• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mass Effect Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I kinda hope this is not Shepard 2.0 default face. We do not need another bald dude. Give us some guy with awesome non-plastic hair for once.

diaspora

I honestly don't know if they're going to bother with a prescanned face for ME now that they're on Frostbite. If it's anything like DA:I, they might have a default preset rather than face scanning considering how robust DA:I's face-maker was.

DOWN

Banned
I honestly don't know if they're going to bother with a prescanned face for ME now that they're on Frostbite. If it's anything like DA:I, they might have a default preset rather than face scanning considering how robust DA:I's face-maker was.
DAI had great looking faces, especially for a cross gen game. Competitive for best customizer. Though the lip syncing was wild. And I loved the skin effects despite people saying they were shiny.

diaspora

Incidentally, GlamFM in the Andromeda thread claims to have seen the game and the space flight was described as being like No Man's Sky in how you fly to and land on planets. I don't know if any of that is true or if it'll be in the final product but so help me if it is.

Incidentally, GlamFM in the Andromeda thread claims to have seen the game and the space flight was described as being like No Man's Sky in how you fly to and land on planets. I don't know if any of that is true or if it'll be in the final product but so help me if it is.
well they did say that there's no loading screens right? just seamless transitions? so this would make sense.

Mindlog

That was posted last year I believe? Just forgot about it :]
Glam wouldn't make it up. That was the plan at the time, but it was a while back.

diaspora

That was posted last year I believe? Just forgot about it :]
Glam wouldn't make it up. That was the plan at the time, but it was a while back.

NOkrIWm.gif

Daemul

To this day I still don't understand how Bioware copied default Shepard's face model so perfectly and yet fucked up Miranda's.

How do you fuck up this:

Bioware how?

In those short pre rendered movie clips they showed pre-ME2 when they were building up each new character her face actually looked good, I have no idea what happened when they transitioned it to the in game engine.

To this day I still don't understand how Bioware copied default Shepard's face model so perfectly and yet fucked up Miranda's.

How do you fuck up this:

Bioware how?

In those short pre rendered movie clips they showed pre-ME2 when they were building up each new character her face actually looked good, I have no idea what happened when they transitioned it to the in game engine.
huh? if you ask me they did a better job with her than with shep.

DOWN

Banned
Y'all are delusional. Miranda is the fugliest scanned game model I've ever seen. Actual they did an awful job on her and on Jessica Chobot. Both looked far lower quality than Male Shep. They were pale women with droopy dark eyelids and unrealistic gross hair. I never imagined two beautiful real women getting so fucked up in translation. Nobody would know the model for Miranda is incredibly beautiful if they looked at her model in game only. Where as Shepard totally looks like a hot male model and translated very well.
TLd5M.gif

She's dressing up because she's my wife.
She's really not D:
huh? she's my wife tho
Y'all are delusional. Miranda is the fugliest scanned game model I've ever seen. Actual they did an awful job on her and on Jessica Chobot. Both looked far lower quality than Male Shep. They were pale women with droopy dark eyelids and unrealistic gross hair. I never imagined two beautiful real women getting so fucked up in translation. Nobody would know the model for Miranda is incredibly beautiful if they looked at her model in game only. Where as Shepard totally looks like a hot male model and translated very well.
TLd5M.gif
maybe the real problem is that the graphics just wasn't the strongsuit for this series. ;)

Mediking

TLd5M.gif

Ummmm.... Miranda is INCREDIBLY high on the popularity list. She's like one of the top waifu in the series.... You say her game model is ugly but there's tons of people who would disagree with you on that..... Heh....

huh? she's my wife tho
maybe the real problem is that the graphics just wasn't the strongsuit for this series. ;)

So you understand how I feel when I say I want a Miranda Lawson spiritual successor. I want another gorgeous, well written, tsundere.

Ummmm.... Miranda is INCREDIBLY high on the popularity list. She's like one of the top waifu in the series.... You say her game model is ugly but there's tons of people who would disagree with you on that..... Heh....
possibly the second highest romanced character

So you understand how I feel when I say I want a Miranda Lawson spiritual successor. I want another gorgeous, well written, tsundere.
yeah bro. we will get that, it'll be fresh and new and will have its own merit. i'm sure of it

You have good taste in women!

tumblr_mtwcwvIVBi1qzkdnwo2_500.gif

miranda_lawson_yes_sir_by_revan654-d3g6izp.jpg
I have to admit,

back in 2010 when this game was still a 360 console exclusive, and knew like nothing about the game,
I went on youtube to look up the sex scene between her and shep...
that was the thing from technobuffalo's videos that stuck to me the most lol

prag16

Banned
Yeah, the Vanderloo scan is damn near impeccable.

For poor Yvonne... yeah they definitely butchered her. As one of the most beautiful women on the planet, it's almost unconscionable how this could happen.

That said, Miranda definitely doesn't look "bad". It's just such a downgrade from the source material that it sticks out for anyone familiar with the real deal, especially compared to Shepard, where they basically nailed it.

960full-yvonne-strahovski.jpg

Patryn

Part of the Miranda problem is that the ME games just didn't do hair very well, a problem default MaleShep didn't have to deal with.

I wasn't super impressed by like, any of the character models in the ME games. As great as those games were, the graphics weren't really the best part.

I didn't expect the gap between first & second place to be so big. I expected Tali to be second place but it is nice to see Miranda there <3
keep in mind the survey group. it's men aged 18-34, and only 1,000+ of them. it's not representative of the millions' group of people who's played ME.

Daemul

Yeah the face lighting was fucked in ME, something was off and it may be a reason why everything was made darker in ME3, but it was still weird at times.

Same with the weird looking facial expression's, like The Artisan said the smiles were strange.

it's kinda funny how she was okay with all the fucked up shit they were doing but drew the line at the human reaper.

This shit still makes me facepalm to this day, as does that entire ending, it made no sense. The

"Not just any Reaper--a Human Reaper"

line has got to be the most unintentionally hilarious piece of dialogue in the game.

This shit still makes me facepalm to this day, as does that entire ending, it made no sense. The

"Not just any Reaper--a Human Reaper"

line has got to be the most unintentionally hilarious piece of dialogue in the game.

The Miranda t
looks like you didn't finish what you were trying to say. what is your complete thought?

Daemul

looks like you didn't finish what you were trying to say. what is your complete thought?

KuGsj.gif

FML. I had typed out another few sentences but it seems only a couple of words showed up.
KuGsj.gif

I think I was going to say something about how Miranda going from defending TIM and making excuses for the things that happened to Jack and making excuses for the things Cerberus did in ME1(Cerberus Cells have a natural disposition to go rouge it seems lol), to suddenly leaving Cerberus even if you saved the base, has got to be one of the most nonsensical heel turns I've ever seen.

Of all the things to tip Miranda over and question her loyalty in Cerberus it just happened to be what was probably the most logical and defensible thing that Cerberus had ever done? Not the Jack experiments? Not killing Kahoku? Not unleashing crazed Rachni in some parts of the galaxy and turning people into Creepers? Not what happened to David Archer?

Bioware please.

diaspora

Smiles and laughter in general for the majority of last-gen games was absolutely shithouse. Inquisition did better with smiles but the laughter animations were bizarre as fuck though I wouldn't be surprised if that was due to a combination of a first pass at using Frostbite and having the game be designed for the PS3/360.

KuGsj.gif

FML. I had typed out another few sentences but it seems only a couple of words showed up.
KuGsj.gif

I think I was going to say something about how Miranda going from defending TIM and making excuses for the things that happened to Jack and making excuses for the things Cerberus did in ME1(Cerberus Cells have a natural disposition to go rouge it seems lol), to suddenly leaving Cerberus even if you saved the base, has got to be one of the most nonsensical heel turns I've ever seen.

Of all the things to tip Miranda over and question her loyalty in Cerberus it just happened to be what was probably the most logical and defensible thing that Cerberus had ever done? Not the Jack experiments? Not killing Kahoku? Not unleashing Rachni and turning people into Creepers? Not what happened to David Archer?

Bioware please.
lol

I think by the end of Me2 they wanted to think of some sort of reason for her to betray him. because he pretty much is the main antagonist of Me3, that's one of the things that bothered me about that game...

like, first of all, Illusive's actions confirms and proves all the suspicions everyone was telling Shepard, and Cerberus just seemed to be the main threat to directly deal with in the game while the reapers in the background were essentially an (on literally a large ass galactic scale) environmental hazard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom