• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't wait for many of the people shitting on it now to be singing its praises when it's done. Nothing more fitting for Wind Waker than that.

well, they aren't going to add dungeons I don't think. as I understood things, they already used the concepts for the cut dungeons in later games. I'm not complaining about that, I loved the sailing, and after the triforce quest I found all the sunken treasures because I hadn't had enough of it.

I'm sure they'll make some tweaks though, but if they were adding dungeons, I doubt we'd be looking at a release this year. I'd rather they put any new dungeon designs into the all new Zelda game so that we get that sooner rather than later.

personally.

it looks amazing.

Not

Banned
Let's see spend $50 and play it in 720p with No AA, no AF and no new additions or pay like $20 or less and emulate on Dolphin with 1080p resolution, 8x AA, and 16x AF. hmm.... I'll choose Dolphin

Its not confirmed that the max resolution will be 720p. Geez, everyone chill out. Play Dolphin then. Stop complaining.

Hypatia

Although the visuals are rather disappointing, I look forward to playing this.

Yeah, it'll be fun to play even if they make no changes to the originals gameplay.

But I'm pretty excited about the gameplay changes they're planning to make.

I was fine with the lack of dungeons, I even like the sailing and the Triforce quest doesn't bother me at all... but if they actually add more dungeons and make sailing easier and stick more stuff in the Great Sea?

That would be amazing.

Also I'd be much less disappointed in the art style if they'd said it was a HD 'reimagining' rather than a HD remake. No reason they can't do both like Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary though.

bridegur

I'm excited to see what they do to tweak the gameplay, but visually, it looks so, so much better in Dolphin than with this new bloomy garbage.

this is like a deja vu... people getting angry because Zelda they expected became CELDA LULZ now they love CELDA and say What is this CLAYDA SHIT?

I for one welcome my CLAYDA Overlords cannot wait to play this hope I finish it this time... just don't launch the same day as Xenoblade 2

Jaruru

MY FAV. ZELDA GAME!!!

yea, get rid of the Gameboy Advance connectivity thing, replace it somehow with GamePad?

the Collectables, ... fix it. just too hard to collect the bosses and such

FuturusX

Ok so the measured response to Nintendo should be:

HD Wind Waker cool. But please make good choices. The original art direction was delightful. Please ensure the updates do not undermine that which was glorious.

beril

It's still cel-shading. Instead of saying it's not, people should make more factually accurate statements, like, "It no longer looks like a cartoon!" and "Bloom ruins everything!" and "Why does the outline of the island make my eyes burn!"

Saying that it isn't cell shaded is a factually accurate statement. Those others are not.

I have a bit mixed feelins about it. I think the environments look better if a bit too extreme with the bloom, but abandoning cellshading is a somewhat weird choice. Maybe they felt it didn't mesh well with the more fancy ligthing for the environments. I'm not that bothered about it either way; the original looked great and holds up well but I don't really agree with the people holding up the dolphin shots as the most beautiful thing in the world.

Interesting. Wind Waker actually still looks great. In fact, it's the best looking GCN game there is...

I've got a "nobody is asking for this" feeling but am still looking forward to seeing the Wii U version in motion.

LeleSocho

Banned
Screen3-Large.jpg

vs

irbdIzFZIJj6E.jpg

Thank you, these two screens actually shows what's wrong with the graphics of this HD remake.

I am exactly in between liking this remake or not because while it looks really bad compared to the original the idea of playing the fixed (real) Wind Waker excite me like few things.

Yet i was really burned by OoT3D expecting Zelda Ura so until they officially announce the fixed Triforce quest and the missing dungeons i'm more nay than yay.

I can't wait for many of the people shitting on it now to be singing its praises when it's done. Nothing more fitting for Wind Waker than that.

don't worry, i already played wind waker on the gamecube, if i ever wanted to replay it would be on dolphin because it looks better so far.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
The art doesnt look right yet. The original has nice earthy tones and this ones has the new HD bloom going a little high, plus the characters need more polish.

Theyll get there, though. This is the right game for Nintendo to fix since it had the most missing content and the ocean stuff is ripe for a remake. Perfect fit and Im super excited for it :)

DaBoss

I think there is too much bloom from the screen shots that show a significant portion of Windfall, but the screenshots at ground level showing Link and Tetra seem fine. I'm liking this a lot, hope they add content and tweak the game.

Fitting that a Wind Waker unveiling would be shat on for its graphics.

The sweet irony is strong.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
We've seen about 4 early screens of a single, sun-soaked island environment.

I doubt the lighting will be like that through the whole game.

Nintendo announces Wind Waker - People complain about the graphics.

Some things never change. ^^ I am looking forward to the ultimate version of the game.

Not

Banned
You know what I want? An updated soundtrack. They already wrote all the arrangements for the orchestral concerts anyway

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Have they cleaned up the textures at all? Can't tell with the screenshots.

And why change the soundtrack, especially in a game with dynamic music.

mdtauk

The overly blue tint is a shame, and I do hope these are just test screenshots as they seem to be. I did a quick photoshop colour balance to get warmer feelings from the image.

Not

Banned
I'm listening to the 25th anniversary Wind Waker Symphonic movement and looking at the screenshots at the same and oh sweet Jesus I came.

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME

I'm not fussed over the visual upgrade but if they reinstate the cut dungeons i'll bite. Not particularly concerned about ocean traversal and end game fetch quest but i imagine those will be amended as well and that certainly wouldn't hurt.

What i'm most happy about though is it's establishing a precedent. They may be out of ideas and too busy only making versions of mega-hit games to give us a brand new F-Zero, but most fans would be happy with a HD GX remake with online and track editor anyway, so here's hoping for something!

Awful re imagining based on what's been shown. Lost almost every bit of charm the original had. Dolphin running the original code will always be the better version.

Nintendo needed to do almost nothing to make this a legit HD version, and they spent massive resources to make it worse.

lolnintendo.gif

Frumix

Suffering From Success
They might've changed the textures and lighting but the geometry seems to be exactly the same. Yeah this is only going to be worth it if they improve on the scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom