• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D |OT| of |OoT|

Amir0x said:
it's because it's a game most people played ten thousand times. I myself have been OoT 30 times or more. It's not acceptable original 3DS content

that said, I am a Zelda whore. But acting like there's not a billion reasons not to get this is insane.
The point I made speaks to just how much of a wasteland the 3DS catalog has been thus far. Especially if you got the thing at launch. I don't see many reasons for someone not to get this game who's been chomping at the bit to have a full-featured, honest-goodness real video game to play on the 3DS.

Symphonic

Amir0x said:
it's because it's a game most people played ten thousand times. I myself have been OoT 30 times or more. It's not acceptable original 3DS content

that said, I am a Zelda whore. But acting like there's not a billion reasons not to get this is insane.

There's a billion reasons not to get this game? I mean, yeah, the one you just listed makes sense and I suppose that people could complain about some of the graphical changes, but what else aside from that?

jufonuk

not tag worthy
one other thing (I sound like columbo)
how suited would the game be to commute play?? as I mostly play the 3DS on the train.. so if it lends it self well to that (in theory) hope it has a quick save type thing...will keep me entertained on the train for a while I guess..

Amir0x

Banned
nope i won't play that game here. you guys will cry the second this thread gets derailed and it'd be all my fault somehow

Gravijah

jufonuk said:
how suited would the game be to commute play?? as I mostly play the 3DS on the train.. so if it lends it self well to that (in theory) hope it has a quick save type thing...will keep me entertained on the train for a while I guess..

Not sure how it works here but in OoT64 you can basically save everywhere.

jufonuk said:
You don't need a quick save feature for the 3DS (OoT's save feature is quite generous, anyway). It's sleep mode is excellent.

Symphonic

Amir0x said:
nope i won't play that game here. you guys will cry the second this thread gets derailed and it'd be all my fault somehow

Noted.

So gonna assume that there's no dates for the tour? No one said anything, so I suppose I'll take that as a depressing sign of defeat.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
shadyspace said:
I can't see how you can own a 3DS and not get this game. I mean, it's a game! On the 3DS! That you can actually play!

I don't feel like that Street Figter and Ghost Recon are great games as well..

Though the Nintendo Titles will be huge..

radioheadrule83 said:
Great post. (No sarcasm)

A Link to the Past is my favorite Zelda game, and I do appreciate the references to it. Wind Waker is probably my favorite story in the series, and I do like the graphics (though, it started the whole "every Zelda game needs a new artstyle" movement), but I feel, from a gameplay standpoint alone, it's an inferior version to Ocarina of Time. Wind Waker is full of great ideas, but they didn't flourish for whatever reason. It's an incomplete game.

A little charm does go a long way though. The "feeling" Wind Waker gives off makes me smile a lot. Still, I find it an extremely hard game to replay because of all of its shortcomings in the gameplay department.

Luigi87

loblaw said:
Noted.

So gonna assume that there's no dates for the tour? No one said anything, so I suppose I'll take that as a depressing sign of defeat.

They haven't yet expanded on anything regarding the tour beyond its mention at E3.

Amir0x

Banned
I have one of those early selling days in Hazleton... not sure if it's worth the drive just to claim it a few hours early...

hmmm

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Dorfdad said:
I don't feel like that Street Figter and Ghost Recon are great games as well..

Though the Nintendo Titles will be huge..

ghost recon is my most played 3DS game and a great handheld experience..loved it..
now onto SSFIV

Amir0x

Banned
it's about 40 minutes from me. It's just I don't like to waste my saturdays at geeky gaming events with creepy nintendo fans.

but i am a Zelda whore...

Gravijah

Amir0x said:
it's about 40 minutes from me. It's just I don't like to waste my saturdays at geeky gaming events with creepy nintendo fans.

Just make sure to wear your tunic.

Symphonic

Amir0x said:

You only live once, man. Zelda is worth it sometimes.

Luigi87

Amir0x said:

You've already given in by accepting that you will buy it... What's surrendering a shred more of dignity?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
KeeSomething said:
I'm really glad Ocarina of Time is being updated for 3DS. I'm so tired of being told that I'm wearing nostalgia goggles whenever I point out how wonderful the game is. With a few tweaks to the graphics and item managment, this is still one of the greatest games today.

3DS lite, come out sooner! I promised myself I wouldn't buy the regular 3DS.

I don't mind my early purchase. It's small enough, and at least unlike the DSfat the 3DS isn't ugly as sin.

daffy

Banned
shadyspace said:
The point I made speaks to just how much of a wasteland the 3DS catalog has been thus far. Especially if you got the thing at launch. I don't see many reasons for someone not to get this game who's been chomping at the bit to have a full-featured, honest-goodness real video game to play on the 3DS.
3DS is backwards compatible btw. Its not like it plays only 3DS games.

DrForester said:
I don't mind my early purchase. It's small enough, and at least unlike the DSfat the 3DS isn't ugly as sin.
I like the design, it's just that I figure the next upgrade will most likely have longer battery life, which is my biggest concern. That, and aside from Ocarina of Time, I'm not really interested in any 3DS games. Maybe RE: Revelations.

Outtrigger888 said:
Wait wait wait this is going to be playing while im roaming hyrule field? Fuck me. If any remake can sell a handheld its ocarina of time, I expect to see 3ds sales go up in june.

We don't know specifically where in the game that song plays, actually. Just that it's in the game.

Outtrigger888 said:
Wait wait wait this is going to be playing while im roaming hyrule field? Fuck me. If any remake can sell a handheld its ocarina of time, I expect to see 3ds sales go up in june.
No. It will not play on Hyrule field. Probably the end credits.

Skilletor said:
Never seen an apologist for jaggies. Weird.
I've never liked AA just to get rid of jagged edges like shown in the screenshot, particularly when the resolution is as low as it is on the 3DS, where you are definitely losing visual detail in the process and making the image look soft and kinda-blurry. I just don't get as offended by small jagged lines as I do by lack of detail and blur. Where I see AA as being important is to prevent animating moire patterns in the distance.

Kirbyguy said:
Think it was confirmed to be the credits song, especially considering the way it sounds and whatnot.

it sounds identical in placement as the original, but there was about two and half minutes of filler in the original.

Amir0x said:
the overworld is the only orchestrated theme i know of

The description on the Youtube video says there will be other orchestrated tracks in the game. No source though of course.

This is so fucking good though anyway.

Amir0x

Banned
brochiller said:
The description on the Youtube video says there will be other orchestrated tracks in the game. No source though of course.

This is so fucking good though anyway.

no. They said it's one track when they first revealed they'd have one at all

Everyone always wants the overworld to be orchestrated, but Nintendo would never do it in OoT, because they are apparently proud of the active-music system they created for that which smoothly changes the song to be more threatening when an enemy sees you.

f@luS

More than a member.
i cant emphasis enough how the game is better looking in 2d after playing more (hyrule castle)

the antialiasing and soft look make it kinda low rez as it is...but so much cleaner....pretty big imho.

its almost a good looking game really..nice models, big world and no flat 2d bakground... i like it a lot...

syoaran

Dreamwriter said:
Everyone always wants the overworld to be orchestrated, but Nintendo would never do it in OoT, because they are apparently proud of the active-music system they created for that which smoothly changes the song to be more threatening when an enemy sees you.

I'm not sure why they were proud of that. Totally Games were doing it in X-Wing and Tie Fighter almost a decade earlier...

and wow, 3-4 more days depending on delivery. Can't believe its almost here.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Apparently, the project started with Eiji Aonuma and his EAD Group No.3 and Grezzo Games beginning the co-development. But then Takao Shimizu and his EAD Tokyo Group No.1 (Mahito Yokota) took over the co-development on Nintendo's behalf and continued working with Grezzo while Aonuma co-produced from afar.

DrForester said:
Yeah, I think the 3DS is a pretty good model.

It's not like the jump from the DS to the 3DS was like the jump from the GB to GBA or the GBA to the DS. Nintendo already learned the lessons with the DS era, so to me the 3DS feels more like the 4th DS model rather than a new handheld.

I think the Lite came out 2 years later, which is a pretty long time anyway. I don't think I can wait 2 years. Might as well get a 3DS now, enjoy it, and get the Lite 2 years later!

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
Fantastical said:
Amazon isn't doing release date delivery for this game, but they're doing it for The Mercenaries 3D. :(

OoT is releasing on a Sunday instead of Tuesday. Mail doesn't run on Sunday. I'm facing the same annoyance, so I sympathize with you.

AniHawk

KeeSomething said:
No. It will not play on Hyrule field. Probably the end credits.

it'll probably play in the credits sequence after the sky temple where you obtain the triforce once you complete oot, mq, and boss rush mode.

I thought the 3D in this game was really cool. It's as if you're peering into a window.

Plus seeing all the particles in Kokiri Forest swirling around you was pretty great.

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
Yeah, I think the 3DS is a pretty good model.

It's not like the jump from the DS to the 3DS was like the jump from the GB to GBA or the GBA to the DS. Nintendo already learned the lessons with the DS era, so to me the 3DS feels more like the 4th DS model rather than a new handheld.

I think the Lite came out 2 years later, which is a pretty long time anyway. I don't think I can wait 2 years. Might as well get a 3DS now, enjoy it, and get the Lite 2 years later!
That was my mentality. When an eventual 3DS Lite equivalent comes out, I'll buy it, transfer my data (assuming Nintendo aren't evil bastards) and probably get 60% or so of the cost back selling the original model.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
MasterShotgun said:
OoT is releasing on a Sunday instead of Tuesday. Mail doesn't run on Sunday. I'm facing the same annoyance, so I sympathize with you.
Oh, I didn't think of that. Damn you Nintendo and your Sunday releases!

MasterShotgun said:

Yup. Rare EB games stop for me on Sunday =/.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Still waiting for that second part of the OoT 3DS Iwata Asks interview to be translated or at least summarized. :mad:

RpgN

Got a call from the shop I ordered the game from, and it's waiting for me there. Time to grab it and enjoy the game. See you later guys!

Top Bottom