• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Lords Of The Fallen announced (Gamescom 2022)

Draugoth

Gold Member
Fa3Yd7PXoAE6men

Last edited:

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I demolished the first game, it was okay. This is gonna be great though

anthony2690

Banned
I'm willing to give it a go, I finished the first one, whilst I only felt it was okay, I feel like after all this time,they should be able to deliver, plus great song choice, looking forward to seeing gameplay.

Mr Hyde

Hated Lords of the Fallen when I first played it at launch. It was a clunky and uninspired mess. Picked it up again last year for a new run and to my surprise, I liked it quite a lot. Pretty excited for this one. Too bad they didn't show gameplay. These CG trailers does nothing for me.

The first was really good with it's hefty movement and animations. The combat itself also felt nice because of it. If this iteration has a 60fps mode, they can have a day one.

Shubh_C63

soul-like games are easy to duplicate but harder to master. iirc lords of the fallen was the first major souls clone, so I guess this must be good

Hated Lords of the Fallen when I first played it at launch. It was a clunky and uninspired mess. Picked it up again last year for a new run and to my surprise, I liked it quite a lot. Pretty excited for this one. Too bad they didn't show gameplay. These CG trailers does nothing for me.
Curious: did they patch things up, or did you just have a different mindset this time around? Only game of theirs that I’ve played is Surge 2 but I’ve always thought LotF looked interesting.

Mr Hyde

Curious: did they patch things up, or did you just have a different mindset this time around?

Both. It's in a much better state tech wise (though I played it on PS5 so it was probably running the Pro-version) and my mindset was in a different state. I had a much more positive reaction now. I think I compared it too much to Dark Souls thinking it would be just as good and got disappointed but the game stands on its own two legs.

Last edited:

CosmicComet

I beat the first Lords of The Fallen recently and I enjoyed the hell out of it.

I played a tanky build and to my surprise a tanky build in that game was very much tanky. Unlike in Dark Souls where being a tank just means you can take like 2 or 3 hits more before dying.

I liked Harkyn and would have enjoyed more of his story but understandable that they went with customizable characters this time around seeing as the first game came out in 2014...before Bloodborne even!

Orpheum

Gotta be honest here. I absolutely hated the first game.

When they released the surge i thought it was okayish at times but ultimately mediocre at best...really disappointing.

The surge 2 was fucking great and it's unironically among my most played games and i still enjoy it from time to time.

They learned a lot with each game so i have faith in this!

jaysius

Banned
First game was absolute garbage. Gues we'll see.
They paid to get that Danzig song in this trailer, they HAVE to be upping their production values and gameplay just everything.

If they haven't, then they've wasted a FUCK TON of money they'll never ever see again.

Last edited:
They paid to get that Danzig song in this trailer, they HAVE to be upping their production values and gameplay just everything.

If they haven't, then they've wasted a FUCK TON of money they'll never ever see again.
Of course they upped their production values plz compare the very mediocre CGI of the first game to this

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I really don’t see the point of trailers when no gameplay is shown.

After the first fun but average game, are people really ready to preorder based on a movie clip?

PuffyCan

I really don’t see the point of trailers when no gameplay is shown.

After the first fun but average game, are people really ready to preorder based on a movie clip?
every game should be revealed like this year dead island 2 trailer, show gameplay right after the cgi trailer

The first game was mediocre, never finished it. Deck 13 followed up with The Surge and it's sequel which were both great. However, we've got new devs here so it's hard to gauge, especially without gameplay. I love dark fantasy/Souls by default so hopefully it delivers.

Aenima

The 1st game was the worst souls clone i ever played. And im still mad at myself for pushing forward untill i beat it expecting the game to get better. It never did.

Top Bottom