and the visuals don't look like an n64 game anymore. The visuals don't look great but they definitely don't look like a shit N64 product. So the product can stand the test of time a little better now.

Experiencing this game for the first time would probably be mindblowing even today if this is your first encounter with it.

Crunched said:

I know. Seriously been dealing with this question since Link to the Past days lol

Have they disclosed how this CD soundtrack thing will work?

Will it be the first <x> amount of people to register via Club Nintendo or something?
If so, I will have to move hell and earth to get this early

Luigi87

radioheadrule83 said:

Will it be the first <x> amount of people to register via Club Nintendo or something?

My guess is it will be people have until X date to register, then they will print the number of CDs accordingly, and ship them out in like... November.

Oxx

radioheadrule83 said:

Isn't the NOE site still out of commission at the moment? I predict tears.

Mistle

Is there any word on Australians getting the CD? Considering the game comes out on the 30th, there must be some special guidelines...

And if only we also got the concert.. I really don't have high hopes of that making it's way down here haha. It's a shame.

Busaiku

Screenshots really don't do this game any justice at all.
Every time I see screenshots, I think the game looks absolutely hideous.

Seeing the video on my 3DS, while I wouldn't call it beautiful, I don't feel like puking.

Symphonic

Mistle said:
Is there any word on Australians getting the CD? Considering the game comes out on the 30th, there must be some special guidelines...

And if only we also got the concert.. I really don't have high hopes of that making it's way down here haha. It's a shame.

Are there any touring dates up yet? Or at least a date for when we'll get the touring dates?

jufonuk said:
never really got into Zelda...looks like I need to :D

Im jelous you get to experience this masterpiece for the first time, zelda is the best action/adventure series ever. No game can come close to the sense of adventure you get while roaming the worlds this series brought us. Also if you have a wii/gamecube id highly suggest wind waker and twilight princess, both are amazing. Fuck it try to play them all as they're all great games, some not as good as others in the series but most games cant touch them regardless.

watershed

Banned
I vowed to not get this game because I don't like buying remakes, plus I already have pikmin 2 and DQ 9 to satisfy my gaming itch, but looking at this game and reading reviews is threatening to make me open my wallet. It just looks so damn good!

Gravijah

artwalknoon said:
I vowed to not get this game because I don't like buying remakes, plus I already have pikmin 2 and DQ 9 to satisfy my gaming itch, but looking at this game and reading reviews is threatening to make me open my wallet. It just looks so damn good!

It's OoT, mang!

dc89

Busaiku said:
Screenshots really don't do this game any justice at all.
Every time I see screenshots, I think the game looks absolutely hideous.

Seeing the video on my 3DS, while I wouldn't call it beautiful, I don't feel like puking.

Not sure if serious.

Amir0x

Banned
shadyspace said:
I can't see how you can own a 3DS and not get this game. I mean, it's a game! On the 3DS! That you can actually play!

it's because it's a game most people played ten thousand times. I myself have been OoT 30 times or more. It's not acceptable original 3DS content

that said, I am a Zelda whore. But acting like there's not a billion reasons not to get this is insane.

Top Bottom